Thread: Administrative cities and capitals

Default Administrative cities and capitals

I have a question regarding making a city administrative and military.Does the building for making a city economic only apply to capitals..meaning if I make any other city other then a capital economic,like for an example,Carthage economic using the building improvement.What will it do?
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Default Re: Administrative cities and capitals

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator of rome View Post
    I have a question regarding making a city administrative and military.Does the building for making a city economic only apply to capitals..meaning if I make any other city other then a capital economic,like for an example,Carthage economic using the building improvement.What will it do?
    Imperator of rome..I posted this from the user guide. Any questions I'll gladly explain them further

4. What are the different cities functions.
    a. The military city: these cities produce the highest upgrades for a factions army. Also most of the time these cities produce the finest armour and weapons. A war harbour can be built at this city. The iron resource icon represents this city as a military site.
    b. The economic city: theses cites produce the highest upgrades for a factions economy. Also they have a two tier forts that allow them to recruit foederati and mercenary troops. A commerce harbor can be built at this city. No iron icon resource means it is an economic city.
    c. The capital city: these cities produce the highest upgrades for a factions army and economy Also trading merchandise is enhanced bringing in more revenue compared to other cities. A war harbor or a commerce harbor can be built: includes the choice between the commercial port and the war harbor as its fully upgraded port. This city is always represented by the iron and the grain resource.

How to change military cities to economic cities and vice versa:
    For Economic city:
    Treasury building: needed to build upper tier economic buildings in a military city
    For Military city:
    logistica Engineering building
    logistica logistics building: needed to build upper tier military buildings in an economic city
    logistica Engineer Corps building.

c. The capital city: these cities will always produce the highest upgrades for a factions army and economy..a factions bread and butter to say the least

Last edited by Riothamus; July 25, 2008 at 09:12 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    4. What are the different cities functions.
    a. The military city: these cities produce the highest upgrades for a factions army. Also most of the time these cities produce the finest armour and weapons. A war harbour can be built at this city. The iron resource icon represents this city as a military site.
    b. The economic city: theses cites produce the highest upgrades for a factions economy. Also they have a two tier forts that allow them to recruit foederati and mercenary troops. A commerce harbor can be built at this city. No iron icon resource means it is an economic city.
    c. The capital city: these cities produce the highest upgrades for a factions army and economy Also trading merchandise is enhanced bringing in more revenue compared to other cities. A war harbor or a commerce harbor can be built: includes the choice between the commercial port and the war harbor as its fully upgraded port. This city is always represented by the iron and the grain resource.

How to change military cities to economic cities and vice versa:
    For Economic city:
    Treasury building: needed to build upper tier economic buildings in a military city
    For Military city:
    logistica Engineering building
    logistica logistics building: needed to build upper tier military buildings in an economic city
    logistica Engineer Corps building.

c. The capital city: these cities will always produce the highest upgrades for a factions army and economy

Thank you,sorry for my ignorance=/.I should of read the read me more extensively.

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748

Thank you,sorry for my ignorance=/.I should of read the read me more extensively.
    No worries...It can be very complicated...don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    No worries...It can be very complicated...don't mind
    I just got confused with the usage of Capital city which could mean two things.
    1.Famous cities like Carthage,Roma,Ravenna
    2.Just the capital in Bi
    I now understand it is option 2.

I just got confused with the usage of Capital city which could mean two things.
    1.Famous cities like Carthage,Roma,Ravenna
    2.Just the capital in Bi
    I now understand it is option 2.
    Just to add a bit here. Certain capitals do flourish more than others. Carthage will have more grain production than Ravenna
    Burdigala you will find a huge production of wine, Constantinople you will find probably the biggest economic capital city. In this regard you will find differences and even one capital economically superior over another