Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

I don't have time to make a detailed post.

However, I am in the process of getting permission to continue this mod. When I obtain permission, I will get to work.

Initially, I will do no work with units, graphics, buildings, etc. I will merely be editing the descr_strat, and possibly adding PSFs to the map.

Then I will proceed to add new graphics, buildings, units, strat_map models, etc.

I won't guarantee that this will ever be released, as I am usually busy during the week. But this mod is tentatively being continued.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Well, I am the leader of Wrath of the Norsemen. Another Dark age mod covering a similar time frame. Our long term plan is to create a Europe wide mod, and we already have gathered a team. Currently we are working on a smaller mod that covers the area surrounding the Baltic sea, but the future is of a much larger mod... If we can gather the large team to create it.

Perhaps working together to release such a mod? The chance of a release would be far higher than working on your own when you won't create units (no offence). Anyway, if your interested, drop me a PM. Ours mods forum is here.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

If i remember well GA had already a map..
    If yes that would be a great start.
    So co operations with other mods in development is a great idea.
    Afcourse when the Nikephorean unit roster will be completed it will be available for GA as i promised at the very begining of the mod's creation.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Víkingr View Post
    Well, I am the leader of Wrath of the Norsemen. Another Dark age mod covering a similar time frame. Our long term plan is to create a Europe wide mod, and we already have gathered a team. Currently we are working on a smaller mod that covers the area surrounding the Baltic sea, but the future is of a much larger mod... If we can gather the large team to create it.

Perhaps working together to release such a mod? The chance of a release would be far higher than working on your own when you won't create units (no offence). Anyway, if your interested, drop me a PM. Ours mods forum is here.
    I'll send a PM probably this weekend with more details (Earlier if I find the time). I am certainly interested in cooperation.

I will eventually create units, but I'm still trying to learn the art. Muslim factions are particularly neglected, and I don't favor BC's artistic interpretation (Although the units are very lovely). The files I received from Giorgios included a map with most of the settlements. All I need to do is some tweaking of provinces and starting positions, then I will be able to add PSFs and maybe a few special buildings. (The HSP is also a cool thing to include, but it's not something I really desire to include as of now. That could be included as a submod (If this is EVER released.)

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    If i remember well GA had already a map..
    If yes that would be a great start.
    So co operations with other mods in development is a great idea.
    Afcourse when the Nikephorean unit roster will be completed it will be available for GA as i promised at the very begining of the mod's creation.
    Yes, GA already had a map. (In fact, that's all I had). I intend to ask around for units, but I want to create some units on my own because I don't feel like having other teams create my mod for me (if I ever do make a few rosters for the Muslim factions, I will certainly release them for others to use). Beyond that, there isn't much.

I am fully capable of tweaking descr_strat and the text files, and I am learning how to script. What I won't be able to do is create battle map objects, and pretty much most graphics. (Although I am also learning how to do that as well. The only problem is that I'm not much of an artist.) I'll be able to finish putting objects on the Campaign map by myself no problem.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; May 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Update:

As I started editing descr_strat, I realized that the Byzantines are stronger than I prefer. I am thinking of making the mod start earlier. I still intend to start the mod after the Frankish kingdom fractured, but before 900 (Although I am still defaulting to that.)

Any suggestions?

Keep in mind that I can make another campaign eventually (Just an idle thought. Don't assume that I will, or even that it is a priority.)

But for now, I'd like a weaker Byzantine start.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

As former mod leader, if you want an earlier start with a weaker ERE, it's quite difficult. Pretty much from 843 onward, when Francia split, onwards, the Empire was in a constant position of growing strength and power. She is surrounded by relatively powerful enemies, like the Abbasids, Tulunids and Bulgars though, which will help slow down expansion. You might also want to consider making the roster very expensive to recruit and maintain, to further hobble the Empire? Otherwise though, there's no way you can have a particuarly weak ERE and a divided Francia in the mod, I'm afraid.

Yes, I was afraid of that.

I haven't touched the descr_strat, only a copy. When checking out Thomas Lessman's 900 AD map, I realized that the Byzantines held all of Greece. (Which I was actually hoping to avoid)

I'll keep it at 900 for now.

I'm actually looking into how other mods for M2TW and RTW constrain the size of Empires.

Considering the size of the map, I think my job is that much easier.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Yes, I was afraid of that.

I haven't touched the descr_strat, only a copy. When checking out Thomas Lessman's 900 AD map, I realized that the Byzantines held all of Greece. (Which I was actually hoping to avoid)

I'll keep it at 900 for now.

I'm actually looking into how other mods for M2TW and RTW constrain the size of Empires.

Considering the size of the map, I think my job is that much easier.
    actually, ERE held all the greece through all these centuries, excluding some the years of Samuel II.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrock View Post
    actually, ERE held all the greece through all these centuries, excluding some the years of Samuel II.
    Well, they actually lost most of it during the late 600s and the 700s. All that remained in Byzantine hands was a tiny part of the Pelloponesse and Thessalonica.

They just ended up regaining most of it before 900.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Although the years around 900 were the weakest the Romans were in the Balkans for a long time, due to the power of Tsar Symeon. That's why I made so many Balkan settlements rebel in the game, to represent the weakness of overall Roman control of the region.

Update: I am about done putting the finishing touches on the Campaign map. Only a few more provinces to add/delete, and some slight adjustment of settlements and ports, and I will be ready to start the family trees.

EDIT: I'm going to have to edit the river crossings as well. Suffice it to say, that a lot of work is ahead of me.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; May 29, 2010 at 08:41 AM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Teaser:

A very early WIP of the map. The base map is an adaptation of Pro Deo Et Rege's campaign map, courtesy of gigantus, with settlement work by Giorgios.

Most of the provinces on this map were added by gigantus. A few of them have been changed by myself using Octavius's Geomod

Here you go, my simulation of Al-Andalus. Ignore the lack of roads and the underdevelopment of the settlements, those will be fixed upon future research.

Note the lack of Toledo. I am leaving it rebel, because it frequently rebelled against the Ummayads.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; May 31, 2010 at 07:43 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

keep it up

I have a bit of a dilemna. Currently, Byzantine provinces are representing Themes. However, this gives them way more settlements than anyone else, and I need some more settlements elsewhere. So, I am thinking of getting rid of some. However, I can't seem to come up with a better way of organizing Byzantine land. Here's the current setup:
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Put Korinthos northern (where there is the land bridge between main greece and pelloponisos),put Thessalonike a bit to the right..
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Put Korinthos northern (where there is the land bridge between main greece and pelloponisos),put Thessalonike a bit to the right..
    That's all things I was about to work on. (Thanks. I've got the perfect place in mind for Corinth--It won't block the Isthmus though. It will at least be a red movement area for enemies.)

However, what I'm really curious is about what provinces I can get rid of. I'd like to free up 3 or 4 ideally.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Nice this is an excellent idea

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Teaser:

A very early WIP of the map. The base map is an adaptation of Pro Deo Et Rege's campaign map, courtesy of gigantus.

Most of the provinces on this map were added by gigantus. A few of them have been changed by myself using Octavius's Geomod

Here you go, my simulation of Al-Andalus. Ignore the lack of roads and the underdevelopment of the settlements, those will be fixed upon future research.

Note the lack of Toledo. I am leaving it rebel, because it frequently rebelled against the Ummayads.
    If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to be credited for the map too please, I was the one who researched all of the settlements, moved them to the correct places, and did a lot of associated work.

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Lol isn't this mod dead ? ? ?
    I thought it was dead
    MORAL

I killed it from lack of interest, but Slaytannic contacted me a few weeks back, asking for my permission to revive it, for him to build up his modding skills on. I was delighted to be of assistance to him, so now he's leading the mod as a solo project. I'm sure you'll join me in wishing him the best of luck.

Oh, and regarding cutting Roman provinces, it might be an idea to combine the provinces for Athens and Corinth, since I believe in the period southern Greece was very depopulated and strategically peripheral.