Thread: Adding in Malta

Default Adding in Malta

Hello Kingdowm Grand Campaign Mod people

I been playing this mod with alot of ooo and ahhhhs and some WTF!!, but overall quite impressed, but here comes my request (and the end of the brown nosing) could you please add in the island Malta, it is that little island just off the coast of Sicily.

Historically it served as a port from Africa to Europe for the crusades and trade (and still does now for all those lovely African refugees).

As who owns it, the Moors would be the best beat giving the Sicilians a chance to get troops from Europe to Africa alot easier. (Or another other nation who takes it)

A quick note even through the seige of Malta was in the 1500 it was still invaded by the Normans by the request of the pope and hence it become a trading city.

A city named "Mdina" which is the old capital of Malta and has a large Fort there.

I hope you do add it and keep producing more exotic factions

Default Re: Adding in Malta

@maltesefalcon,

Hello again, just curious are you from Malta by any chance? or is that just your username? The island of Malta was originally active in my campaign. However as I added more regions I decided to sacrifice a few, and one I removed was Malta.

Reading your post has given me a possible new idea and a renewed interest in Malta.. Since I have been so far unsuccessful in making the Moors attack the island of Sicily. Maybe if I make Malta active again and give it to the muslims at the start.. I might just get some results! I realise that Malta was not still under muslim rule in 1180 of course. But neither was the TO around, or the Mongols etc.. Certain historical inacuracies can sometimes make for a better game.

thanks,
    Dave

@dave

Im Australian mate, but my dad side of the family hails from Malta immigratted after world war 2 (Germans and Italians had there fun)

For the Moors attacking Sciliy that is a prefect idea so Scily will go south instead of trying to hit Byzanitium Empire

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

I am for adding Malta, especially if it will give the Moors another option for expansion, but as I said before, I like amphibious assaults so I may be biased.

For the island itself are you going to add in one big town or two smalls ones representing the two islands (Malta is the biggest island and Gozo the second biggest)

If Malta was going to be added it should only be one city, since it isnt that big compared to regions like France or Greece where if you use the same argument, should have 5+ more regions. It takes away from gaemplay to have too many regions though, so one should be enough if dave is going to add it.

Fair enough, but Malta shouldn't be compared to France or Greece for settlements :S but i do see your point

I wasn't making a comparison, just a point, but thanks for reading through my garbage, it was too early. I think the addition of Malta would be interesting if enough evidence can be given to support the fact that it was historically important during this time.

@maltesefalcon,

Here is Malta added to KGCM as you requested, I hope this finds you well.

Dave

Nice mate could you name the city Mdina and just add a little island for gozo (no city required)

Please do not make fun of other forum members requests in future please.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 22, 2008 at 04:11 PM.

Please no flaming in my forum.

Deleted
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 22, 2008 at 04:11 PM.

@maltesefalcon,

Thanks, but I would prefer to leave the settlement name as Malta. I also see no need to add Gozo if there is going to be nothing on it.

regards,
    Dave

Wasn't the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, of Rhodes and of Malta (known as the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (SMOM), Order of Malta or Knights of Malta for short) long-time rules of Malta?

Wasn't the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, of Rhodes and of Malta (known as the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (SMOM), Order of Malta or Knights of Malta for short) long-time rules of Malta?
    Indeed you are right, but I gave this region to the moors purely for gameplay reasons. Since the Kingdom of Sicily currently sit in such a comfortable starting position south of Papal States, I wanted to see the muslims attack and try to reclaim Sicily! ATM the Moors under AI control only ever attack Cagliari.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 23, 2008 at 02:13 AM.

@Dave

Why you calling the "settlement" Malta?, wouldn't that like calling settlements in Germany, Germany A and Germany B, etc etc

Oh also Malta is to the right of Scily not the left
    Last edited by maltesefalcon; July 23, 2008 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    @Dave

Why you calling the "settlement" Malta?, wouldn't that like calling settlements in Germany, Germany A and Germany B, etc etc

He's right, you've got it in the wrong location. And, actually, Malta is made up of two islands, not one.
    http://www.holiday-malta.com/map/

Dude are you being serious?? you want me to redo Malta and move it to the right a bit more?

He's right, you've got it in the wrong location. And, actually, Malta is made up of two islands, not one.
    I'll go by this map, but thanks anyway.

Thread closed
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 23, 2008 at 04:50 PM.