Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EU: Rome Patch 1.3 *RELEASED*

Default EU: Rome Patch 1.3 *RELEASED*

EU - Rome v1.3 is out! Get it here:

http://www.gamersgate.com/eurome/Rome_1.3.exe

Just in case anyone doesn't know and is interested, Paradox are working on the next patch for EU: Rome. It'll be patch 1.3 and a few features have been officially confirmed...

• Events have been added for governors and high priests, which improves the strategy of using them.
    • Effects of Elections and other ruler changes have been reworked, and you can now see some interesting outcomes.
    • You can now lower a characters loyalty or ruin a characters reputation by intrigue actions.
    • Barbarians can now form states of their own given enough time on their occupied lands.
    • The Naval AI has had alot of love, and should now be performing alot better.
    • Declaring wars on nations with much lower (currently 20) civilisation value should no longer required a casus belli.
    • Worth of provinces when negotiating peace is now scaled depending on the size of the country, so Judea as an example may be worth 2% when demanding it off a giant Seleukid Empire, but maybe 50% of a small minor owning it.
    • Britain has gained a few playable tribes.
    • We have rebalanced spawning of inventions, to make it more likely to get during the game.
    • Added another intrigue action, this one to give a governor a free hand in a province.
    • It is now possible to "Give Governor Free Hands", increasing his wealth and corruption, increasing revolt risk in the province, and also increase the loyalty of the governor.
    • Added events for non corrupt governors to build various things in their province.
    • A governor may now loot his province for his personal gain.
    • Events connected to characters should show portraits with links to dynastic view for each character involved.
    • To reward long term stable traderoutes they now get a 1% income bonus per year since creation (up to 100 years).
    • You no longer need a casus belli to declare war on someone who is 20 civ lower than you are.
    • Increase cap on leader ability impact on battle from 3 to 4, and differences are now direct on the martial skill.
    • You can now see detailed relation progress in the tooltip for a relation.
    • Reworked the Admiral AI. The AI will now maintain large fleets in a few base provinces. These fleets are used to hunt down enemy fleets, and broken down only to transport armies or to blockade straits and enemy ports once the hostile fleets have been neutralized.
    • And this little screenshot here, lists all characters involved in an event, and lets you check their details before making a decision.

I'm sure more will be added and hopefully this will iron out some issues that some people have with the game.

It's due mid-August.

NOTE: Credit for this information goes to Johan of the Official Paradox Forums.
    Last edited by Emperor Leo; August 15, 2008 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Update

Default Re: EU: Rome Patch 1.3

Decent patch, i would prefer more tribes overall tho than just those in the UK.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

yea, the half empty state of europe is the bit that kind of annoys me, i didnt like the whole colonisation thing because thats not particularly realistic

Yeah, I agree. Some more playable Germanic tribes to fill out northern Europe would be good. If they're not added, then hopefully the new barbarian states will help pad out that area with settlements.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Leo View Post
    [*]Britain has gained a few playable tribes.[/LIST]
    That is the best thing in this patch.

Cool, let's see how it goes.

Arn's Avatar Sponge worthy

this sounds great
    I made a lot of music for RS II, and that is very awesome because RS II is a very awesome mod!

Default Re: EU: Rome Patch 1.3 *Latest Teasers Added*

*senses expansion just around the corner

Depending on just HOW great the improved strategy of assigning governers is will be a big decider. I might be able to not feel bad about wasting money on an essentially flawed game.

Default Re: EU: Rome Patch 1.3 *Latest Teasers Added 11/08/08*

Strong rumour on the official Paradox forum suggests that a "Greek" expansion is due to be announced very soon. It's speculation at the moment, taken from a few subtle nods in that direction by the Paradox Dev. team. I imagine we'll be seeing "Alexander's Ambition" or something.

EDIT: New patch features added today. See original post. Looking good!
    Last edited by Emperor Leo; August 11, 2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Patch Update

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Well a Greece expansion pack would be cool.
    And the patch sounds like it might be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Leo View Post
    Strong rumour on the official Paradox forum suggests that a "Greek" expansion is due to be announced very soon. It's speculation at the moment, taken from a few subtle nods in that direction by the Paradox Dev. team. I imagine we'll be seeing "Alexander's Ambition" or something.
    An "Alexander's Ambition" styled expansion would be really cool and the patch seems to be shaping up nicely. I hope they really work on this game with good patches and hopefully a great expansion. I really want to like this game. I really do. Right now however, i just cannot get into it as it just doesn't have that "thing" ( i don't know how else to describe it ) that keeps me wanting to come back to a strategy game...ie..In Nomine, HOI,..etc. Here's hoping they don't give up on this title.

Default Re: EU: Rome Patch 1.3 *Even More Teasers Added 12/08/08*

Even more teasers have been added to the original post. The naval AI is a good addition. Johan (of Paradox Dev. Team) states that the patch will be available "soon".

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Patch is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander13 View Post
    An "Alexander's Ambition" styled expansion would be really cool and the patch seems to be shaping up nicely.
    I really hope they have a world map for that then. Because don't tell me you do not fancy marching into China with Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by mike^_^ View Post
    I really hope they have a world map for that then. Because don't tell me you do not fancy marching into China with Alexander
    I'd be happy with Bactria, for christ's sake. Still no idea why they didn't include it in the first release.

EU - Rome v1.3 is now released! (Well, it was released 2 days ago, but still...)

Get it through your Rome game launcher ("Check For Updates")

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    I'd be happy with Bactria, for christ's sake. Still no idea why they didn't include it in the first release.
    That's one of the reasons I haven't even considered touching Rome. I downloaded the demo and played like 5 minutes, and immediately removed it. I was so disappointed when I saw the size of the map, hardly going into even persia, just like RTW. How sad is that? Honestly the least I expected from paradox was a map similar to EB's, touching India. The best I expected, being paradox, of course was a world map.

No thanks, I'd rather play the Rome eu2 mod, sure it can't really compare to rome, but atleast I can go into India and China.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=167576

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Probably to sell the expansion....

I'd be happy with a rtr size map and be VERY happy if it included the extent of the mauryan empire.

Quote Originally Posted by mike^_^ View Post
    I most certainly would.
    Short of that however, i'd settle for an EB/RTR styled map as has been suggested in the past couple of posts. With more playable factions...like some Nomad tribes in the northeast section of the map and Baktria definately needs to be in as well at some point in one of these patches or expansions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast