Thread: How do you continue the game beyond the game limit?

Default How do you continue the game beyond the game limit?

Is it possible? I want to keep going but my game is going to run out of turns before I conquer the universe
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Default Re: How do you continue the game beyond the game limit?

You can change the timescale to give you more turns. However, this isn't save compatible, and events will happen slower (so it'll be longer before the Mongols arrive, or gunpowder is discovered etc...).

You can do this by altering the value in the descr_strat file. Its default to 1.50 (i.e: each turn is 18 months). So changing it to say 0.50 would give you about 900 turns instead of the 330 or so.

EDIT: Theres a separate file for both early & late campaigns. The timescale for early is 1.50, for late its 1.00.
    Last edited by Musthavename; July 28, 2008 at 01:17 PM.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Foederatus

As far as i know you can also edit the start and ending year. Don't know if that is save compatible though. This can also be done in the descr_strat, the entry is near the timescale.

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

You can also just continue to play once the time limit is up if you just click continue when the pop up comes up and asks you if you want to continue or quit.

I'm talking the total end game here, not just the end of the long camp. I am already beyond that. Thanks!
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

So when is the absolute end game limit then?

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

joemo's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    So when is the absolute end game limit then?
    1540 1530 somewhere then

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    You can change the timescale to give you more turns. However, this isn't save compatible, and events will happen slower (so it'll be longer before the Mongols arrive, or gunpowder is discovered etc...).

You can do this by altering the value in the descr_strat file. Its default to 1.50 (i.e: each turn is 18 months). So changing it to say 0.50 would give you about 900 turns instead of the 330 or so.

EDIT: Theres a separate file for both early & late campaigns. The timescale for early is 1.50, for late its 1.00.
    Actually, when you change the timescale the events are automatically re-adjusted to suit it

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Ryu View Post
    Actually, when you change the timescale the events are automatically re-adjusted to suit it
    Sorry if my post was written incorrectly but that's what I tried to infer. Events happen slower turn-wise but not yearwise.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Well if it isn't save game compatible I guess any fixes are pooch screwed. Thanks anyways.

Play a 2 turns per year campaign. 950 turns. There is a mod on the submods section that converts it properly, I'm using it and having a lot of fun (yes, I have a lot of spare time)

Cheers chum!