Thread: Westeros:Total War in other languages

Dragón dorado's Avatar Laetus

Default Westeros:Total War in other languages

Hi,my friends.I´m DragÓn dorado(Golden dragon) and i´m from Spain.This Mod is a great illusion for me and I´m sure that I will have a good time.
    But there are a problem.I´m spanish and y speak English(more or less) but I will have my greates time if the mod there are in spanish.
    How I translate the game?
    PD:Sorry for the inconvenience
    PPD:VIVA PONIENTE, RA RA RA,LOS sTARK GANARÁN

Default Re: Westeros:Total War in other languages

The text descriptions are very simple to change. The related files are all in the Text folder(duh) and you only need to change the stuff behind the brackets.

eg: {ENGLISH_GENERAL}English General => {ENGLISH_GENERAL}Lannister General

You can also find many text tutorials on this forum. By the way, did you go see GRRM? I hear he was at your country a while ago.

Say you that if I do it, the game will be in spanish?:hmmm:
    Yes,he has been in Spain but I didn´t go because I can´t.

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

You Spanish.....tsk tsk....If I wanted to play only Greek speaking games, I wouldn't play at all.
    And I will never forgive you for seeing Star Wars: The Phantom Menace in Spanish on my stay there. Horrible!!!
    Stop translating movies.

(Kidding)

Yes.All of us will like play in our languages if we can.We would translate in our languages,no?:hmmm:

Yeah Dragon, just translate the text behind the bracket.

{ENGLISH_GENERAL}English General => {ENGLISH_GENERAL} put spanish translation here

BTW I think some Chinese folks seem interested in translating this mod as well. You guys should stop lurking!

Ah, I think he wants to be able to play the game in Spanish without translating it himself. Sort of a "Will the game be available in Spanish?" question, to which the answer is effectively, no. None of our mod team speaks Spanish, and even if we did it would be a massive undertaking translating every single thing we're writing. I mean, just what I have already done for the flavour text in the game amounts to over 5000 words, and there's far, far more to do than that.

So, if you want to be able to play the game in your own language, you'll need to be translate it on your own initiative (I should imagine that Gampie would be willing to allow such translations, although I have seen people disallow fan-made translations for one reason or another). Just understand that we have several people working on the text for the game, and you would likely need a decently large team to handle the sheer amount of in-game text. At least 3 or 4 people, if you want to get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

By detecting the way the game is not suited to own language or something like that?
    In other mods is similar