Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

This mod is indefinately on hold. I have too much to do in my life right now.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I'm restarting this, but I need your help to see this through.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    I'm restarting this, but I need your help to see this through.
    Hey mate, good to see ya! What do you need?

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Hey mate, good to see ya! What do you need?
    Well, do you know if Stainless Steel would let someone use their map? While I respect the work that went into GATW's map, it's far from perfect. I am confident that I can finish the map, it would take too long, I'd rather just play with the regions file.

I'm focused mostly on research, and designing the buildings and MIC system. I've put all modelling on hold until the mod draws enough attention to attract a dedicated modeler ( Preferably someone without a social life.)
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

This is pretty similar to The Great Conflicts, no?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    This is pretty similar to The Great Conflicts, no?
    In fact TGC is the "smaller" version of Golden Ages.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Aye, things first started with the Golden Ages and TGC appeared only later, since GA proved to be quite a big bite. The two mods are still linked though.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    The two mods are still linked though.
    Well, right now this is hardly a mod. I've been really busy, and I'm not terribly good at modding, so I've done very little to bring this back. Luckily, in just over half a month, I'm going to have a month-long paid vacation, so hopefully I can get some serious work done.

I've abandoned the idea of trying to use Stainless Steel's basemap, because the one this mod has is perfectly fine. Sure, it's not perfect, but as far as I can tell, it's still a WIP.

Although I wouldn't say TGC is a "smaller" version of this mod. It's got way more content than this mod currently has.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Well, right now this is hardly a mod. I've been really busy, and I'm not terribly good at modding, so I've done very little to bring this back. Luckily, in just over half a month, I'm going to have a month-long paid vacation, so hopefully I can get some serious work done.

I've abandoned the idea of trying to use Stainless Steel's basemap, because the one this mod has is perfectly fine. Sure, it's not perfect, but as far as I can tell, it's still a WIP.

Although I wouldn't say TGC is a "smaller" version of this mod. It's got way more content than this mod currently has.
    I don't think I've ever seen the area of the map... could you upload the base/region map so I can see?

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen the area of the map... could you upload the base/region map so I can see?
    It's going to have to wait until I get my new phone.

However, for a taste, Gigantus adopted it from the map for PDER, which I beleive he also designed in the first place.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; May 30, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

major's Avatar Libertus

Where I can see first preview? I've tried to follow link from opening post but seems dead.

I wanted to do something a bit more detailed and professional, but I've been really busy, so this is the best I have so far:

Note: This is just a conceptual idea. The practical reality of the mod will likely be very different, so keep that in mind while reading this.

Golden Ages Total War
    Military System Preview

One of the features of Golden Ages Total War (GATW) is the redone military tree. Instead of building separate buildings for cavalry, ranged troops, and infantry, the tree is instead split by 'recruitment source'. Using the Roman Empire as an example, you have Tagmatic Troops (Professionals), Thematic Troops (Feudal), and Heteiria (Foreign Mercenaries). Each building provides various faction bonuses and maluses, forcing the player to decide whether increasing the availability of his forces by upgrading his military-industrial complex (MIC) is worth the penalties. Different trees provide different bonuses and maluses.

Another feature is all units that can be built can be built from the start, with only a few exceptions, dependent on the faction's historical development. The MIC buildings are dependent on not only city size, but also the level of feudalization (Based upon the mod's conceptual 'feudalization' system, a potential and powerful modification of the farming build tree. The feudalization system is meant to represent the gradual loss of central authority many factions underwent in this period.)

The building system is designed with the principals of "Real Recruitment" in mind. Recycling the Byzantine example:

Tagmatic Troops: Late Professionals, Urban Professionals, some Feudal and Early Professionals possible as well.

Thematic Troops: Early Professionals, Feudal, Militia, Local, and Peasant Levy

Heteiria: Mercenary, some Early Professionals, some Locals

The main goal of this recruitment system is to give the player the choice to build his army along historical principles. It should be possible to only use professional troops that are responsible to the crown, but the player will also be tempted to increase his troop numbers by boosting the recruitment of feudal and levy troops, in exchange for increased corruption and unrest. But given the threats of the era, that might be more than a fair trade…
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I think I mentioned before, maybe just in my signature, that I was no longer interested in making this mod.

That's not entirely true. I'm going to get to this era at some point, and I'm working on a system that will allow me to minimize the amount of time and energy I need to put in to accomplish something.

That way I can work on modding without spending hours on end on my computer. Stay tuned for more information in the next few weeks.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Domesticus

Sounds pretty interesting, hope ya'll can get it working I'll have a glut of Dark Ages mods to play one day hopefully!

And I would help, but im on dial up

Ah, if only I had better internet, I'd probably be one of the best modders XD I literally have no life.

Alright. Announcement time.

After looking at the rest of the map and seeing what I have left over, I've given Ireland back another province, so now the island has 2. *England has 6 provinces, so Ireland having 2 is fair.

If I have a slot left over that I can't put in a better place, then there will be an Irish faction (One of them anyways...). Also, I think I might be able to give another province to Ireland for a total of 3. It's only fair, because *Scotland has 5 provinces.

I'm not shafting Ireland out of a sense of ill will, part of my heart is in Ireland, it is where some of my ancestors were from. I'm just trying to present a mod that doesn't bow to nationalist biases, I want something as objective as possible.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; October 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

EDIT: I keep double posting. Sorry.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; October 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Honestly, I don't think that I'll really have time to do this, but if I do, I think I want to focus it more on Western Europe, since The Great Conflicts started as an offshoot of this mod but is focused on Eastern Europe and the Near East.

I'm thinking something in the area of the map below, if you have any feedback, let me know. I'll start gathering materials to base the map around.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

maybe you can use the map of dhrr-mod.
    there 0.8 map can be shorten and the +regions bolster the remaining map

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    maybe you can use the map of dhrr-mod.
    there 0.8 map can be shorten and the +regions bolster the remaining map
    Their map actually leaves out a good amount of territory that I intend to use.

Basically I'm going from Scandinavia in the North to North Africa in the South, and from Spain in the West to Croatia in the East.

I've pulled up some mapping material and have some reference maps ready so I can mess around with starting the map making process.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

so basically the half of this