Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

Just from browsing the models (Luckily I have EVERY tool I need) I can see my work is cut out for me.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Glad to see this is still being worked on- I look forward to seeing more progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Glad to see this is still being worked on- I look forward to seeing more progress.
    I almost lost the paltry changes that I made to the provinces. I couldn't start the Campaign, it would go back to the Single Player screen. I found out it's because I had a city without a building, and a landlocked city with a port.

I put together the first model for the Cordoban roster I intend to create. It still needs alot of things added before it's complete.

I'd say the map is about done, it was pretty close to completion when I took it over. I just have two provinces currently sitting surrounded by the Sahara. It's just hard to decide where to put them. Transcaucasia, Poland/Russia, and Germany could all use one.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; April 10, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I'm not done with my first model, not even close. But I still want to assign him some weapons. I'll have to ask a few mods for permission to use their weapon models though.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

So how far above the Danube did the Bulgarian Empire extend in 900?
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Something like this map, but without the north-western area, which was in 900 Magyar. Or this map, except for the area between the Dniepr and Dniestr, which used to be Magyar and should in 900 be Pecheneg instead of Bulgarian, IMO (used to be a Bulgar buffer zone earlier on, but that was over a century earlier). Also, of course, without the striped areas to the south and Serbia wasn't conquered yet, IIRC.
    Last edited by NikeBG; April 16, 2011 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Something like this map, but without the north-western area, which was in 900 Magyar. Or this map, except for the area between the Dniepr and Dniestr, which used to be Magyar and should in 900 be Pecheneg instead of Bulgarian, IMO (used to be a Bulgar buffer zone earlier on, but that was over a century earlier). Also, of course, without the striped areas to the south and Serbia wasn't conquered yet, IIRC.
    About what I had in mind, thanks.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Just found a spear that I think will work for my Moorish cavalry model. I'll need to get permission before using it though.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Just found a spear that I think will work for my Moorish cavalry model. I'll need to get permission before using it though.
    I would recommend using Lord Calidor's weapon pack - they've got everything, axes, spears, swords, lances, maces, everything. Extremely useful!

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I agree Lord Calidor's weapon pack is the primary source of weapons TGC uses also. But you must be carefull. The weapon pack weas designed for high/late eras of middle ages.
    Only few of them can fit in the time frame of the mod like simple spears of all sizes (NOT knight lances and not most of the swords).
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Well, then weapons will probably have to wait. The only possible sources I have are BC and SS. I have Rusichi and a few other mods that I could get permission from, but they are trapped on my external hard drive and I'm missing the power cord.

I also can't download anything right now.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Not directly related to the mod, but I'm really tempted to create the Roman army that existed from the 7th to 10th centuries. You know, undercut CBUR :p
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Indefinitely Banned

will the eastern roman empire be in this game?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    will the eastern roman empire be in this game?
    Its actually a large portion of the map.

Heres a preview of the ERE units.

Indefinitely Banned

ok so you will be using the great conflicts units

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Not directly related to the mod, but I'm really tempted to create the Roman army that existed from the 7th to 10th centuries. You know, undercut CBUR :p
    well, good luck with that

seriously, why not focus on a roster that is not readily available.
    Last edited by absinthia; April 29, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    well, good luck with that

seriously, why not focus on a roster that is not readily available.
    Was being sarcastic. Although at the mod's start timeframe, the Nikephorean reforms are pretty far off, and at some point I'll need older style units.

I'm currently working on the Ummayads, BTW.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; April 30, 2011 at 04:42 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Its actually a large portion of the map.

Heres a preview of the ERE units.
    You're thinking of the Great Conflicts.

This isn't that mod.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Anyone have any good resources for the Caliphate of Cordoba? All I have is one Osprey book, and only two relevant panels in that book, besides assorted text.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

In my notebook, I've listed the steps I need to perform on my model to get it to where I want it to be. Should be easier than I thought, just need to do it instead of playing The Witcher.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!