Thread: Late Game CTD year 1366

Default Late Game CTD year 1366

*sigh* well there goes another mod.
    Stainelss steel looks like it has so much promise. But here I am playing a clean install of 5.1 (so I can fight the timurids and go to the new world) and I get a CTD now that I am weeks into playing this campaign. I have searched the forums and see a lot of similar reports but have not come across any solution. Can anyone help? is there some patch I am missing?

heres the last lines of the log
    19:11:28.321 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/general_pontus.rum is missing
    19:11:30.321 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    19:11:33.634 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_ship_dock.TGA.dds is missing
    19:11:33.712 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/water.tga.dds is missing
    19:11:33.728 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    19:11:33.759 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_01.TGA.dds is missing
    19:11:33.759 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_winter.TGA.dds is missing
    19:11:33.790 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    19:11:44.259 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated. I'd hate for yet another wonderful mod to go into the old wastebasket becasue it makes the game unfinishable
    There must be some fix someone has found!

THANKYOU

Burrito

Default Re: Late Game CTD year 1366

I'm having the same problem, it is disheartening to say the least.

I've searched the forum and it seems alot of people are experiencing this yet in not a single thread the problem gets solved. What is up with that?

Are people with this CTD bug stuck or is there a way to fix it?

yeah me too i have 2 post for my CTDs but sadlly no one even cared to answer them, i have my campaign as england and when im about to finish off the danes i have CTD on turn, i dont know if something would come up by 1291~1292year, i have BGYIII and RR ticked and updated, tried everything assasination, change movement, take out all generals, stop qued productions, move merchants, etc.. its the same... this game is good but soooooo frustrating when this happens, i have BC and never had a single CTD, come to think of it in my entire game of totalwar from my shogun to MTW2 and all its xpansions including some Mods, this is my first time to have CTD!!!!.... and i dont where to find that system log their asking about, how do you do it anyway? all i have is a black screen that pops out when i closed the error message.... ohhh well not all games are perfect, makes you think that when we whine about how CA or makers of MTW released their games with bugs.. well this is worst.. sorry

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Main reason people are not replying to queries on SS5.1 problems is that most of us are on SS6.0/6.1 and no longer have 5.1 installed.

Posting a comment on a 5.1 thread about SS6.0 is another way not to get a reply.

BTW I have finished 2 campaigns of SS6.0/6.1 so it can be finished. (I don't have BYG GRIII or RR/RC installed.)