Thread: Difficulty Differences?

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Default Difficulty Differences?

This mod is great. I have been reading the AAR and see most play on H/H or VH/VH. I am on my first campaign with EoD 1 and am playing M/M as I was not sure what to expect with this mod. On M/M will I still see some big stacks roaming around and a powerful Satanaee?

Thanks!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Difficulty Differences?

Hmm, probably less stacks, but yeh the Satanae should still dominate, you have more time to build your factions forces than with EODII, well unless you play as Islam or the Satanae who are on each others doorsteps, though I did manage to hold an alliance playing as both factions. This mod really does play out in two sections, even if you beat back the Satanae early on they will regroup and by that time the other factions tend to also become aggressive, especially the Germanicae and the Hispanics..

Have fun..

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

thanks for the reply! in terms of Vanilla RTW, would your mod be more challenging. So far it seems the AI moves alot more aggressively! lots of fun!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

It should be more aggressive than vanilla yeh, you'll notice less brigands roaming around and hardly any pirate ships, both of these factors give the factions more freedom to expand tactically..Full stack sea invasions isn't uncommon...

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Yeah, I had three stacks of general-led Satanae land on Crete once! Thank god for pikemen.