Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bug Report for 3.3.3

Default Bug Report for 3.3.3

I could not find this in the omnibus thread. In the EDB, temple_of_law_temple costs 400 instead of 2000. Love the mod, I'm having a frustrating time as the Gauls.

Default Re: Bug Report for 3.3.3

The Gauls are a pretty weak faction in general. You don't have the economy to support your elite units and everything else is largely cannon fodder.

I'd only recommend Gaul for an experienced player of RTR and/or its sub mods. Since you're new at TWCenter, I'm not sure if you've played RTR or ExRM before. If you haven't, I'd recommend that you start out by playing a stronger faction to get a better feel for the changes in the game from vanilla RTW before trying a challenging faction.

Regardless, welcome and I hope you enjoy playing.

I haven`t checked your files, but in vanilla RTRPE I`ve just noticed that the following surnames for Pontus are mentioned twice in descr_names:
    Code:
    of Trapezus
    of Amastris
    of Comana
    of Ancyra
    Better check, because most likely you`ve inherited them from there. In descr_names_lookup and names they`re mentioned correctly only ones.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

JtM: Good bug catch! I just fixed it. As for the Gauls...yeah, they're pretty hard. Jamey's probably right about starting with someone a little easier.

Florin: Yep, you were right. I just fixed them. (and reorganized that section alphabetically while I was at it)
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Btw, to my surprise I realized the bactrians which use the thrace slot also use the old thracian names in vanilla RTRPE. This means the thracian leader is Sautes. There is not Diodotus! I recommend you make a new list of bactrian names or at least copy the list of the greek cities for them in descr_names and add Diodotus too(it`s in there, the seleucids use it).

EDIT: in descr_names_lookup and in names of_Apollonia is listed twice. We`d really need to find a tool to automatically verify the names in RTRPE. I have a feeling some of the errorless CTD are name caused.
    Last edited by florin80; July 30, 2008 at 11:25 AM.

Son of a gun! I don't believe that. Ok, I've fixed Bactria as well as the names you pointed out.

A name validator would be pretty sweet.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Skunxa is mentioned twice in descr_names for scythia. Also, if you`ve changed the bactrian names to greek ones don`t forget to change the names of the guys from descr_strat with ones that are currently in descr_names for the faction.

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

not a bug as such, perhaps more of an imbalance. The last three campaigns i played (pontus, seleucids, greeks) i noticed that the macedonians train a rather imbalanced amount of peltasts (not thureperoi, or waddayacall'em), as good as 50% of units in their stacks. Full stacks mostly only have one or two pink phalanxes.
    On a different note: those phalanxes fall like flies to bow & arrow, whereas the peltasts and thurepepoioei wear batman suits under their classic dress and as such are invulnerable to arrows.

i used to concentrate my arrow volleys on the javelin throwers, to kill them before they reach my lines; but now six units are not able to kill even half of two peltast units. If I use them on the phalanxes though, six archer units easily kill two units before the even get close.

tell me if it's supposed to be like this, then it's okay, just a change of tactic then ...

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    A name validator would be pretty sweet.
    Ask and ye shall receive. This is fairly easy to do.

Skunxa = fixed
    Thanks!

I did remember the names in descr_strat. I need to test them to see if I did it right, though.

Name validator? Wow, that would be a really useful tool for the whole community!

Delvecchio: I may have the Mac stack problem whipped now. We'll see how the changes play out. As for the phalanxes, I'm going to start a separate thread on that. It's something that's been bugging me, too.

guys, going advanced!

Admittedly I might have been a bit enthusiastic with the Cava tonight, so forgive me for any inaccuracies. In attachment a screenshot with naval trade routes starting from nowhere. I'm playing a macedonian campain, just conquered tylis, which doesn't have a port, or a harbour, or something like that; still it has naval trade routes leaving from a prime piece of beach. is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Delvecchio1975 View Post
    guys, going advanced!

Admittedly I might have been a bit enthusiastic with the Cava tonight, so forgive me for any inaccuracies. In attachment a screenshot with naval trade routes starting from nowhere. I'm playing a macedonian campain, just conquered tylis, which doesn't have a port, or a harbour, or something like that; still it has naval trade routes leaving from a prime piece of beach. is that normal?
    This is a known issue. Technically, those are trade routes coming into Tylis. If you check the trade scroll, Tylis has no outgoing naval trade because it has no port building. It can't build the port building because the game doesn't think it has a port.

Quinn can say more on why this is. I know he looked into it a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamey View Post
    This is a known issue. Technically, those are trade routes coming into Tylis. If you check the trade scroll, Tylis has no outgoing naval trade because it has no port building. It can't build the port building because the game doesn't think it has a port.

Quinn can say more on why this is. I know he looked into it a while ago.
    cool. it's not as if it's a problem or anything.

i just thought .... no, not really ... i'm just very sleepy. i might have something more useful to say when i wake up in a couple of hours.

g'night.

I think I've fixed that, but I'm not positive. It's really bizarre.

I don't know if this is a bug or simply a mod decision, but there apparently isn't any music in the menu or custom battle (haven't tried the campaign yet, but I'm thinking it's not there either)
    "Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." ---Pericles

Oh, and I also had this strange recruitment cost in Athens:

http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rtrbugia0.png

$33652 for a unit of peltasts?!?!!
    "Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." ---Pericles

ctd revolt unit:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112696
    You should get it in all your cities.

Sorry about the music. You can fix that by copying the vanilla descr_sounds_music.txt into your ExRM folder. That'll be fixed in the next version.

has anyone seen the "war declared on ally" error yet? this message gets completedly screwed up in mine, with an irrelevant text showing that doesn't fit the message scroll. At the bottom it still says "by: Ptolemies", so i thought it was the Ptolemies doing the attacking, so i thought i'd stay on their side, and click "yes" (because it's normally "do you want to stay on the side of the warlike attackers" or something similar), but then the next message says "alliance in tatters: Delvecchio/Ptolemies"; so I need to reverse that train of thought now. Detail: it happens to ALL my war declared on ally messages, in any campaign i play. next time it happens i'll post a screenie.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvecchio1975 View Post
    has anyone seen the "war declared on ally" error yet? this message gets completedly screwed up in mine, with an irrelevant text showing that doesn't fit the message scroll. At the bottom it still says "by: Ptolemies", so i thought it was the Ptolemies doing the attacking, so i thought i'd stay on their side, and click "yes" (because it's normally "do you want to stay on the side of the warlike attackers" or something similar), but then the next message says "alliance in tatters: Delvecchio/Ptolemies"; so I need to reverse that train of thought now. Detail: it happens to ALL my war declared on ally messages, in any campaign i play. next time it happens i'll post a screenie.
    There's a fix for that in the omnibus thread somewhere. It involves reverting one of the text files to a backup.

Incidentally, since I made that change, I haven't seen a single messed up string in the game. Whatever caused the scrambling involves the changes in that file.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast