Thread: AAR RACE!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default AAR RACE!

OK - here's an AAR idea:

An AAR RACE! Yes, that's right, a RACE!

48hrs, how many updates can you write, with the proviso that each update MUST be added only AFTER someone has commented!!!!!

I think I am very sick in my head, you know . . .

p.s: PowerWizard NOT Winter said I should post this so it's his fault . . .

Oops - I seemed to have posted this in the wrong area . . . Can someone move it please? Thanks!
    Last edited by SeniorBatavianHorse; July 31, 2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Correcting Information

Default Re: AAR RACE!

doesn't do much to promote quality.

It's more of a fun thing really.

robin round wins, then.

[..] you seem to like fantasy then. Also you are not much TOLERANT to put that in middle words.
    Voted worst AAR Writer of TWC '08

Icon1 Re: AAR RACE!

SBH, I like the AAR race idea, though I won't have time to compete, I may be fine as a "commenter".

What about the following idea, we pick a PoTW winning photo each week, and the contestants write a short story (or a poem or whatever) on it, min. 300 max. 1000 words?

It would outlet enough creative energies, and good for practice, huh?

We could name it ViPER - Victorious Picture Epic Reply or WIPE - Winning Picture Epic.

We could start with this picture right away.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; July 30, 2008 at 05:07 PM.

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    SBH, I like the AAR race idea, though I won't have time to compete, I may be fine as a "commenter".

What about the following idea, we pick a PoTW winning photo each week, and the contestants write a short story (or a poem or whatever) on it, min. 300 max. 1000 words?

It would outlet enough creative energies, and good for practice, huh?

We could name it ViPER - Victorious Picture Epic Reply or WIPE - Winning Picture Epic.

We could start with this picture right away.
    That's a good idea. Would promote creativity, because we'd all be seeing how everyone else interpreted that one picture.

That's a good idea. Perhaps, though one picture each from RTW and MTW2? I know practically nothing about the middle ages and that would hinder my writing, to be honest! I like the idea of word limit, too.

The AAR RACE was a bit tongue in cheek, to be honest. A sort of irreverent comp. as a contrast to the main one!

@SBH, Ar-Pharazon, good to hear you're in!

I've launched the first contest here. Have fun and good luck!

@SBH: we'll have Roman and Medieval pictures as well. Patience. I see if the first contest turns out well... maybe it's time to freshen your knowledge about medieval era?

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    OK - here's an AAR idea:

48hrs, how many updates can you write, with the proviso that each update MUST be added only AFTER someone has commented!!!!!

p.s: Winter said I should post this so it's his fault . . .

Oops - I seemed to have posted this in the wrong area . . . Can someone move it please? Thanks!
    I honestly don't remember saying to post this

That said, sounds good. Maybe some sort of quality award could come at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Icon1 Re: AAR RACE!

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    OK - here's an AAR idea:

p.s: Winter said I should post this so it's his fault . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I honestly don't remember saying to post this

That said, sounds good. Maybe some sort of quality award could come at the end?
    SBH, the idea still needs elaboration. F.e. how much words an update must contain, with how many pictures etc. And you have to recruit contestants, and list them in the OP.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; July 31, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

My mistake, Winter! I'd just been in the middle of an x-fire chat with you and hopelessly muddled up names! Forgive me.

As for some elaboration - how about each update must contain a minumum of 250 words and 2 pics? More may be added but no less than that. Each post is submitted in private and then publicly released simultaneously at an agreed time. Only once a comment has been added can the next post then be added in, and so on. The comp ends at an agreed time and the person with the most posts - (the mostposter, oh dear . . .) wins AAR points (the number yet to be decided).

First and most obvious problem which may well scupper the whole thing is the different time zones writers might live in . . .

Yes, this is the first problem, so it's technically not too executionable.
    And we're looking for quality, not quantitiy...
    I think with the Monthly + the Themed AAR Competition + Tale of The Week contests, we'll have plenty opportunities to write and compete, so unless you can recruit 4 more contestants, I can't make this an official contest with points and such.

No, I think you're right. The idea's too off-the-wall. Perhaps a later date to shake up the routine, as it were . . .

Okay, so until then I close this thread. If you feel, I should open it again, PM me.