Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    In my notebook, I've listed the steps I need to perform on my model to get it to where I want it to be. Should be easier than I thought, just need to do it instead of playing The Witcher.
    As long as your model is in MS3D format I could take a look at it for you when you finish it

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    As long as your model is in MS3D format I could take a look at it for you when you finish it
    It's in that format, but until I get back in several months, i can't put it online.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

It's in that format, but until I get back in several months, i can't put it online.
    Ahh, thats too bad. Alright mate

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Ahh, thats too bad. Alright mate
    Not being able to download and upload files is making my job a bit harder than it needs to be lol.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I promise to put in at least 1/2 to 1 hour today (Depending on schedule constraints) working on the head. I'm basically smoothing the mouth and nose out so I can replicate the chainmail hood covering those parts of the face.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

What does the modified map look like? Can you post a shot of the map.regions tga? Or can even this not be uploaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    What does the modified map look like? Can you post a shot of the map.regions tga? Or can even this not be uploaded?
    Nope.

Besides, I only added 12 regions, and I put map work on hold until I could better get feedback on it.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I'll admit that I haven't done much work since my last post. I'll do some more tonight, I promise.

Also, we have a Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Golden-Ages-Total-War/158186577541044
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I've been busy, but I haven't forgot about this project.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Alright, I have a dilemna.

I don't have much personal time. I will in a few weeks, but I plan to use it for other things. I don't want to see this mod disappear though. If it takes five years to get it right, then in my mind it will be worth it. But I'd much rather see someone else release it faster. Sure, the vision I have in my head might be very diluted if others take this over, but this is an era that truly needs a mod.

What absolutely can't happen is watching this get abandoned. I think it has potential, and it's worth working on, but I've barely scratched the surface of what it would take to bring this back.

I just hope that I'm still being held to my promise to have 2 unit models (not textures) done by august.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I've realized that this mod will go nowhere if I'm the only one who works on it. I have barely any free time as it is. I'll have more soon enough, but I also want to have a social life, so I can't sit on my computer every evening.

So this is basically an open recruitment call. If you have a skill and you want to work on a specific area, send me a Private Message, and we can work out the details. Currently I can't send anything over the internet as far as mod data goes, but there are so many things that can be down without said data, you just need to have the vanilla data for much of it.

So if you're interested in assisting this mod and covering a sorely underdone era, send me a message.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

The models I'm working on belong to the Umayyads of Cordoba.

Should I just continue on the main campaign, or should I start with just a mini-campaign in Hispania?
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I'm almost done with my first model. I know I promised two by the end of August. I've learned a few lessons from the first one, so the second one shouldn't be too hard for me to do.

I just need to work on the face and the boots, although I'm sure after texturing and completing the unit, I'll probably have to adjust everything just to make it look right.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The Frankenstein technic is easier my friend.
    Plus each part has uv maps already.
    Ishan calls Frankenstein technic "Doctoring".
    That way you can gather material (bodies,heads,helmets ,weapons etc) and make units of your own.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The Frankenstein technic is easier my friend.
    Plus each part has uv maps already.
    Ishan calls Frankenstein technic "Doctoring".
    That way you can gather material (bodies,heads,helmets ,weapons etc) and make units of your own.
    Something like that is probably inevitable.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Alright: I have a bit of a problem. Whenever I create a new face, it's no longer smooth.

The same thing happens whenever I delete a face and then recreate it again.

What's the solution? It's been holding me back.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Alright: I have a bit of a problem. Whenever I create a new face, it's no longer smooth.

The same thing happens whenever I delete a face and then recreate it again.

What's the solution? It's been holding me back.
    After you create all the faces, then you select the ones you want smooth and go to "smooth all" in the Face tab.

I'll give that a try.

EDIT: I did that, but now I have a line running down my model's face.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; August 22, 2011 at 06:57 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

So I've attached a picture about my problem. This issue has hung me up for a while, so long that I'm going to have to break my promise.

Anyways, I think I need to keep practicing before I'm ready to make my own models for this mod, so I'm probably going to move on to finalizing the map and the provinces.

If anyone has a solution, let me know. Another thing I tried was to select the faces that aren't smooth, and then go Tools>Smooth All..., but all that does is create alot more polygons. However, if I do that with only one face selected, the model smooths out but the face I selected goes from being one triangle to three.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

So I've attached a picture about my problem. This issue has hung me up for a while, so long that I'm going to have to break my promise.

Anyways, I think I need to keep practicing before I'm ready to make my own models for this mod, so I'm probably going to move on to finalizing the map and the provinces.

If anyone has a solution, let me know. Another thing I tried was to select the faces that aren't smooth, and then go Tools>Smooth All..., but all that does is create alot more polygons. However, if I do that with only one face selected, the model smooths out but the face I selected goes from being one triangle to three.
    DEFINITELY don't smooth the entire model. Only smooth whatever you've modeled on it. So I would hide everything but what you want smooth and then smooth (i think that would work). Or if not, delete the rest of the model and then smooth what you added, then merge with the original model. If that doesn't work i'd recommend taking it to the Mod Workshop!