Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Ages : Total War.1st Preview is released!!!

KoRnflakes's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Golden Ages : Total War

Do we need some reseacher ?
    There are some guys, who wants to help us
    Danke King Kong dass ich Third Age ab meinem Geburtstag zocken kann

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

nice project ad nice ideas!
    can|t wait to see a preview...

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

We need all the help we can get, Kornflakes, so if someone wants to help, let them!

And thanks Nevada. The map is being worked on by KnightoftheNine as we speak!

Ok
    Vespasian86 from TW-Zone wants to help as a reseacher
    He speaks English
    I tell him to registrate in TW-Center

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnflakes View Post
    Ok
    Vespasian86 from TW-Zone wants to help as a reseacher
    He speaks English
    I tell him to registrate in TW-Center
    OK then... I look forward to speaking to him! Ha this is wierd, I'm an Englishman leading a mod that is pretty much entirely German...

Is there anyone on the German sites who can mod?

I have an idea !
    You say we get our own subforum in 3 month ( a bit late ).
    What about opening a subforum in TW-Zone (we`ll get it in a few days) ?
    There we can get an internal Subforum were we can discuss in English.
    like this :
    Last edited by KoRnflakes; August 07, 2008 at 04:19 PM.

Oh sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough... is there anyone with an interest in Golden Ages who can mod? Besides KnightoftheNine

And also, do you think the Reconquista Total War people would be interested in helping us out? As you seem to be good friends with them, Kornflakes...

They finish reconquist soon
    Hmm...
    Im not sure
    I'll ask some of them

What about my idea
    when we are in TW-Zone you can ask Adorno (german-modding-god) yourself

That sounds like a great idea Kornflakes... you sort it out, you're the German expert!

Boemondo di Taranto's Avatar Laetus

Hi,
    i would like to help you if need help.
    The only thing i could help is creating new regions and cities.
    So if you want my help tell me pls.
    By the way I'm from Germany.

my TotalWar Zone name is Gottfried_von_Bouillon

What about my idea
    That´s good!

Groeten!!
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

I can't say I would mind giving a helping hand in regards to research to this mod. My specialities are the Irish language and history, and would be able to give you some information on the Ui Néill. I would also like to point out, that although churches in Celtic countries, and in England for that matter, may have had a different hierarchical and clerical structure from the continent at this stage, that technical they would not have been considered separate churches. The Celtic church in Ireland had conformed to Roman practice by 700, and in England since the synod of Whitby. Furthermore, since Cinaed had formed the Kingdom of Scotland in the 840s, there was no longer a separate Dal Riada or foirtriu. There were all the same nation from then onwards. Dal Riada in Ireland were never more than a subgroup of the Ulaid, who were in turn subservient to the Ui Néill so there is no reason why the should be represented in this mod.

One question that I am interested in though is, shall there be a Lotharingia?

ok
    I`ll ask for an subforum
    and you'll registrate in TW-Zone (please use the same name)

Quote Originally Posted by Boemondo di Taranto View Post
    Hi,
    i would like to help you if need help.
    The only thing i could help is creating new regions and cities.
    So if you want my help tell me pls.

my TotalWar Zone name is Gottfried_von_Bouillon
    Hi, we already have someone working on regions and cities, but his computer seems to be a bit broken... Would you like to have a go? Try starting off adding the British regions on the map below... You'll have to research exactly where the cities go yourself, but that shouldn't take too long...
    Oh, and welcome to the team! Put us on your signature!

Quote Originally Posted by riadach View Post
    I can't say I would mind giving a helping hand in regards to research to this mod. My specialities are the Irish language and history, and would be able to give you some information on the Ui Néill. I would also like to point out, that although churches in Celtic countries, and in England for that matter, may have had a different hierarchical and clerical structure from the continent at this stage, that technical they would not have been considered separate churches. The Celtic church in Ireland had conformed to Roman practice by 700, and in England since the synod of Whitby. Furthermore, since Cinaed had formed the Kingdom of Scotland in the 840s, there was no longer a separate Dal Riada or foirtriu. There were all the same nation from then onwards. Dal Riada in Ireland were never more than a subgroup of the Ulaid, who were in turn subservient to the Ui Néill so there is no reason why the should be represented in this mod.

One question that I am interested in though is, shall there be a Lotharingia?
    Ok, thanks for the info regarding churches! I wasn't completely sure... No, Lotharingia won't be in, as it was divided up in 870AD at the Treaty of Mersen, and our mod begins in 900AD. Sorry! Would you like to join the team?
    Last edited by Amroth; August 08, 2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: dp

Hi, i've benn talking to kornflakes in the total war-zone-forum. He said i could help you in researching about the different factions except of the byzantines. I'm quite interested in medieval history and could provide you with some good information if you want so. I'm also starting to learn skinning new units but i'm still beginning and trying out GIMP. Seems to be pretty complicated.

Sounds good Vespasian68, which factions would you like to research? Researchers for the Muslim factions would be good, but tell me which ones you would like to do, and I will tell you if someone is already doing them or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Ok, thanks for the info regarding churches! I wasn't completely sure... No, Lotharingia won't be in, as it was divided up in 870AD at the Treaty of Mersen, and our mod begins in 900AD. Sorry! Would you like to join the team?
    Pity it would have been fun.

900 is a very interesting time in Irish history, the doctrine of the High-Kingship had been established and the Uí Néill were becoming more ruthless and employing more realpolitik to establish their hegemony over the other kingdoms. However, it also sees a strengthening of these kingdoms in response and then a virtual revolution (or usurption, depending on your point of view) in the guise of Brian Bóroimhe. It also sees the start of employing viking tactics and weaponry in Irish warfare as well as the growth of the Ostmen towns, exposing Irish culture to external influences on a level never achieved before. I would loved to provide help to any team which wished to depict these events.

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

Giorgos I'm Dutch so no worries not all is german
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

Quote Originally Posted by riadach View Post
    Pity it would have been fun.

900 is a very interesting time in Irish history, the doctrine of the High-Kingship had been established and the Uí Néill were becoming more ruthless and employing more realpolitik to establish their hegemony over the other kingdoms. However, it also sees a strengthening of these kingdoms in response and then a virtual revolution (or usurption, depending on your point of view) in the guise of Brian Bóroimhe. It also sees the start of employing viking tactics and weaponry in Irish warfare as well as the growth of the Ostmen towns, exposing Irish culture to external influences on a level never achieved before. I would loved to provide help to any team which wished to depict these events.
    Well I think there's only going to be one Irish faction--sorry-- but several factions in the British Isles to fight with!

Oh sorry, but I'm german too . I'd like too do some research about the vikings or the east frankish empire but the Ummayid Emirate of Cordoba would be interesting too. I've found a nice map here:
    http://www.euratlas.com/history_euro..._map_0900.html