Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RECRUITMENT THREAD

Default RECRUITMENT THREAD

RECRUITMENT THREAD

this mod is very much a community project, if you want to join the myth_tw team just ask here, no need to fill out forms etc.

benefits

*you can show off by doing great things, your entry into elysium will be guaranteed.

*all team members will get beta versions months before first release.

*some team members will get the current playable version. the mod is already modfoldered and at each stage of development works [i hope lols].

*you get to watch your work come to life as the ancient mythological world unfolds before us.

*you get to wear these

we need:

experienced modders in any capacity! mainly to help with the challenges that will ensue as we progress, this mod could be a showcase for your skills. you may add units or anything else too of course.

any one in any capacity who is willing to help, mainly we need text file editors and skinners. we also need artists to change the more subtle aspects of the game esp the interface + researchers to find art and info!

we can help if you want to learn an area of modding.

thank you!

______________message for gaining full membership________________________________

instructions for team to become full members

team members access; go to “Group Memberships” in your UserCP, scroll down the list until you find the “Developer: Mythology Total War” usergroup, click on the “join group” bubble next to it, and click on the “Join Group” button at the bottom to apply.

i will then be able to give/deny access to your Dev sub-forum.

its a bit like friend requests.
    Last edited by Amorphos; July 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: RECRUITMENT THREAD

Can you sign me up?
    I can do some traitng as well as quotes when I have time.

sure thing, you are now a myth_tw coder.

we’ll discuss traits soon, when you get time post some ideas on the dev thread.

thanks legio
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Indefinitely Banned

i can do anything except art work congrats on forum
    EDIT: i have also a trial of 3dsmax but i can't the cas importer/ exporter to work atm

i can do anything except art work
    thats ok i like doing the artwork, e.g. i have already done all the loading screens, i’ll post them soon.

ok so what would you like to do...

we need people who can work with the interface
    change the senate txt
    faction name changing
    region name changing
    scripting
    implement units

or anything you like really.

i'll pm you about 3dsmax

Indefinitely Banned

cool i can do all that. but don't how to mess with the senate.txt but i can learn
    this is the 3rd mod i am working with Legio caesar

that would be awesome, i’ll add you to the list of coders
    don’t worry about the senate as it will be much later on. i got a tutorial for it somewhere but we can work on that later.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Sign me up part-time; I can...

- check any code or help out with coding
    - call on my vast array of assembled models
    - cal on my small library of mythology books

And do most stuff other than graphics and scripting really (I can kinda skin but badly and I can make ingame videos, that's it).
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    faction name changing
    region name changing
    implement units

I can help with these if you like, I can't do much else to help becuase i'm getting pretty buisy.

jubal barca

i will be more than glad for your help please read the instructions for becoming full team members on the edited opening post.

i’ll add your name to the list.

would you be interested in implementing units? this would just be the text files. if so i would send you models and skins and tips on how i implement them. obviously you will get the current mod beta version to work from.

or any other capacity?

A.P

starvin marvin and legio caesar are doing the faction name changing.

how about character names, can you change them? we just need a few new ones e.g. jason.

or anything elseyou can think of

oops i forgot that i got to accept your memberships lols

all done now ~ you should be able to access the team dev forums

A.P

starvin marvin and legio caesar are doing the faction name changing.

how about character names, can you change them? we just need a few new ones e.g. jason.

or anything elseyou can think of
    Sure. I can also make units too if you like.
    Here's a example -

A.P

wow yes, make units!!!!!!!!

i can’t think what at the moment, but anything you want, its a community project.

we need;

undead
    etruscans [i have only done one unit for them].
    italian hoplites and other greek style units
    arbian units [queen of sheba kinda]
    greeks

i will get in touch about some units that need changing, we are using some models from rtw, bi and alex but they need different weapons. most weapons are going to be a bit more fantastical than perhaps they would have been historically.

please follow instructions for joining the team in the op
    thanks mate!

soon i'll get a complete unit list thenyou can pic any or make other.

A.P

wow yes, make units!!!!!!!!

i can’t think what at the moment, but anything you want, its a community project.

we need;

undead
    etruscans [i have only done one unit for them].
    italian hoplites and other greek style units
    arbian units [queen of sheba kinda]
    greeks

i will get in touch about some units that need changing, we are using some models from rtw, bi and alex but they need different weapons. most weapons are going to be a bit more fantastical than perhaps they would have been historically.

please follow instructions for joining the team in the op
    thanks mate!

soon i'll get a complete unit list thenyou can pic any or make other.
    Cool thanks can't wait. I have a thread with some fantasy units like them in Rome Total War/Rome Workshop/Skins models and units called Dark Army. If you'd like use some of those your more than welcome.

If you’d like use some of those your more than welcome.
    i will indeed, they look awesome, they can belong to the gorgons which will be quite gothic. most monsters will belong to them and the undead too [just a couple of units].

can you send [e.g. via sendspace] them to me [or give link to download]. i will also need their DMB and EDU entries.

you will soon have some amazing unit models to skin i.e. solo’s excellent work. just keep them for this mod until release though please. you can use your imagination for units.

i will indeed, they look awesome, they can belong to the gorgons which will be quite gothic. most monsters will belong to them and the undead too [just a couple of units].

can you send [e.g. via sendspace] them to me [or give link to download]. i will also need their DMB and EDU entries.

you will soon have some amazing unit models to skin i.e. solo’s excellent work. just keep them for this mod until release though please. you can use your imagination for units.
    Sorry to disapoint you but I didn't make the full unit I just made the unit looks. So all i've got is the model and skin sorry. But i'll get those and put them on Rapidshare in a secound. Btw, you wouldn't happen to have a unmodded data folder would you? I tried making a sweet ghost unit but for some reason it crashed and then I did someting that didn't have to do with that unit and it still crashes.

A.P

don’t worry mate i got you signed up as a skinner anyway, so you don’t need to do the models.
    ...we got loads you can use.

you wouldn’t happen to have a unmodded data folder would you?
    you just need the vanilla files you edited not the whole data folder. i should have some in my ‘backup’ folder ~ you should always do a backup! all i do is create a new file in program files called activision2 then paste rtw into it.

i’ll post the files here, when you see the words edit, they will be in the attachments at the bottom of the post.

I tried making a sweet ghost unit but for some reason it crashed and then I did someting that didn’t have to do with that unit and it still crashes.
    it will keep crashing until you get rid of what you done, i suspect that rtw couldnt read the file. sometimes if you got all the coding right but the model or textures transparency are wrong, then it just crashes without an error warning.

did you edit the transparency of a unit?

edit; see below
    Last edited by Amorphos; July 23, 2008 at 05:16 PM.

I'm not sure about Transparency but I pretty much just made the face unseable.

AP

see above for your files.

if you want to make a unit see-through you have to use transparency i.e. the alpha channel.

also you should use DXTbmp program located in the twc downloads > tools > section. unlessyou have photoshop i think that can do the files properly. i used to get errors like that because some programs don’t save or change the transparency file which is embedded within the .dds file. .dds files are a composite of two layered images.

hmm but that shouldnt cause a crash? have you added ‘show_err’ to your shortcut? this will tell you what line of what file is causing the problem.

i think the problem will be in the coding! [text files]

AP

see above for your files.

if you want to make a unit see-through you have to use transparency i.e. the alpha channel.

also you should use DXTbmp program located in the twc downloads > tools > section. unlessyou have photoshop i think that can do the files properly. i used to get errors like that because some programs don’t save or change the transparency file which is embedded within the .dds file. .dds files are a composite of two layered images.

hmm but that shouldnt cause a crash? have you added ‘show_err’ to your shortcut? this will tell you what line of what file is causing the problem.

i think the problem will be in the coding! [text files]
    It's probably not that because I tried it agin except with differnt units I havn't even modded and it crashed. But i'm going to try it now with the unmodded dmb.

Edit - Are you sure your dmb is unmodded? I just ran RTW and it said it couldn't find skeleton fs_slinger.
    Last edited by A.P; July 23, 2008 at 05:29 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast