Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome mat thread

Default Re: Welcome mat thread

very nice, it's been a couple of weeks since i checked in here, this is my favorite mod so far (though i haven't tried many, that doesn't mean it's not good ). Congratulations on the sub-forum.

one thing happened though, i broke my video card

so i cannot play for a while longer. Once i buy a new one, i will make my small AAR with Epiros, where the objective will be to travel to India and bring at least 1 unit of Indian elephants back to Italy.

I only hope you are all still here by then

Laetus

Hello guys,

I am new here. I have been playing RTW for some years now. Currently i am gaming the v.3.3.4. mod. I have a job as controller and am from the Netherlands.

Greetings

Indefinitely Banned

Happy Xmas to you and your team Quinn. Thanks for continuing to improve this excellent work.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Hello to everyone who's said "hello" here, and a welcome to the forums to Callanor!

Thank you, Tony, and a Merry Christmas to you and yours, too! If you get a moment, please send our greetings to the RTR Team.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Well i reckon i am staying with this mod after using many so here i am!

RTW vanilla is the game i have played the most on the pc i played it to death for the first year of release then i got bored and went and done something else!.

then MTW2 was released, I liked it, i liked it allot...but it is lacking in something.. again getting bored of it i started thinking about RTW again then i discover mods!!

mods completely confuse me but some how i have managed to blunder my way through the installation and think i have have tried most of the RTW mods.I settled in RTRP then i noticed this wee gem of a mod and now play this.. I should really check forums more often!

I hope after empire totalwar that CA make RTW2! i love the stage of history, I would say i more keen on the Greek and Celtic nations up to and around 1000AD...

I wish i had knowledge on modding it amazes me how community made mods get released in a state better then the vanilla version of RTW.

A bit about myself.

I'm Dave from UK and a work as a tree surgeon, been playing totalwar games since shogun and pc gaming since the Amiga A500+ (Elite FTW)

A big thanks to all the modders at there!!!

Hello.
    I came across this mod by chance as i have not been working over the xmas period and was bored with rtr pe 1.9.

Ive got to say that at first i didnt like it. Why? well, on RTRPE I had been creaming the opposition. I had built up a massive empire (all of present day europe, where carthage was, and the areas of modern turkey etc and was starting to invade the ptolemy empire whilst finishing off the seleucids. I had a huge treasury of over 6m denari plus an army of @30 legions but I was bored.

This mod has given me a real beating - its 190bc and i`ve just got italy plus sicily and crete as my only lands. The carthaginians and macedonians are both at war with me and I just cannot get a decisive edge against them, and have just enough cash to fund 4 armies which, due to the constant fighting, are really experienced now but i can only expand this force very slowly (2 units per turn if lucky!).

And i am loving it - its a reall challenge and helped me to discover rome all over again. If a rome 2 is going to be done following empire then this is the way for it to be done.

Anyway, thanks for this mod - its certainly worth playing and now i dont want to go back to work but instead defeat it!!

I may have said hello somewhere else, but if not, hey again. Still playing this game. Can't wait to see Rome: Total Realism 7 in its completed form.

I've seen more than one reference to rep here. What is rep? I'm guessing it has something to do with reputation but I don't know in what context that applies to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleakmage View Post
    I've seen more than one reference to rep here. What is rep? I'm guessing it has something to do with reputation but I don't know in what context that applies to here.
    Oh. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Quinn Inuit; February 25, 2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: merged triple post

Antonov's Avatar Civis

I'm Georgi and I'm a student of South East European Studies. I think the Total War gameplay formula is very potent but CA got it wrong somewhere. So, with common efforts we can make things the way they should have been made I've worked as QA for some time and I'm currently employed as a web designer/integrator.

I've been playing RTW for all of two weeks, and when I read about these mods I couldn't resist taking a peek... then once I had ER on my computer I couldn't resist starting a campaign (as the Britons)... After a few turns I've taken one city but I'm losing money and I'm not sure I can raise the troops to head up north! It's certainly different to vanilla

I particularly like the battlefield camera that cannot zoom further than your most advanced unit can 'see', that is an excellent advance. Also really impressed by the overhaul of the building and recruitment systems, even if it makes it impossible for Caratacus to get off his little island.

Unless you count Football Manager, RTW is the first strategy game I've played since original Civilization, and I've been frankly blown away by both the normal game and this mod. Many thanks to those who've made such a quality piece of software. I know the square root of sod all about computers, so I'll just consume the product and cheer from the sidelines

Thanks! I'm glad you guys are enjoying this.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Antonov's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Moth Bones View Post
    I particularly like the battlefield camera that cannot zoom further than your most advanced unit can 'see', that is an excellent advance. Also really impressed by the overhaul of the building and recruitment systems, even if it makes it impossible for Caratacus to get off his little island.
    Hi Moth! By starting your first ExRM campaign, you've taken your first step on the road to immortality. Gratulationis

I believe the option that allows the battlefield camera to only go where your units can see, is set from the game options and isn't specific to the mod. I'm sure that option was in back in the times of MTW, or maybe even Shogun:TW

Salve

I'm not playing ExRM yet, but nevertheless since this forum seems to be the most lively I'm dropping in here. As Quinn's signature states, I come for the classical history and will... probably stay for the mod when I finish my Platinum campaigns and start with ExRM.

I used to play lots of RTW vanilla when it was new. After a very long break from RTW I recently rediscovered the game - got bored with Vanilla pretty quick though and started to play arround with mods and started to make some changes by myself.

I'm a sucker for classical and ancient history and a collector historical maps. Yeah, its probably a fetish . I try to play the campaigns as historically accurate as possible. Usually with great success, particularly with the Romans.

One of my favorite Romans is.. well, please don't shoot me... Marcus Porcius Cato. It is therefore only natural to conclude my introduction with an important reminder... ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Antonov's Avatar Civis

From the line in the end, I suppose you mean Cato the Elder The Catos rule, I'm with you! I've even put a pic of Karl Johnson playing Cato the Younger in the Rome series for an avatar

If you're good in ancient history, I'll be directing all my questions to you then I've just started reading a massive book on ancient history, starting from the Sumerian civilization.

Cato the younger, another hero, and obviously the Brutus in-laws. Most of the family rocked indeed, high morals and defenders of the republic. Cato the elder may be controversial today... but at the end he was right, they were rearming .

glad to see you guys still up and running.

It has been a while but, not long enough for me to get a proper pc to play again. I am currently playing from a friend's laptop and have been trying out several mods while I can

Hopefully it won't be much longer until I can start wiping those Seleucid hordes with my Bactrian archers again, so you better still be around!

Good to see you around again.

Don't worry, we aren't going anywhere. We're still working hard on this mod.

Hi Everybody

I am Vae victis, and I enjoy conquering the world.

I have been playing PC games for many years. I mostly enjoy strategy games, and out of those, my favorites are the games CA makes in its TW series. Its great to see that such creative and talented people, can make the games I love, even better with mods. EXRM is the best mod I have played for RTW and possibly the best mod that I have played in the TW series. Everytime I come back to playing EXRM, it gets even better!!! I can't wait to try out the next update, but untill then, I have some battles to fight, some lands to conquer, and some people to subdue. It was nice meeting everyone.....now back to my conquest!!!

Hi all,

I am Irenaeus, and I like playing my two favourite computer games, Thief and Rome Total War. Both have fantastic mods available for it which greatly extend the original games.

I have just finished my first game in ExRM, winning as the Seleucids and conquering the whole world. I especially enjoyed training those Indian elephants in Damascus and sailing them all the way to Ireland to win the game!

In the real world, I work in R&D in Sat-Nav systems, and enjoy playing cricket.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Ah, I like cricket too

I'm from Chile, I've been playing RTW for about 5 years right now, and when I discovered the mod's I was almost crazy with the great job that guys like you do. I've play RTW with every faction in VH/VH, RTR PE, NapoleonTW, ITW, Troy TW, so you might think that I don't do anything else , that's false, this it's just one of my hobbies.
    I have discovered RTW ER in 24/3/09, I have already finish my campaing as Romans, and I will start another one with de Britons as you ask.

THANKS FOR THE FUN!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast