Thread: Why is there...

Default Why is there...

a hoplite in my recruitment que worth 30,000?

Default Re: Why is there...

i saw that too ..and it has the same stats of the other hoplite:hmmm:
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

It's a (temporary) workaround for a CTD that existed in the original ROP v2.2, caused by rebellions. We do intend to change the way this is done in our next update
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Oh, okay. Just a curiosity question.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Does recruiting them affect the game (aside from bankrupting my treasury, I mean...)?

Nope it just bankrupts you - otherwise you're free to hire them

Lead developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Nope it just bankrupts you - otherwise you're free to hire them
    Good, because I inadvertently trained one unit of them. Then noticed when my treasury was suddenly in the red.

I suppose it's okay to cheat the cost of them back into my bank account just once...

yeah or perhaps you can also fire them, I think that also should give the money back.

Lead developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    yeah or perhaps you can also fire them, I think that also should give the money back.
    I believe you mean disband,because if he fires them he would have to pay compensation to them
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Sharp one Indeed, disbanding is somewhat easier on your purse.

Lead developer of:

Or punish these greedy dogs by sending them in suicide missions
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ

Well, one reason I asked was because I had just conquered Syracuse, which didn't seem to like Spartan occupation and rioted when I removed the conquering army, which was urgently needed elsewhere. Perhaps I should have enslaved instead of occupied...

Those 30,000 drachma hoplites were the only unit I was able to recruit, but I didn't look at the price when I did so.

Ok maybe i can give you my personal tip that is used also with BI (because of the religion system).The reason of the unrest is the different political system influence of the settlements.The influence and the political growth are depending on 3 parameters:A)The political (or cultural) buildings-in the rebel settlements are only 1st level political gathering- B)The political beliefs of nearby settlements and C)The political influence of the characters in the region.
    I am gonna focus on parameter C because some settlements are far from the faction's homeland and sphere of influence.So taking for example Syracuse and assuming that you are ready to send a force from the Spartan capital to capture it you will have to do:Gather allmost all your oligarchists generals along with a powerful army plus your spy,get them to the ship and go for the island.There disembark a little far fom the settlement(far but always inside the settlement's border) and build a fort,send your spy inside the city and watch the public order of the city.When the public order falls to 20-25% (meaning that the growth of oligarchists is superior and causes unrest) begin the seige of the city,but wait for 3-4 turns so you can win some more supporters in the city.When you capture the city you will notice that the public order is cool and you just have to occupy and not enslave or exterminate the city,also you have another good thing because in the nearby city of Region oligarchy will start having influence,so you can do the same thing (build fort with a lot of generals and strong army and send the -also you will not have to train a new army because you can use again the same army that captured Syracuse because the city is alright and don't need strong garisson to keep public order in low % -A!leave a general in Syracuse because you need to build the oligarchists gathering,so you can established the political system-) and storm it I hope it helps you ,if my english are not good ask me for more details
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ

Always a pleasure to help a Spartan,this tip you can use for any settlement in any region
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ

Great. It'll be especially helpful when my Spartans march into Persia...and beyond (of course, I'll be sure to bring a few Tarantines levies with me. ).