Thread: africa or india?

Default africa or india?

i recal asking about the new faction quite a long time ago
    i remember there will not be a slavic faction which is a shame
    but will there be a new afican faction altho saba alredy uses a cupple of ethiopian warriors and the southest or regions in western africa are too large and unefective will there be a new african faction or an indian one? becouse i do recal them taking important and evolved regions and having thier own culture

altho i read the they would unlikely to be fetured
    what would you prefer?
    Last edited by Yura92; July 26, 2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: sorry just read the list

Default Re: africa or india?

Do you mean African or Arabian?

Also, the faction list is not out yet. Telling you would be...well, telling.

Icon3 Re: africa or india?

There may be one or two new African factions, probably Numidian ones. Ethopia/Kush/Meroe is definitely out, however. They had minimal influence on the campaign map and their military was not very sophisticated. Also including them would require a culture slot (to give them black portraits, etc.) and that is not available. The same problem applies to any potential Indian faction; the other problem would be that the main Indian power, the Maureans, are mostly of the map. It would be very unrealistic to include them if their main area of interest and most of the Empire are not present.

A Slavic faction won't be included for the simple reason that, at this point, there were no Slavs yet. The Slavs would only appear several centuries after the game ends.

guess thats right...
    thanks

they need another african faction
    playing as carthage is so0o easy .
    i would like it to be harder
    numidia would be co0l.
    and wich one else..
    i cant think of another one....
    mmmmm

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Kyrene?
    Personally I wouldn't play as them, and I think I've read they won't be included
    But they're the only other plausible African faction I can think of...

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Kyrene?
    Personally I wouldn't play as them, and I think I've read they won't be included
    But they're the only other plausible African faction I can think of...
    but putting more european factions will add to the stress point where you cant act with allies because you know .
    not even in rome.
    allies acted like allies,
    they always backstabbed you.
    thats what i dont like about having too much european factions.
    you know what im talking about .
    at some point a nation will attack you ..
    but if youre at war with another that means the can act togheter . not as allies but attack you and attack you even with the smallest army stacks

why dont make factions in diferent places.well interesting factions and why dont spread them and add more to playability and gameplay ?¡
    well its the decision of EB members.
    and i will be co0L and happy with whatever decision they make