Patch to v.3.5.3 (released 13 Dec. 2009):
(This is the full v3.x upgrade patch. It is not save-game compatible. I categorically recommend installing it over earlier versions.)
3.5.3 patch (rar) —
3.5.3 patch (zip) — http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/939...d-v3-5-3-patch
3.5.3 patch (zip) — http://rapidshare.com/files/320390235/3.5.3_patch.zip
3.5 eyepatch (yarr!) — http://youtube.com/watch?v=8G_L9tXEwmc
0a) Make sure your BI is patched to 1.6. It may come like that out of the box, or you may need to install the patch manually.
0b) If you have a two-disk RTW+BI edition, read this
. Your installation may have actually downgraded itself.
0c) Make sure you _haven't_ installed any non-mod switch mods to this installation. That includes the non-mod switch version of RTR-PE.
0d) If you're using BladeRunner's installer, follow the instructions in that thread and then come back here when you're done. You can ignore the next few steps.
1) Extract the ExRM folder
2) Copy it into the main directory of your RTW:BI 1.6 installation (right next to the Data folder)
3) Double click on the ExRM folder
4) Right-click on the RomeTW-BI shortcut and select "Properties"
5) Change the folder shown in "Start In" to your main RTW:BI folder (e.g., mine is "C:\program files\games\activision\RTRPE 1.9 + ExRM 3.3")
6) Run the campaign_map_reset.bat file in the ExRM subfolder (if necessary)
7) Double-click the shortcut to run the game
1) Download patch at the site listed above
2) drag all the files and folders inside into your ExRM folder, overwriting where prompted
Instructions written by other people, if mine don't work/aren't clear for you: