Thread: Is Multi alive?

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Is Multi alive?

if anyone wants to play 5.6 online with me, (if it is online) just reply

Default Re: Is Multi alive?

Hotseat DLV treats players like they are the AI thus gives them all sorts of scripted money infusions.... that takes a lot of the fun out of it especially if you play DLV for how tough it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JakethX View Post
    if anyone wants to play 5.6 online with me, (if it is online) just reply
    I would like to play online.

I always thought that just playing pitched battles online was kinda dull and pointless. I wanted to see my opponent build up an empire, then gloat as he watches it crumble around him with my soldiers rampaging through his lands!! MUWAHAHAHAHA

(basically, campaign multiplayer!! for the love of god i hope they put it in empires! we have the technology!)
    Show me a pint of beer, and I'll give you an empty glass.

Sogesu's Avatar Campidoctor

I want to play online. Version 5.73

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by onlyCookie View Post
    I always thought that just playing pitched battles online was kinda dull and pointless. I wanted to see my opponent build up an empire, then gloat as he watches it crumble around him with my soldiers rampaging through his lands!! MUWAHAHAHAHA

(basically, campaign multiplayer!! for the love of god i hope they put it in empires! we have the technology!)
    Trust me, multiplayer battles are pretty damn amazing. It's why Napoleonic total war is so popular. My brother and I play a couple of games every week, and it's so much fun. Think of all the AI's stupid antics - GONE! Replaced with a foe that thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    Trust me, multiplayer battles are pretty damn amazing. It's why Napoleonic total war is so popular. My brother and I play a couple of games every week, and it's so much fun. Think of all the AI's stupid antics - GONE! Replaced with a foe that thinks.

I dunno, sounds bad to me. How can i be guaranteed to win if i can't rely on my enemy making a slow march towards my defensive lines? (whilst being destroyed by archers)

Sounds to risky to play an opponent that thinks!
    Show me a pint of beer, and I'll give you an empty glass.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Actually, you'd be surprised. I said the opponent thinks. I neglected to say how much

SO basically in order to play this on a multiplayer level all AI faction income bonuses would have to be turned off, so that multiple players could assume control of each faction with out the pluses? Can this be done with the 5.73 and made as a separate download just for multiplayer type version?