Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War

No no no no no no!!! whats the point of a dark age mod if starts right at the end of the dark ages. I think it should start before 900 so you get a few years of having Alfred the great in the mod.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by SpartansAvenged View Post
    No no no no no no!!! whats the point of a dark age mod if starts right at the end of the dark ages. I think it should start before 900 so you get a few years of having Alfred the great in the mod.
    I was refairing to emegred factions if you answering my post...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thank god. Sorry that IS a good idea. if you have a little info of this you can give me I might just be able to help you out.

Thank god. Sorry that IS a good idea. if you have a little info of this you can give me I might just be able to help you out.
    Normans...south europe's ones invaded Italy around the first decades of the 10th century and soon took some of the south Lombardic cities and established a vassal(to "Byzantines")state...They joined the byzantine forces as heavy mercs(latinikon) but soon after attacked the south italy byzantine regions!Bari felt aroud 1070 and then Normans invaded the Sicelian emirate and faught a war for almost 20 years!Syracuse felt in 1090!Meanwhile the normans invaded Dyrachium region in the main byzatine empire!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Good Stuff if you have any more please post it.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Alfred the Great died in 899, so whenever the mod starts, the player's challenege will be to build on his achievements...

Which date are you saying no no no about, 900, 909 or 940? Because it won't be 940, I can tell you now...

Good Stuff if you have any more please post it.
    I will have to translate my texts about the Norman invation in Italy 1st!
    The Principality of Handax became from exiled "SPAIN" arabs and established around 800 ad and became one of the richest muslim states in the mediteranean!Nikephorus Phokas (as a general)regain Crete around 958 (i think please corect the date if it is wrong)!
    The Sicelian Emirate was one of the oldest muslim states in the mediteranean!There was a constant war between Arabs and Romans(byzantines)but the worst wars were between Roman and Lombards!

No he did not your info is wrong it clearly states in my university papers and in the saxon chronicles that he died in 901 and this was said by a saxon man who met Alfred the Great so theres no chance that your info is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I will have to translate my texts about the Norman invation in Italy 1st!
    The Principality of Handax became from exiled "SPAIN" arabs and established around 800 ad and became one of the richest muslim states in the mediteranean!Nikephorus Phokas (as a general)regain Crete around 958 (i think please corect the date if it is wrong)!
    The Sicelian Emirate was one of the oldest muslim states in the mediteranean!There was a constant war between Arabs and Romans(byzantines)but the worst wars were between Roman and Lombards!
    Cool like I said if you find anymore share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Which date are you saying no no no about, 900, 909 or 940? Because it won't be 940, I can tell you now...
    don't worry its just me not understanding I got it now.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

don't worry its just me not understanding I got it now.
    OK... so 909AD?
    What does the rest of the team think? Kornflakes, Icedie, Kallum, Icefrisco...?

Oh and Anthonius, Crete fell in 961. What do you think of the idea of combining Crete and Sicily? Neither is really big enough to be included as a standalone faction, but by combining them they can represent the Saracen pirates and raiders that attacked the Romans constantly in the tenth century!
    Last edited by Giorgios; September 09, 2008 at 08:07 AM.

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Is it possible to script a title "Emperor of all bulgarians and romans" , which Tzar Simeon \bulgarian emperor 893 - 927\ to gain after capturing 5-6 citys ?
    MORAL

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    OK... so 909AD?
    What does the rest of the team think? Kornflakes, Icedie, Kallum, Icefrisco...?
    My opinion is that if the new date serv's the "story" of the mod you could accept it!
    Oh and Anthonius, Crete fell in 961. What do you think of the idea of combining Crete and Sicily? Neither is really big enough to be included as a standalone faction, but by combining them they can represent the Saracen pirates and raiders that attacked the Romans constantly in the tenth century!
    Yea why not ...the unistorical of this will be minor infront of the mod's good!

why not start it in 894 so you have alfred the great as a faction leader for wessex missing him by a few years would be so sad.

And heres some more faction symbols I just made.

The Tulunids

The Abbassids

Armenia

The Ummayads

Well georgio i have no problem as long as we keep history accuracy!!
    Ah here is something that may clear things up for SPARTANSAVENGE
    Alfred's Death and Ęthelwold's Revolt

Alfred died on 26 October 899, and Edward succeeded. Edward's first problem was the revolt of Ęthelwold, one of Alfred's nephews (son of Alfred's older brother Ęthelred I). On Edward's accession, Ęthelwold seized Wimborne in Dorset where his father was buried and Christchurch in Hampshire, and prepared to hold them against all comers. Edward brought an army to Badbury near Wimborne, but Ęthelwold stayed within Wimborne with his men and a nun he had kidnapped, saying that he would live there or die there. The stage seemed set for Edward and Ęthelwold to recreate the tale of Cynewulf and Cyneheard, that eighth-century set-piece of battle to the death between royal kinsmen and their loyal retainers immortalized in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, but Ęthelwold chose the less heroic if more pragmatic course of riding away in the night. Ęthelwold went to the Danes in Northumbria, who swore allegiance to him and took him as their king: some Northumbrian coins with the name Alvaldus (Ęthelwold) survive from this period. In the fall of 901 Ęthelwold came with a fleet into Essex. In the fall of 902 he induced the East Anglian Danes to break the peace, and with an army harried Mercia as far as Cricklade in Wiltshire. When Ęthelwold crossed the Thames into Wessex to raid Braydon (also in Wiltshire), King Edward gathered his army and harried Essex and East Anglia. Edward then tried to stage an orderly withdrawal, but the men of Kent lingered, the Danish army overtook them, and on 13 December 902 the battle of the Holme (unidentified) was fought, resulting in the death among others of Ęthelwold the pretender and of his allies Eohric, the Danish king of East Anglia, and an ętheling Brihtsige (probably Mercian, as his name alliterates with those of the Mercian kings).
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

Its wrong he died 901 READ the saxon chronicles. theres no better proof then that. Thats what I was told in univesity as well.

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

ncie faction symbols
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Btw, Goergios \GRE\- I'm Georgi \BG\
    MORAL

KoRnflakes's Avatar Senator

Why change the start date ?
    I see no important reason
    Danke King Kong dass ich Third Age ab meinem Geburtstag zocken kann