Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War

We are still friends but I want the mod to be acured
    The best maps available

MORAL

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Ok thanks for the maps! Have you registered on the new forum?

KoRnflakes's Avatar Senator

What do you think about this ones ?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I love the idea of an apocalyptical war between 'Great Bulgaria' and The Roman Empire
    Last edited by KoRnflakes; August 11, 2008 at 02:25 PM.
    Danke King Kong dass ich Third Age ab meinem Geburtstag zocken kann

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnflakes View Post
    What do you think about this ones ?

I love the idea of an apocalyptical war between 'Great Bulgaria' and The Roman Empire
    They are good
    MORAL

How do we show the decline of the empire after the reign of Simeon I ?
    (Civil wars and divison of the country )

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The best way will be that the brown area in the 2nd map ...

will be "rebels" as a gray zone between the two empires that will give the players the right time to expand and grow before get in a direct conflict with the other!According to that time historians cities often changed "camp" and allies between the two powers!
    Brown areas will give the player of each empire to learn how it expanted or survived in that major conflict!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The best way will be that the brown area in the 2nd map ...

will be "rebels" as a gray zone between the two empires that will give the players the right time to expand and grow before get in a direct conflict with the other!According to that time historians cities often changed "camp" and allies between the two powers!
    Brown areas will give the player of each empire to learn how it expanted or survived in that major conflict!
    Good idea Anthonius, I was thinking the Romans are a bit overpowered! Removing three or four provinces from them in the Balkans should help the situation...

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Good idea Anthonius, I was thinking the Romans are a bit overpowered! Removing three or four provinces from them in the Balkans should help the situation...
    that's true but I think that in Greece a few strong roman armies should stand as it is the most threatenend area
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by gogo t View Post
    We are still friends but I want the mod to be acured
    The best maps available
    Just to note that those maps aren't exactly the most accurate either, since they're not a map of a certain date, but a compilation map of a ruler's reign. And some changes are shown rather... "patriotically" - f.e. during Simeon's reign the Magyars took a part of the North-Western Bulgarian regions which are shown on those maps as under full Bulgarian control (i.e. as in the beginning of Simeon's reign). While on the other hand those brown areas down-south are of conquests (campaigns) and only under war-time "control" during the wars with Byzantium (i.e. after the wars ended they were returned to Byzantine control). So the mod's historical researchers should keep in mind that *all* historical maps usually have mistakes and therefore they should be further researched according to the mod's required date via historical events and literature, not just "historical maps" (even if they say they're for a certain date).

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Just to note that those maps aren't exactly the most accurate either, since they're not a map of a certain date, but a compilation map of a ruler's reign. And some changes are shown rather... "patriotically" - f.e. during Simeon's reign the Magyars took a part of the North-Western Bulgarian regions which are shown on those maps as under full Bulgarian control (i.e. as in the beginning of Simeon's reign). While on the other hand those brown areas down-south are of conquests (campaigns) and only under war-time "control" during the wars with Byzantium (i.e. after the wars ended they were returned to Byzantine control). So the mod's historical researchers should keep in mind that *all* historical maps usually have mistakes and therefore they should be further researched according to the mod's required date via historical events and literature, not just "historical maps" (even if they say they're for a certain date).
    This is true, but most of the maps I've seen show the First Bulgarian Empire being approximately this size in 900AD. Currently, my main problem is finding settlements for the Bulgarians to hold north of the River Danube... can anyone help me out?

What NikeBG said is quite right!
    Let's take an examble in main Greece!
    The city of Larissa was under bulgarian seige for 9months each year for 4 years..
    At the 4th year the city felt (see the map)but in less of few months the city was once again under byzantine control!
    In that war borders changed every month in 100 years with alliances,betrayals, battles etc!
    The city of Edessa changed side over 10 times in that war!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

For the Roman and Bulgarian experts, what do you think of this arrangement of Balkan cities at the start of the game?

ROMAN
    Constantinople
    Thessalonica
    Athens
    Corinth
    Dyracchium

BULGARIAN
    Naisso
    Serdica
    Preslav
    Mesembria
    Ochrid

REBEL
    Nikopolis
    Larisa
    Hadrianople
    Rausion
    Ras

(Names written in English to avoid confusion)

Fine with me...

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Currently, my main problem is finding settlements for the Bulgarians to hold north of the River Danube... can anyone help me out?
    Pick your choice!

That's great... I don't suppose you have a map like this in English?

Austrian General from TW-Zone wants to help as a reseacher
    He speaks perfekt English

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

That's great... I don't suppose you have a map like this in English?
    No, I have it only on Bulgarian and it would be quite quite difficult to edit the map and make it on English. But I can "translate" specific locations, if need be.

No, I have it only on Bulgarian and it would be quite quite difficult to edit the map and make it on English. But I can "translate" specific locations, if need be.
    Here is a rough draft of our map, based on Euratlas (so ignore the colours, our factions will not neccesarily follow the same limits)-- we need settlements to go in regions 71, 72, 76, 154, 159, 160, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 169, 170, 171, 174, 176, and 177. Can anyone help with any of these?

+rep for anyone who can!

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

I can't correlate the locations on the different maps very well, but I guess that for 164 we can have three eventual options (Tārgovişte, Kralevo and Severin), for 165 - Turda, for 163 - Belgorod.

I can't correlate the locations on the different maps very well, but I guess that for 164 we can have three eventual options (Tārgovişte, Kralevo and Severin), for 165 - Turda, for 163 - Belgorod.
    Thanks my friend +rep!
    Can anyone help with the others? The list of settlements can be seen on our subforum, the link is on my sig.