Thread: ERE: The Greatest Battles

Daeger's Avatar Semisalis

Default ERE: The Greatest Battles

Hello. So umm.. Im going to report about some battles that Im going to fight in my current campaign, I've had so many awesome battles with this mod so I just have to write something. This shall be the thread of my greatest battles.... EVARRR

I actually fought propably the best battle I've fought in a TW-game ever just a couple hours ago. I faced 2 full stacks and 2 minor stacks from Abbasid Caliphate with my 2 full stacks. I was trying to take over one castle with tons of elite troops etc. in it, so I planned to just wait till they'd sally since I didn't want to lose too much men because I was kinda overwhelmed by the Abbasid Caliphate's armies.

The Abbasid Caliphate moved 3 stacks next to my sieging army so I moved one full stack to support them if they attack, after 2 turns they did attack and so.. 2 huge armies clashed. Abbasid Caliphate's army consisted of almost 6000 men, they had lots of experienced minor units like arabian swordsmen and other light infantry, one stack had some elite units.

My Eastern Roman army constisted of 2 stacks and 4335 men total. I had lots of archers and light spearmen so I decided to set my defences on a hilltop where my reinforcements were supposed to join the battle. After I had set everything, the battle starts.

The Abbasid Caliphate assaulted my ranks with 4 armies, 1 came from the front, 1 assaulted my left flank and 2 attacked my right flank.
    It felt like I was fighting 3 battles in one map, there were so many people on the screen that it looked like a swarm of ants.

My right flank collapsed almost immediately, so I was forced to tighten up my troops, thankfully, my precious reinforments were behind me, supplying me with new troops every time a unit routed, so I could form a new line to the right flank.

After this, my battleline collapsed from the middle and the enemy cavalry charged thru, right at my archers. I lost 2 archer units to the cavalry. Thankfully, once again, my reinforcements saved the day and I got the battleline patched up. That cavalry assault against my archers was totally unexpected and I was suprised the ai could actually do that sneaky thing.

My left flank was holding it's ground well, I didn't have any problems there, especially after I got a cavalry unit behind the enemy and charged them, they routed immediately. Lots of corpses, blood and guts right there. >=)

So I finally got the enemies left flank to collapse and I started to flank the rest of their troops and so I ended up killing the enemy generals that didn't do much, the enemy kepts fighting. After I charged the enemy from behind I finally got them running.

This was totally exceptional battle to me, I've never fought such an intense battle. There was constantly something going on and I had to keep an eye on the enemy since it did use some totally new tactics, at least to me since this is my first BC campaign. Not only was this battle huge(about 11,000 men) but also.. EPIC O_O

I must thank the BC-team for making such an awesome mod and also GrandViz's UAI kicks ass, seriously. Great job!

Here are some extra screenies from this battles, shows the mayhem my archers caused. :hmmm:

Aren´t those screenies awesome. All that imaginery of death and destruction, bwahahahhaah, oh what a carnage..

Also, here's a cool pic from one other battle I fought before this one. It was nothing special, there was just.. lots of horses..

...and the horse carcasses and bodies form a mushroom shape, haahaa ain't that funny.. not.

I'll write more if I'll end up fighting more epic battles that blow my mind.

Edit: Uh.. one more thing, Im sorry for the low res screenshots, they're supposed to be 1680x1050 but apparently the M2TW changes the res when I take a screenie. Lowers the awesomeness factor of the screenies
    Last edited by Daeger; July 24, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

Default Re: ERE: The Greatest Battles

awsome and good win
    i wish my bc campaign was like that

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

sweet battle, for the glory of Rome or the ERE

hi , that battle that u won against 4 armies in nothing cause u had
    4435 men ,and enemy more or less 5000 men .it was a clear victory ,not victorious .
    go my page and see a really heroic vitory :
    my self with the mongol army about 1918 men i won vs 3 polish armies of 5146 ..wow thats really heroic

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

hmmmm someone has got a bit of a "mine's bigger than your's" thing goin on here

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

thats nothing i won a battle angist the abbisids and Gazi Sultanate very easly i had 876 men then had 6795 and most of them were the deadly ghulam slave cavalry and the archers that came with it my only really great units as the ERE were my kactoifactoi,my axemen and my light cavalry.

they had elephants, ghulams, persian cavalry, soughi warriors, emir guards, turkomans, heavy axemen, alot of heavy swordmen and heavy archers.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

it was at a mountian pass in Persia and it was raining. i had my cavalry in the rear, archers in the middle, light spearmen on the flanks light cavalry on the rear flanks, heavy swordmen and axemen in the center.

as the 2 armys aproched one after the other they began shooting arrows from there heavy horse archers. lucky the pass wasn't too big and my whole battle line and cover most of it. i sent my archers forward to make them charge as i dont want them shooting at me. they charged (abbisids)
    with there most dangous unit the Ghulam Heavy Lancers who unfortanly were headed striaght for my axeman the charge would surely break the line luckly the archers had not retreated far enough and osbored the charge taking only about 40 casulites. and then my elite axemen forced the Ghulams back with heavy losses. they regrouped and headed for my right flank with light spearmen the end unit took heavy losses out of the 60 men in the unit 16 survied the charge. and some of the Ghulams got through to the archers. mean while there heavy infantry colided with my infantry line non of them seemed to gain any ground other the other and sometimes the islamic lines broke back to only charge again. The Ghazi's had attacked the left flank but ther foolish general lead the charge and died and the hands of my light spearmen who took the charge pretty well killing most of the Ghazi Cavalry.
    The Heavy Gulams that had now made one archer unit flend the battle was quickly destoryed by my Cacipracht Cavalry. i sent my light cavalry to my left flank and destoryed the remaining Ghazi Cavalry but the Ghazi elephants had attacked my center and right flank completely destorying anther light spear unit on that flank and the Vargragians i used my heavy Cactipahct Cavalry and my meduim cavalry to charge the elephants killing all the ones on right flank in one charge then quickly headed for the other elephants the cavalry sweeping up the there infantry and eventually panicked the elephants to kill most of there own heavy infantry and and archers. i had then charged the cavalry for the left flank and destoryed the remaining abbisid cavalry including the general the no going back taking care of there heavy archers and the whole army was in rout i had onethe battlefield. i had 349 men remaining i had killed 2406 of them and captured 2322 of them. the abbisids had 789 remianing and the ghazi's had 1278 remaining the abbisid' killed 379 and captured 5 the ghazi's killed 140 and captured 3 I think i ow that battle to my light spearmen for holding the lines and my heavy cavalry for taking the battle home. this was done on the canpain map there generals sucked they were exteriminators of fellow muslims my general expectionaly brave with battle harded troops but this was pereric victory i had to abandon my conquest cause if they still had alot more men and accept the ramsom which was like 16004 florins along with 2 capured general's this money would fuel new troops to run ther demise.

deeply sorry for the spelling it isnt my 1st language

*Starts singing the I-don't-believe-you-without-a-screenshot-song*

*Starts singing the Wait-I-do-believe-you-now-that-I'm-reminded-of-the-superheroüberpowercavalrybodyguards-of-the-ERE-song*

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

yeah sorry no screens it wasnt that amazing i delt with bigger hordes of mass destruction who out do me in everyway expecpt the mind.

Don't mind the nay-sayers. You won a great battle and made a nice AAR of it. THAT's epic. I would not consider taking a screenshot the moment the battle start, since I'd be focussing too much on the mess that is going to develop.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Great AAR Deager, hop you post us another installments as well.

CHEERS
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar