Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

The Golden Ages team is proud to anounce..that the 1st
    Preview is released....
    Check it out here...
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 13, 2008 at 09:52 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Flogger's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The medeival Roman Empire's golden era...

You mean a Dark Ages mod? Charlemagne, Visigoths, the expansion of Islam etc.? Yeah, that would be very cool...
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

KoRnflakes's Avatar Senator

great idea !!!
    this type of modification for medieval 2:total war is still missing

do you want to connect this mod with C.B.U.R
    Danke King Kong dass ich Third Age ab meinem Geburtstag zocken kann

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

would be great to have a dark age modification, showin what the byzantines did in the dark ages, and how their empire gradually fell apart. nice idea, go for it!

Jwb187's Avatar Semisalis

this would be like a more western version of ROC, so that be cool, I love me some vikings, and the Byzantines are great too

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

He said "from Nikephorus Phokas to the defeat of Romanus IV in Matziquert", which (Nikephorus Phokas) is about a century and a half after Charlemagne's death. Though if it's from Nikephorus Genikos, then it's right in the times of Charlemagne, Krum, Harun al-Rashid etc (but exactly Genikos isn't much of a "golden era" example)... Mods in the middle "Dark Ages" are seriously missing. Actually, mods in the Dark Ages themselves are rather rare and almost all of them are either for the early or late Dark Ages, so something along 6-9c. would be quite cool, though perhaps "a bit" harder to make.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

good idea!

my mod is from 451-700 with a possible expansion but however Sicilian Vespers is developing a dark age campaign focusing on the Caroligians until some time like 1050 so Bagratuni is a kIngdom YAYA

The time frame could be from 900 to 1070 (maybe with 4 turns per year=680 turns)!
    In that time frame the great Frankish empire becomes many small states...
    The Saxons still rule England,Vikings settle in north France but allready have a large state from northern Russia to Krimaia but the start as vassals to the great Hannate of Chazars!,Bulgars and Serbs hold vast lands in northern and cetral Balcans and Bulgars are in war with the Roman Empire!
    Arabs have just lost(940) the principality of Chandax(island of Crete)but still contest with the Romans in the south Italy and they still hold Sicely!
    The Arabs are separated but still have huge states in almost all Iberian penisula,all northern Africa and afcourse in middle east...
    It is the time when the hords of the turkoman tribes emerge the middle east and anatolia(later as Seljucks)!
    Lombards still exist,late goths still defend northern spain and huge fleets of vikings still raid the mediteranean!
    In general lines this is the world in this time frame...
    I hope someone could lead this idea...CBUR project will have the right Roman units roster of this era in the team's disposal!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; July 20, 2008 at 10:05 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Basileos's Avatar Decanus

i find the idea excellent!this time does not only shows the golden years of byzantium,but that of the Ummayad Emirate (later Caliphate)(ps allies of byzantium) as well!
    it is a shame that there is no mod that begins in this period.perhaps because of all the units reskin work.
    well if you,anthonius,will be the leader of this mod(-idea),and if you have gathered a team with skinners and mappers etc.,than i would like to join your mod as a researcher.you know what i can research!

"I created disco"
    "**** Me I'm Famous"
    Al-Andalus/moorish researcher for DotS.
    Come and visite the DotS threads! : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...prune=-1&f=492

Well my EOR mod when completed i was thinking of a expansion which is from 700(when EOR finishes)- 1070(MTW2 starts) however i would expand the EOR Map(see sig) South so the entire arabia is on the map then Ummayad and Byzantium and Manzakert is shown detailed

also as i said Sicilian Vespers is creating a late dark age campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos View Post
    i find the idea excellent!this time does not only shows the golden years of byzantium,but that of the Ummayad Emirate (later Caliphate)(ps allies of byzantium) as well!
    it is a shame that there is no mod that begins in this period.perhaps because of all the units reskin work.
    well if you,anthonius,will be the leader of this mod(-idea),and if you have gathered a team with skinners and mappers etc.,than i would like to join your mod as a researcher.you know what i can research!
    Thanks mate...
    CBUR will develop the byzantine roster...but a team need alot of other moding teams work also...
    Who knows may be a moder of a great value will like the idea and gather a complete team (and you among them)!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The time frame could be from 900 to 1070 (maybe with 4 turns per year=680 turns)!
    In that time frame the great Frankish empire becomes many small states...
    The Saxons still rule England,Vikings settle in north France but allready have a large state from northern Russia to Krimaia but the start as vassals to the great Hannate of Chazars!,Bulgars and Serbs hold vast lands in northern and cetral Balcans and Bulgars are in war with the Roman Empire!
    Arabs have just lost the principality of Chandax(island of Crete)but still contest with the Romans in the south Italy and they still hold Sicely!
    The Arabs are separated but still have huge states in almost all Iberian penisula,all northern Africa and afcourse in middle east...
    It is the time when the hords of the turkoman tribes emerge the middle east and anatolia(later as Seljucks)!
    Lombards still exist,late goths still defend northern spain and huge fleets of vikings still raid the mediteranean!
    In general lines this is the world in this time frame...
    I hope someone could lead this idea...CBUR project will have the right Roman units roster of this era in the team's disposal!
    hahaha
    now you have the reason to creat a roster of the golden age

It was my intention all way back!See CBUR anounsing thread!

Default Re: The medieval Roman Empire's golden era...

Any ideas for a faction list?:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Any ideas for a faction list?:hmmm:
    how big will the map be ?

some factions:
    - roman empire
    - frankish empire (west and east)
    - bavaria
    - vangarians (kiev)
    - poland
    - burgundy
    - magyars
    - bulgaria
    - abbaside califate
    - ummayad emirate
    - croatia
    - pechenegs
    - armenia
    - asturias
    - moravia

Interesting...

Armenian Bagratuni Kingdom i could help there

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnflakes View Post
    how big will the map be ?
    how big ??? :hmmm:

The map will cover the world(exept america)the way vanilla MTW did!
    We can not exclude major factions or vast areas!
    Afcourse most the european factions will be "small"in territories!

Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast