Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am translating to english as we speak.

Default I am translating to english as we speak.

Hi, i recently installed Casus belli on a whim because i heard it has great skins amongst other things, and i wasnt dissapointed, And as i cant speak italian AT ALL i was dissapointed, though i had an idea that struck me. I am going to Translate it all every text and unit names for all the people who wish it so,i have only started today and i have done about 85% so far and i expect it to be done in a day or 2

As you can expect using a Translator is hard, so for the words it doesnt recognize i will be referring to the original Vanilla game for the words, i asked davide before i set out. i will post pictures in a few hours.

So yeah it will be a few days then we can enjoy it in english, with any luck it could be tommorow or even tonight, as im going at a great pace, though im going to hit a stump on the unit names, as that will be a long process.

Btw if anyone wants to create some Descriptions for the factions it would be helpful, as i would just be using the Vanilla ones if i cant make any good ones, because im not much of an historian.

Regards

Martin N

Edit - 6 hours in - I have now done Ancillies, Quotes, Tooltips, Rebel names, Faction Names, Events, Historic Events, Menus, Options, Diplomacy Texts, Senate Missions, Battle Events, and Battle Texts, Traits Now Done Woop! Shared and strat files done now, its basically done except the hardest 2, Unit and building Description LOL i am so screwed

Left -
    Building Names
    Campaign Descriptions
    Unit Descriptions
    Unit Names

And then thats about it then ill test it and upload

Pictures 6 hours in :

Menu

Campaign Map

Battle - note unit names not done yet

Last edited by Martin N; July 24, 2008 at 08:05 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: I am translating to english as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Hi, i recently installed Casus belli on a whim because i heard it has great skins amongst other things, and i wasnt dissapointed, And as i cant speak italian AT ALL i was dissapointed, though i had an idea that struck me. I am going to Translate it all every text and unit names for all the people who wish it so,i have only started today and i have done about 85% so far and i expect it to be done in a day or 2

As you can expect using a Translator is hard, so for the words it doesnt recognize i will be referring to the original Vanilla game for the words, i asked davide before i set out. i will post pictures in a few hours.

So yeah it will be a few days then we can enjoy it in english, with any luck it could be tommorow or even tonight, as im going at a great pace, though im going to hit a stump on the unit names, as that will be a long process.

Btw if anyone wants to create some Descriptions for the factions it would be helpful, as i would just be using the Vanilla ones if i cant make any good ones, because im not much of an historian.

Regards

Martin N

Edit - 6 hours in - I have now done Ancillies, Quotes, Tooltips, Rebel names, Faction Names, Events, Historic Events, Menus, Options, Diplomacy Texts, Senate Missions, Battle Events, and Battle Texts, Traits Now Done Woop! Shared and strat files done now, its basically done except the hardest 2, Unit and building Description LOL i am so screwed

Left -
    Building Names
    Campaign Descriptions
    Unit Descriptions
    Unit Names

And then thats about it then ill test it and upload

Pictures 6 hours in :

Menu

Campaign Map

Battle - note unit names not done yet

That is quite impressive indeed good luck with the rest of it

just a suggestion.. leave the name of roman factions like they were.. gens iulia, cornelia, valeria aren't in italian, they are in latin

i see, i will change then. its only a 5 seconds job

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

i see, i will change then. its only a 5 seconds job
    by the way you are making a good job and I hope CASUS BELLI will be better appreciated by non italian players

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

any idea when this mod will be translated? non italian player waiting to play ! lol

was the language update ever released?

very nice work Martin N!!! rep for you

im still waiting for a translating version! as native german, my italian isnt so good. looking foward test this nice looking modification!
    The night was so black, as we planned to attack!

2D Artwork - Coder

great now caus belli will be more famous

what about the translation? how is it going?
    its nice to have the opportunitiy to learn a little bit italian (with little skills in Latin you actually understand most of the texts), but the mod would be even more fun, if you could understand everything completely!

Yeah i think this version would be great indeed if translated since it would be released here and get loads of people involved even more again

any updates Martin?

To be honest, i did hit a snag which i didnt find what it was, i completed the translation except like the unit description, i tested it to find a error which i was looking into, But i could never figure out.

Also my dad downgraded to xp from vista, in doing so he reformatted my whole machine, i could do it again, it doesnt take long, i did that in just about overnight, but like i said i hit the error. ill explain the process i did incase you wanna do it yourself.

2 copies of rome total war, ie "Vanilla" and "Casus belli".

Basically you wanna open both the casus text folder and the vanilla text folder. Most files are like basically the vanilla files changed into italian, so you dont have to translate it, so you can just copy and paste the whole of vanilla into the casus one, ie English. Other files are not direct translation, like the traits, that is the file that took me forever, i had to go down every one and write it in and use a translator online, or a dictionary from italian - english.

I will obviously start this again, I ordered a new rome disc as my old ones are the old 3-5 disc one, and i hated patching it up every time i installed it, so i bought the one that patches straight to 1.5, So yeh i start again in a day or two, i bought it off amazon.

Once again i apologize for not getting back, i havnt really been on this site in a while, and i couldent fix the error, i think i know what i did wrong now. So yeah, hopefully i can do it this time, its not a very hard Thing to do.

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

To be honest, i did hit a snag which i didnt find what it was, i completed the translation except like the unit description, i tested it to find a error which i was looking into, But i could never figure out.

Also my dad downgraded to xp from vista, in doing so he reformatted my whole machine, i could do it again, it doesnt take long, i did that in just about overnight, but like i said i hit the error. ill explain the process i did incase you wanna do it yourself.

2 copies of rome total war, ie "Vanilla" and "Casus belli".

Basically you wanna open both the casus text folder and the vanilla text folder. Most files are like basically the vanilla files changed into italian, so you dont have to translate it, so you can just copy and paste the whole of vanilla into the casus one, ie English. Other files are not direct translation, like the traits, that is the file that took me forever, i had to go down every one and write it in and use a translator online, or a dictionary from italian - english.

I will obviously start this again, I ordered a new rome disc as my old ones are the old 3-5 disc one, and i hated patching it up every time i installed it, so i bought the one that patches straight to 1.5, So yeh i start again in a day or two, i bought it off amazon.

Once again i apologize for not getting back, i havnt really been on this site in a while, and i couldent fix the error, i think i know what i did wrong now. So yeah, hopefully i can do it this time, its not a very hard Thing to do.
    It is alright and no worries atleast your putting alot of effort into for us cheers. Rep + keep it up and good work indeed

damit cant enybody translate this?????

Juba1's Avatar Tiro

mmm, this mod is dead, i think CBteam members are working on others project, so who will keep translating a non finished mod ?

Somebody translate this mod?

It's pointless to try to resurrect a dead mod.....
    Just take what you can from this and reuse at your discretion.

is htat so fricking hard too adlest translate the missions from the senate !!!!!! :/ and campain skripts :/

I know, this mod i believe is really great except its in italian and that not good for non speakers :/

Since the new CB links have been posted, I figured that I'll start translating the CB mod into English (possibly with the help of Martin N). I and or we will try to have it done as soon time permits.
    Last edited by Oberbefehlshaber; September 21, 2009 at 07:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast