Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon13 Re: Golden Ages : Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Basilacius View Post
    hello I'm Basilacius and I know a thing or two about history so can I join you as a researcher? don't let my low number of posts distract you
    It doesn't... mine isn't all that high anyhow... yes of course you may, please go and register on our main forum site (the link is on my sig) and get posting!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War

CBUR started the roman army units that refairing to "Golden Ages" time frame...
    Nikephorean Armies(900-1079ad)
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    CBUR started the roman army units that refairing to "Golden Ages" time frame...
    Nikephorean Armies(900-1079ad)
    Great! Icefrisco is working on our campaign map now, and I am in discussions with a leader of another mod that could prove very beneficial to both of us! We may have gone quiet, but we are by no means dead yet!

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

can I do something? I mean we have a lot of info regarding the factions? and I think that my 2d skills are far from perfect so can I still do something?
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallum View Post
    can I do something? I mean we have a lot of info regarding the factions? and I think that my 2d skills are far from perfect so can I still do something?
    Kallum, you are already a member of the team, what more do you want to do? At the moment, we just need lots and lots of research on factions, especially the Muslims, Spanish, West Franks, and nomads...
    So anything you can find on these would be great!

Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

okay, The seljuks were a horde faction right? and Abbasids were also along. Muslim factions will be my new goal then
    Basilacius if you could find some info regarding the steppe peope(Avars, Bulgars)
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began

okay, The seljuks were a horde faction right? and Abbasids were also along. Muslim factions will be my new goal then
    Basilacius if you could find some info regarding the steppe peope(Avars, Bulgars)
    The Seljuks will not be in the first release, so please focus on the Abbasids. And our main horde faction will be the Pechenegs... As we have Bulgaria: Total War for support, we don't need much Bulgar research

Erm..... Are you actually making a mod for this or talking about it. PLEASE TELL ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpartansAvenged View Post
    Erm..... Are you actually making a mod for this or talking about it. PLEASE TELL ME!!!
    No, we actually are... would you like to join the team?

Im not the best at modding but I am a historian to be.
    In other words im not a historian yet but I will be that I promise you.

If I can be any use to you I will help just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartansAvenged View Post
    Im not the best at modding but I am a historian to be.
    In other words im not a historian yet but I will be that I promise you.

If I can be any use to you I will help just let me know.
    Read back in our threads for more information on the mod, or visit the subforum on my sig, then you can see what information you might submit is relevant. You said on another thread that you had created "several personal mods", what do you mean by this? What modding skills do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    The Seljuks will not be in the first release, so please focus on the Abbasids. And our main horde faction will be the Pechenegs... As we have Bulgaria: Total War for support, we don't need much Bulgar research
    okay so Abbadids and pechenegs it is then
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began

okay so Abbadids and pechenegs it is then
    Great! Put your research in our forum, please!

Just some pretty simple stuff like adding a new faction to the game, making the some playable and giving some factions new symbols. Just basic stuff.

ps I posted a good map in your forum if it will be of any help.

Default Re: The medieval Roman Empire's golden era...

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnflakes View Post
    I think there are too much factions in England
    what about this ones
    Orthodox :
    1. Roman Empire
    2. Armenia
    3. Georgia
    4. Bulgaria
    5. Serbia

Katholic :
    6. East Frankish Empire
    7. West Frankish Empire
    8. Asturias
    9. Burgundy
    10. Kingdom of Italy
    11. Moravia
    12. Wessex
    13. York
    14. Poland
    15. Papal State

Islamic :
    16. Abbaside Caliphate
    17. Tulunid Emirate
    18. Ummayad Emirate
    19. Aghlabid Emirate
    20. Idrisid Kingdom

Pagan :
    21. Magyars
    22. Kiev
    23. Khazar Khanate
    24. Seljuk Turks
    25. Pechenegs
    26. Vikings
    Has the team added the Sicelian Emirate and the Muslim prncipality of Handax(Crete island)?
    Also if there is a faction slot empty use it for the norman apearence in France or Better in central Italy after 940 ad!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

No there not include in the first release but I to want this in the game. I'll try my best to convince them.
    Why don't you help have a look here. http://www.modrealms.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Has the team added the Sicelian Emirate and the Muslim prncipality of Handax(Crete island)?
    Also if there is a faction slot empty use it for the norman apearence in France or Better in central Italy after 940 ad!
    Now you come to mention it Anthonius, I was just thinking about it. My idea was that if we moved our starting date to 909 we could replace the Aghlabids in Tunisia with the Fatimids, who would start off with several full stack armies with which to invade Egypt. The Aghlabids meanwhile would hold Sicily, plus Crete too, not entirely historical I admit, but probably better than just having Crete as an easily conquerable rebel region...
    On the other hand, it would mean we lost two other factions; namely Great Moravia, which fell to the Magyars in 906, and the Egyptian Tulunids, who were reconquered by the Abbasids in 905.
    So would everyone please tell me what they think of this idea?

Plus, thanks to Spartans Avenged, here are some early faction symbols he is working on. Rep him!

Roman Empire

Kingdom of Asturias and Galicia

The Danes

The Khazar Khanate
    Last edited by Giorgios; September 09, 2008 at 05:23 AM.

and in 900 as wessex you would only have Alfred the great for one year as he died in 901.

Heres a couple more of the factions symbols I made.

West Franks

East Franks

What do you think peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Now you come to mention it Anthonius, I was just thinking about it. My idea was that if we moved our starting date to 909 we could replace the Aghlabids in Tunisia with the Fatimids, who would start off with several full stack armies with which to invade Egypt. The Aghlabids meanwhile would hold Sicily, plus Crete too, not entirely historical I admit, but probably better than just having Crete as an easily conquerable rebel region...
    On the other hand, it would mean we lost two other factions; namely Great Moravia, which fell to the Magyars in 906, and the Egyptian Tulunids, who were reconquered by the Abbasids in 905.
    So would everyone please tell me what they think of this idea?

Plus, thanks to Spartans Avenged, here are some early faction symbols he is working on. Rep him!

Roman Empire

Kingdom of Asturias and Galicia

The Danes

The Khazar Khanate
    I agree proceed...Remamber after 940 Normans will apear as invading faction in central Italy also(like the mongols apear in vanilla)!

Nice faction symbols!