Thread: units always greyed out?

Default units always greyed out?

Hi all,

Just downloaded SS6.1 and currently on my 98th Turn in game and i have always had units past the basic spearmen, peasents and archers greyed out so i cant recruit them (things like armoured spearmen, Mailed horse etc) I have read through alot of the topics and the RR guides etc but still cant figure it out.
    I have installed the Fix on Byg Grims page as i read somewhere that its a bug where there all greyed out but that still did not fix the problem.
    So any ideas or suggestion will be very much apprecated.

Thanks in advance

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: units always greyed out?

You need to have a member of your war council in the settlement to recruit some units. Read the tutorial in the first post of Byg's Grim Reality mod thread in the submods forum for details

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

@agodin

Also remember that you'll have to start a campaign after applying the BGR patch in order to pick up the changes. I could be misreading your post, but it sounds like you didn't.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

thanks for the reply, as i said i read through alot of posts trying to find the anwser and assumed for some reason my generals were not able to recruit some of the more adv units so moved my best general and my king to the settlements too see if they could recruit but had no luck with that either

few other things i have checked are the religon in question was at 97%

king had full knight rights.

the only thing i noticed on all my generals and king was in the trait i had one called Average recruit abilty

and i have restarted the campain twice now both with england so will try another now see if i have any better luck

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by agodin View Post
    thanks for the reply, as i said i read through alot of posts trying to find the anwser and assumed for some reason my generals were not able to recruit some of the more adv units so moved my best general and my king to the settlements too see if they could recruit but had no luck with that either

few other things i have checked are the religon in question was at 97%

king had full knight rights.

the only thing i noticed on all my generals and king was in the trait i had one called Average recruit abilty

and i have restarted the campain twice now both with england so will try another now see if i have any better luck
    Someone once put the updated file into the wrong folder, so that's a possibility. The data folder should go into mods/Stainless_Steel 6.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E