Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

KoRnflakes's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    About extra provinces, remember there will be cities on Corcyra (Corfu) and Mytilene, as they were Roman themata at the time!
    What about Larissa ?
    Then Greece would be perfect
    Danke King Kong dass ich Third Age ab meinem Geburtstag zocken kann

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnflakes View Post
    What about Larissa ?
    Then Greece would be perfect
    Add all three of them...
    Larissa
    Metilene
    Corfu
    It would give larger conflict area for both Byzantines and Bulgars!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Personally I see no reason not to keep three or four factions in the British Isles, after all, unlike most of the rest of Western Europe, Britain was still made up of squabbling kingdoms in this period, the Dark Ages were darker here than in most other places.
    And Larisa will be added in the next map edit I do. Currently, I am colouring in all the "rebel" regions in grey, a slow and boring job, considering I am using Microsoft Paint!

KnightoftheNine from TotalWar-Zone want to join our team
    He has some modding skills
    - add new Provinces
    - change the map (?)
    (in deutsch: ''neue landschaften erstellen'')
    - and change unit skills and size
    and he speaks english, not perfect, but good enouth that you will understand him
    Last edited by KoRnflakes; August 07, 2008 at 07:22 AM.

Actually i would like to see 4 or 5 factions in the british isle + the danes and norse, but what would the rest of the team say about this matter? and btw can any one name the active individual team members at the moment?
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnflakes View Post
    KnightoftheNine from TotalWar-Zone want to join our team
    He has some modding skills
    - add new Provinces
    - change the map (?)
    (in deutsch: ''neue landschaften erstellen'')
    - and change unit skills and size
    and he speaks english, not perfect, but good enouth that you will understand him
    That sounds really good! Could you ask him if he could make us a campaign map based on the rough sketches I have produced??

Icedie, the main team members so far are you, Icefrisco, Kornflakes and I, plus Anthonius II and Gogo T, who are helping us out. In addition to this, there are the German members Kornflakes has told us about...

And also, is this map of the Danelaw in 900AD accurate? If Wessex is one British faction, what other three do you suggest?

@Kornflakes
    I thought that you're in the team too, aren't you?
    and you understood wrong ( Sorry I'm from germany simple past or past perfekt??) I'm not able to create new unit-skills, but maybe you didn't mean that

Ive never said that that you are able to creat new units

of course I'm in the team (look at Giorgios last post )

What about a own sub forum
    we need one !
    Last edited by KoRnflakes; August 07, 2008 at 07:54 AM.

I#'m already here!

@Kornflakes oh sorry I thought you have written "your team" but now I see it's "our team"
    I was not sure about "change unit skills" so I said it again
    Last edited by KnightoftheNine; August 07, 2008 at 07:58 AM.

Hello KnightoftheNine, welcome to the team! What modding skills do you have?

And Kornflakes, I'm pretty sure we have to wait three months for our own sub-forum. I'll PM a moderator and ask...

Hi Giorgios I'm happy to be in the team! I hope it isn't difficult to understand me

1. I can change the descr_strat so I can modify the start and ending date, the size and the department( right word??) of the settlements, the startingarmys of every faction, the money of the factions, the position of the resourses or the diplomacy( like england and france ar at war).
    2. I can modifiy the map. I'm able to make the map bigger and I can add new provinces.
    3. I'm able to vary the Skills of the Units( I can make them stronger or more men in one unit or change the quantity of the artillery)
    4. I can add or modify the factions
    5. I'm a history-freak^^
    6. I'm able to give the provinces other names like london is paris

that's the skill I dip( I have found the word by leo.org if its wrong i'm sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    I'll PM a moderator and ask...
    Thats what I wanted you to do

Quote Originally Posted by KnightoftheNine View Post
    Hi Giorgios I'm happy to be in the team! I hope it isn't difficult to understand me

1. I can change the descr_strat so I can modify the start and ending date, the size and the department( right word??) of the settlements, the startingarmys of every faction, the money of the factions, the position of the resourses or the diplomacy( like england and france ar at war).
    2. I can modifiy the map. I'm able to make the map bigger and I can add new provinces.
    3. I'm able to vary the Skills of the Units( I can make them stronger or more men in one unit or change the quantity of the artillery)
    4. I can add or modify the factions
    5. I'm a history-freak^^
    6. I'm able to give the provinces other names like london is paris

that's the skill I dip( I have found the word by leo.org if its wrong i'm sorry)
    Would you be able to do us a map please? Basically the original Medieval II total war map... only with no America, slightly more of the east, and all new regions and settlements?

