Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

KoRnflakes's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War

I lead the german forum, ok ?
    Danke King Kong dass ich Third Age ab meinem Geburtstag zocken kann

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes. But be sure to keep reporting back to the main forum, to avoid confusion!

So what happen when we get the forum here?
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

Then we have 3 forums ...

@giorgios: of course

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

what's the situation we have now? We have an idea for the map and most important an idea for a mod, a forum and a lot of info for a amount of countries that existed in our time span, do I miss something?? And another question What's the name we are going to use for the roman city/castle on the Peleponesus? Because I have read something about mystra or something like it. It was a very important citadel in the late period of the empire, don't no if that's also true for our situation but still.
    Last edited by Kallum; August 08, 2008 at 02:40 PM.
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I want to wish to the team good luck!
    It is an honor for me to see that many shear the same dream i had when i posted the 1st post in this!
    I will be around to help as far as i can!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Campidoctor

East of Rome + Rise of the Caliphate + Golden Age all doing the same period, and the funny thing is that none of them will be that great unless they get a bigger team, the problem is everyone is creating new mods, instead of supporting existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    East of Rome + Rise of the Caliphate + Golden Age all doing the same period, and the funny thing is that none of them will be that great unless they get a bigger team, the problem is everyone is creating new mods, instead of supporting existing ones.
    Rise of the Caliphate(632-860),Golden Ages (900-1070)...
    They could be a series but they are not at the same era!
    Even the byz roster will be diferent!
    So diferent that CBUR still reqruits modelers to have them acomblished!!
    As for East of Rome is a bit earlier i think!!:hmmm:
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Campidoctor

Why do you consider 900-1070 the golden age? To my knowledge they did not own as much land compared to like the Justinian period, but I am in no way knowledgeable on the Byzantines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallum View Post
    what's the situation we have now? We have an idea for the map and most important an idea for a mod, a forum and a lot of info for a amount of countries that existed in our time span, do I miss something?? And another question What's the name we are going to use for the roman city/castle on the Peleponesus? Because I have read something about mystra or something like it. It was a very important citadel in the late period of the empire, don't no if that's also true for our situation but still.
    we have a forum here

Why do you consider 900-1070 the golden age? To my knowledge they did not own as much land compared to like the Justinian period, but I am in no way knowledgeable on the Byzantines.
    The Byzantine Empire go to offensive and reconquered much land

The period 940-1025 was named as the byzantine golden age from many historians(Ostrogorski among them)and not by us!

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnflakes View Post
    The Byzantine Empire go to offensive and reconquered much land
    It was not only the military power of the Empire that made it Great!
    Byzantine Golden years were also known as Byzantine "Renaissance" both in literature and Arts
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

It's also the golden age of the Vikings and Bulgarians

Whats everyones(team members) task here ?

perhaps split 2 vikings in soem more factions like 2 or 3: 1 to go to england and 1 to go to east europe and even the baltic sea

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

Alright people to do the same thing Giorgios did with his faction

The Western Frankish Kingdom
    After the death of Charles the pious, the largest empire in Western-Europe since the Roman Empire that Charlemagne the Great had created was divided under his three sons. Charles the bald took control of the Western part of the former Frankish empire creating the idea of modern day France, and posted his seat of power in Paris.

However as with every enfant state, Francia Occidentalis or the Western Frankish Kingdom faces a number of threats that can't be underestimated. After the death of Charles the bald, his succesors are being faced with a sudden threath from the North, these men called themselves the Vikings and started a series of raids in the Frankish lands and even sacked Paris! They were given a small piece of land in the North, to protect the newly formed state from Saxon incursions, however their actions cannot be forgotten and they should never be allowed to escape the attention of a Frankish emperor.
    Beside the Vikings the Moors from the Iberian peninsula can become dangerous, as the Pyrenees are guarded by enfant states just as Francia Occidentalis.
    And then there are the other Frankish States, also enfant states and also ruled by kings and emperor's who just as eager are searching for ways to strenghten their position as ruler of a kingdom or empire.

The Franks are known as a infantry force who's skill and courage are highly known. However under Charlemagne the Great and his many wars with Nomad tribes from the east and Moors from the south, the Franks adapted their warfare unto these nations and they ass well started experimenting with cavalry, and the results were decive. The Frankish cavalry who 500 years later will be feared throughout the meditereanian. It will take a strong King or Emperor to neutralize these threats and to make the empire of the Franks one whole again
    Last edited by Kallum; August 08, 2008 at 04:07 PM.
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Ok now is the time to tell you what I think-
    If there are going to be "****bulgars" because the maps I saw are ****** than you can forget about our units, couse I did give you map of Bulgaria at it's greatness- golden ages \10th century\.
    Second- The first Bulgarian Empire was one of the three biggest powers \one of the three epmires\ in Europe- ERE, Frankish and Bulgarian Empires, so "****bulgars" if I see a single underrate of my nation- bye, bye bg units....

Last edited by Amroth; August 08, 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: censor bypass
    MORAL

Ok now is the time to tell you what I think-
    If there are going to be "****bulgars" because the maps I saw are ****** than you can forget about our units, couse I did give you map of Bulgaria at it's greatness- golden ages \10th century\.
    Second- The first Bulgarian Empire was one of the three biggest powers \one of the three epmires\ in Europe- ERE, Frankish and Bulgarian Empires, so "****bulgars" if I see a single underrate of my nation- bye, bye bg units....

What? Has someone said something offensive to you? I thought Bulgaria Total War was one of this mods closest friends?
    Please could you provide us with a more historically accurate map of Bulgaria in 900AD?

Quote Originally Posted by firekiller View Post
    perhaps split 2 vikings in soem more factions like 2 or 3: 1 to go to england and 1 to go to east europe and even the baltic sea
    Hey mate you seem to be a very clever person that is something good thanx. and gogo t no threats just discuss!!