Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: development thread

Default development thread

development thread [public info and files here]

this is for mod specific texts that will be used in game. you can use it to post text files, skins and models, maps or anything you feel we may find useful.

use the 'manage attachments' option when you post for sharing files, text or pics and zip etc.

remember to credit your sources.

edit: here is the medusa model that needs fixing...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kfsx4e
    Last edited by Amorphos; November 13, 2008 at 03:55 PM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Default Re: development thread

here are some notes taken from pm’s with solo [my text only], i thought it may prove useful for discussion and perhaps you may have some ideas about such things.

this concerns using an onagers missile as the basis for one of our own.

“we can make the boulder model into a demons face if you want as there will be no onagers. its in the models missile folder here:
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\MYTH\Data\models_missile”

i’ll give the winged fell beast the giant skeleton, i may do different sized giant skeletons as yet. at the moment we have 3X scale size for calibos, medusa and similars, or a 1.5X scale for minotaurs ~ the unwinged fells could use those skeletons. i think i will need a bigger skeleton for cyclops’s and talos.

so how do you feel about giants? we can make them up to 9X normal [where normal is 1] but the anims suck at that hight because they are meant for units of the same size. i will try to find someone who is good with anims, if you know anyone pm them for me please.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Indefinitely Banned

i will star changing your factions name's today or tomorrow if you want, but first i will need some victory messages for each faction

SM

great!

just use vanilla rtw ones to start with and rename them fromthe factions list...

i am making the beta version of the mod up tomorrow. i’ll post the link in the non public dev forum. i know some factions arent decided yet but i’ll update the factions thread tomorrow too.

thanks

general note; to join the no public forum see the op of the recruitment thread for details. or you can just e-mail me.

Indefinitely Banned

ok i will start on the names tomorrow
    i have sent it.

nice one!

you have been approved as a team member.

I downloaded the trial of 3dsMax and made some female units that I thought you might want to use for this mod. Tell me what you think. Unfortunately the alpha channel is a bit messed up, so if anyone could fix it that would be great.

Also, I think it would be really great if you all could do fire-breathing dragons. The Blue Lotus team created an amazing dragon model, and if you put the primary weapon in its mouth, make it invisible with the alpha channel, and then create a short-range flaming projectile it could be very realistic.
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; January 28, 2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Make America great again!

thanks beren i have downloaded them and i’ll see what i can do with the transparency. can you upload the blue lotus ‘dragon’ model and skin please, i couldnt download the mod. i’ll see if i can make it into something that looks very different to theirs. can you put the primary weapon in its mouth for me and i’ll do the rest. it would be really great if you could!

at last, something to cheer me up!

Unfortunately my 3dsmax trial expired (and I think I've used all the versions). I had tried to put a primary weapon in its mouth, but I don't really have the knowledge or skill with 3dsmax to actually do it--although I do know in theory how it ought to work. Any mesh--even a simple sphere or a single triangle--ought to work fine, as long as it's attached to the correct bone. It's going to be invisible anyway. I've uploaded the original dragon model and skin.
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; June 02, 2009 at 11:31 AM.

great stuff beren, i can use some of the females for the celtic mythological race; the fae ~ i was just wondering what models to use!

why don’t you come and join the team! just go to the recruitment thread and follow instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    great stuff beren, i can use some of the females for the celtic mythological race; the fae ~ i was just wondering what models to use!

why don’t you come and join the team! just go to the recruitment thread and follow instructions.
    I'd be glad to join the team! I won't be able to do any more modeling, but if there are other ways I can help, I will.

cool, don’t worry you have already contributed, mainly it is just good to have people around to discuss ideas n stuff. you wont believe how much has been done, there is a beta available and it has 250 skins in. i am now up to 300 skins and counting.

Th Medusa fix

And the download link
    http://rapidshare.com/files/167202924/medusa.rar.html
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; November 25, 2008 at 04:41 AM.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Thanks a lot for your help Niko. they look awesome!
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

yeah thanks for your help, thats awesome, solo said something about the face shows from different angles? i'll get it up and running and see.

good work!

i didnt know she was an archer i'll have to see what tricks i can pull with new missiles.
    Last edited by Amorphos; November 25, 2008 at 04:54 PM.

Thanx to all..

To all people who want to know what's going on with Myth:TW .. We have pretty much all units done (except UI cards) , and i got the map to work , so we can start on making an atlantis map I don't think it will be easy though , so it might take quite some time .. Unfortunately (or not) , the team is now working full-time on STW_III , as it's almost done .. but after that , we (or i , since only the map needs to be done ) might work on Myth-TW

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

we will work for mythology but sparta is the priority right now. when we will have the mythology map ready, we can start beta testing it
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

well we can beta test it now ~ theo has sorted the coding problem! [see in dev forum].

theo; for the map maybe you can just make the existing look anient rather than make a new map? i mean change the coastlines according to the herodotus map?

Or i'll just use the map like for instance the one in RTW:Alexander (but bigger ) ? And maybe enlarge Rhodes/Cyprus so it looks like Atlantis ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast