Thread: noble titles

Default noble titles

I think 1.0A and its patch already have the titles, I didn't download the file for noble titles and I've seen Count of Anjou, Duke of Burgundi with France and .. of Paris

explain?

Default Re: noble titles

They were integrated from another mod. I fixed a the code for some of the titles that were broken. Then Billy went mad and did what I'd only been dreaming of. Created Faction Specific titles that are different depending on which faction you control. Awesome job.

okay thanx to know, yes, banners and titles are very important to know about each region, cause each are different, and they don't really show in the original, they made it to simple

Yeah, and some of them really lack for historicity...
    La Garde recule.

HamsterofDoom's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Pope_Fred_I View Post
    Yeah, and some of them really lack for historicity...

Well, the Mod's creator just put out a request for any help he can get. I am sure he would appreciate if someone with a lot of knowledge of noble titles for particular provinces and the game's mechanics would assist him in making it perfect for the rest of us.

I modified the export_ancillaries,because the titles baron or granduc are very rarely.I prefere the reals and vernaculars names,not Storhertug of Firenze or Baron of Malta.Latins titles are forgotten.The officials and episcolars linguages are the latin,the greek,the farsis,the arab,but the locals linguages coexist or are favorized(latin dialects,berber,altaics dialects,scandinaves,turk,caucasians......)

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@Prince Vinc

what titles would you like? I have been considering releasing another version with latin titles for the christians and arab/turkish titles for the muslims. I like the faction specific titles but it takes a massive amount of work to update/change all bonusess etc.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    @Prince Vinc

what titles would you like? I have been considering releasing another version with latin titles for the christians and arab/turkish titles for the muslims. I like the faction specific titles but it takes a massive amount of work to update/change all bonusess etc.
    BD- Let me know if you want/need any help revising these...I'd be more than happy to help lend some historical expertise..
    La Garde recule.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@Pope_Fred_I

Thanx, I was thinking about a standard set of titles.
    Catholic: Latin titles
    Muslim: Arabic/Turkish titles
    Orthodox: ??? Greeks and Novgordians can't have same titles, right? So Latin here aswell?

Of course, what is really needed are interesting descriptions for each region.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

yes Billy,Anatolia's Seldjuks:oghuz dialect
    Great Seldjuks:farsis(iranien)
    Aragon:Catalan

I understand the difficulty of the modding,but the titles are very various by locality.For that Venice can't have Duke or baron,she have Procuratorii(civils administrators,judges),Provveditorii(masters of militias).Idem,the Denmark is rule in party by his archbishops not by a "Storhertug".The nobles and aristocratics clans in balkans and far east choosen a non-hereditary chief(Ban,Voivode,Posdanik.....).The king of Sicily give the governor's offices to Grecs and Arabics peoples in Sicily and conquest area,but in South Italia he must give fiefs and feudal office to the western aristocraty.The titles system is a endless labor...........isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    @Pope_Fred_I

Thanx, I was thinking about a standard set of titles.
    Catholic: Latin titles
    Muslim: Arabic/Turkish titles
    Orthodox: ??? Greeks and Novgordians can't have same titles, right? So Latin here aswell?

Of course, what is really needed are interesting descriptions for each region.
    PM me or hit me up on IM and we can talk about it...
    La Garde recule.