Thread: SCRIPT ISSUE Iberia Total War Gold Edition (version 1.0)

Default SCRIPT ISSUE Iberia Total War Gold Edition (version 1.0)

Hi all! In my first game, script worked fine. By the way when I pressed on F1, game controls window came on and not advisor portrait as advertised. Moreover, is “portrait” in the game's script misspelled or am I just ignorant American and there is actually “Portrair”? It workes either way for me as long as it is the same thing. After I took Sagmantum, I was rewarded with some gold. Then message said hold on to Sagmantum or it will be the sign of weakness. After that I saved the game. When reloaded I pressed on “show me how” but no scripts worked since then. I pressed many numerous turns to see if new script message will come on and no new scripts ever came on. I erased all the games and started from new provincial game again. The script does not work. Can we post detailed instructions to make script work in sticky messages? According to the message when game starts I am supposed to click on portrait and then click on “show me how”. This is the only message I get now. After this script, I clicked many turns and no new scripts. In addition, if I click on portrait, it will go away. I put on “no advice” as directed on some of the posts. Please help me!

By the way, I did not install sound download because link for “file planet” does not work. I heard other people had a problem with it too.

I followed instructions for ITW 1.5. I assumed they are the same for the gold edition. They are below from “monkwarrior”. I assume “(advisor_verbosity = 0)” means select in game options “no advise” and I do not need to edit my files.

I'd like you post in this thread your doubts and findings about the possible strategies in the different campaigns of ITW 1.5.

CAMPAIGNS

The four provincial campaigns are designed to be played with the corresponding scripts. Thus, don't forget to press F1 at the beginning of the campaign and also when a saved campaign is reloaded.
    Click on the advisor portrait and then in the "show me" button.
    You must play with "no advice" option (advisor_verbosity = 0) just to prevent that any unscripted advice masks the scripted ones.

At the beginning of the first turn (the starting turn is zero) you will receive a message with your first mission.
    Once the mission is accomplished, you will receive a message and probably a reward, either at the moment or at the beginning of the next turn.
    Then, at the beginning of the next turn, you will receive the message with the new mission. Depending on the campaign, perhaps you will have several missions at the same time.
    When reloaded a saved campaign, you will receive also a message to remind your next mission.

My advice is to save the campaign once the message of the next mission is seen. Saving once the mission has been acomplished but before the message has come may produce some strange effects with the incoming messages once the campaign reloaded.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53981
    Last edited by mrspanky; July 23, 2008 at 11:37 AM.

Default Re: SCRIPT ISSUE Iberia Total War Gold Edition (version 1.0)

Mm if u load game script dont serve, it is rome problem. when u want load game, quit rome and enter and load campaing. then F1 for active script.

Monkwarrior can say it better to u, but i think he is of holidays,

Un saludo

Yeahaaa! I finally solved my issue. After using method of scientific pick, I resolved my issue. Gentleman above gave me the idea. Below are instructions:

For reloaded the game:

1. After you reloaded saved PROVINCIAL campaign, software will take you to the screen. There should be no portrait on the screen. First thing you do is press F1. That will bring up the controls for the game and you should see no portrait.
    2. Without closing the controls window, left click on the city ONCE. That will bring up the portrait. “Show me how” button will be grayed out.
    3. Left click on the portrait. Grayed out “Show me how” button will become alive.
    4. Left click on “Show me how” button. The mission will be in the text.

NOTE

In order to reload the game with scripts, you must exit software to the desktop and restart the game.

Follow the link for additional useful info Monkwarrior gave us.

This is one awesome MOD. I played them all but in this MOD new battle rules really force you to implement new strategies and techniques. This is why this MOD is so revolutionary new and stands out from the rest. Always, play on the hardest level

If you have two missions and you reload the game, is the script will function properly once the game is reloaded?