Thread: RTR ground types for mod-switch

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default RTR ground types for mod-switch

Here is the file you need to get original RTR ground types (campaign texture) in the mod-switch version of RTRPE.

It looks like this:

More detailed though not very different. Anyway the file in attachment is the basic data file you need to get custom ground-types to work in any mod-switch (which is somehow omitted in RTRPE). You can also copy ground textures from other mods you like.

INSTALL: put the file into RTRPE\Data directory. Your RTRPE mod-switch should be installed with the option "RTR ground types" on (the description says it's vanilla ground types BUT IT'S WRONG)
    ________
    SwedishNymph
    Last edited by AqD; September 20, 2011 at 08:00 AM.

Default Re: RTR ground types for mod-switch

RTRPE is simply RTR Gold, but reworked to work with the RTW v1.5 or BI v1.6 game engines. The developers of RTR Gold added new ground type textures, so RTRPE has the new RTR Gold ground type textures. The general aim of the RTRPE project was not to change RTR Gold, other than what was needed to adapt it to work with the newer RTW v1.5 and BI v1.6 game engines, so ground type textures were not changed back to previous versions.

Personally, I don't care for them either, and use a custom set I put together for use in my own RTRPE install. But this is a personal preference of mine, not necessarily shared by others.

Update: Oops, re-read your post and just realized you were referring to the mod-switch version of RTRPE. I've not used it and did not realize.
    Last edited by Marcus Camillus; August 03, 2008 at 02:49 PM.
    Marcus Camillus