Thread: Monetary System Idea

Default Monetary System Idea

I understand it has probably been attempted before, at least in YATS(which I have heard about, but did not take part in). I understand you may have mentioned it or attempted it before, but I believe that this RP, being done through Feudal system and whatnot, could really use a good monetary system.

I just can't see a lowly freedman farmer building an epic castle complex or fortress worthy of a Duke or Prince. Where does the money come from?

I hate having to bring this up, but this RP is somewhat really plain at the moment. There isn't much of a technical base to this aside from the fact that it is run as a meritocracy, which is a good thing. I just think that people in the RP should be restricted from overindulging with money flow. Where does a farmer get 25,000 pounds of silver for a castle? (random number and very inaccurate, just to get the point across). I understand a high ranking knight, royal family, etc can afford it, but even then, it certainly isn't cheap. We just started the RP, so as was to pertain to my other thread of RP Historical Accuracy which I am for, but maybe not all might be, we need to straighten things out. It's all over the place right now. It may not be my place to say that, but can anyone disagree with it?

Anyways, back on subject, I would love to organize a meeting time in the future for developing a monetary system. If we get enough people brainstorming, I think we can develop at least a basic, simple monetary system, not necessarily going in depth for now. If anyone is interested, please PM me and add me to XFIRE, my ID is 1162. I think we can all benefit from this in the RPG. Don't hesitate to participate, the more, the better. Just please start brainstorming ideas now, before the meeting if your interested in coming. Or present your own monetary system.

Hope to see some interest in this.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Default Re: Monetary System Idea

This is a great idea! I shall support you, and help you pass reforms, any way I can.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

I've already began planning it out, once I finish the current task I am working on as a preliminary for the idea, I shall share it at the meeting.

BTW, anyone who doesnt have xfire, download it for free @ http://www.xfire.com/. It's free, so don't worry. It's a chatclient so not to be busy with PMs and Thread replies all day, its like AOL or MSN messengers. It's a worthy tool to get. (Plus it is designed for gaming).

If you can do this then please go ahead. Its pretty complicated though.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Ya, as I started thinking more about it, it was becoming quite troublesome at some parts, but I have done alright so far, so I'm going to keep trying.