I have already posted what I have in mind...

I've spoken to a moderator, apparently after three months, we apply for our own sub-forum. Basically, the more work we have to show, the better our chances of getting one, so if we have a finalised faction list, a map, some units etc by then, we have a good chance of getting our own sub-forum!
    Last edited by Amroth; August 08, 2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: dp

I can delate America, but its to difficult to make the map more in east. To make the east bgger I must create a complete new map.
    I need the new provinces-names to create the new settlemens can you give me a list?
    I have already some ideas:

We could stop the crusades ( I have an idea how!)
    we could delate all events like Mongols or "the world is round"
    have you some ideas for new events?

If I have the new names of the citys I can create the new map. But I can start work with write down the x-y-coordinates of the settlements, characters and armys. Its easy but very much work!

OK then, forget the eastern expansion.... can you translate a map like the one below into a campaign map? For now just do regions and settlements... I'll provide you with names etc
    We can add armies and stuff later? Ok?

KnightoftheNine-- can you start by deleting all settlements from the Vanilla campaign map? Then we can start building up a new one? Do you have MSN or something similar, it could make things easier...
    Last edited by Amroth; August 08, 2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: dp

yes i have MSN my adress is philip_strat@hotmail.de
    hm delate all settlements thats easy destroing is easy everytime^^

And also, is this map of the Danelaw in 900AD accurate? If Wessex is one British faction, what other three do you suggest?
    Yeah for what i know of, because at that 878 or so the wessex have made alliance with the souther Mecian half, rule by Eoldorman Æthelred who took Alfred the Great´s daughter Æthelflæid and years before that the northumbria half norse king so call Guthred was having support from the Wessex king so we can use that alliance as a Anglosaxon faction, but it´s not fair to call it Wessex nor Anglosaxons ´cause there were danes and saxons and some areas britons.
    So Engaland is n option but many people may complain about it! and the northen part of mercia remain in the danes hand toghether with the king Guthrum(he is also name Æthelstan his baptise name) of east Anglia, but it was not a northern mercia allied, it was more on the wessex side, so here is where i found a problem, Northumbria was also a very important faction, but they were mostly saxons, the gwynedd faction was also divided in some small groups but it seems that the britonics has madesome alliance with the norse men to fight the wessex but there were ather brits that support Alfred´s ambition to cristianize the whole island, so if we are going to put two scandinavian faction it would be fair to give it to the norwegian and the danes.
    Part of dublin would be in norse hand, part of Orkeney, iceland, norway, and part of mercia will be in danes hand, copenhagen region, and the island around it(still researching for the region names), then the Engaland(wessex, S mercia, and Northumbria) rebels the gwynedd, the Ui neil from ireland(not sure yet) Fortrui later change to alba after some event(not sure what yet)
    I am looking for some info about the strachklyde confederation so i can be sure of the region, and the east anglian could be another rebel faction.
    Knightofthenine
    can you make iceland available?
    Last edited by Icedie El Guaraní; August 07, 2008 at 01:14 PM.
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

to delate all settlements this map must be in one colour thats impossible. We must use this provinces and add some new. than we can edit the names its a way too isnt it?

http://www.pictureuploadx.de/img.php?id=d20cd31e99ef5b6
    Last edited by KnightoftheNine; August 07, 2008 at 12:54 PM.

Hi, two things...

Firstly, when writing can you please use paragraphs? It makes my eyes hurt reading what you've written!

Secondly, and more importantly, please could you tell me the names of three major Irish settlements in 900AD, ideally ones that correspond to the region boundaries I drew...

Thanks!

oops, that was supposed to be a PM... directed at you, icedie!
    Last edited by Amroth; August 08, 2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: dp

Quote Originally Posted by KnightoftheNine View Post
    We could stop the crusades ( I have an idea how!)
    look here : http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/th...FCge+entfernen

We need a threat were we show all our results
    like this :http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/th...tuser=0&page=1
    Last edited by KoRnflakes; August 07, 2008 at 01:58 PM.