Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RELEASED: ---= Knights Templar Minimod =--- v0.5 beta

Default Re: RELEASED: ---= Knights Templar Minimod =--- v0.5 beta

<---- is playing a campaign right now

I will let you know how it ends up going .

Can you post some thoughts on the game so far? What yr are you in, and what units are your main force? How is the general "feel" and the balance compared to other factions?

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

callador this is the most goreus beatufull mod i have ever seen
    you are a modding god but could you add the templar gaurd back in with better skins, they were awsome HUGE PROPS DUDE SWEET MOD PERFECT WEAPONS AND SKINS:usflag:

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Calidor View Post
    Can you post some thoughts on the game so far? What yr are you in, and what units are your main force? How is the general "feel" and the balance compared to other factions?
    I'm in turn 244. Currently holding 40 provinces. My main force consists of knights templars and hospitallers, both mounted and dismounted. Including a few longbowmen and sometimes a voulgier or two. Your mod gave me a outremere feel i haven't felt in any other mods. Thats good
    As for balance, yes game is fairly simple. Since the now improved templar action has lots of well armoured troops from turn 100+ onwards. Struggle in early game yes...but once those powerful guys come out, i start destroying the poorly armoured eastern armies. I thus got 28 provinces i less than 50 turns. Maybe you can balance them a little more? Overall i'm liking this and will continue to play it for awhile. I hope you'll keep improving on this promising mini-mod.
    A side note, i noticed the dismounted lazarus knights have some weapon models missing. Out of a force of 200 guys, about 1/10th of them are holding nothing. Maybe you can look into it if you don't mind.

Hope my comments helped.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Thnx, they did. You mean dism. St.Lazarus with 2H axes?

As for balance, I could make the knights available with less armour initially, and with lower replacement rate.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Thnx, they did. You mean dism. St.Lazarus with 2H axes?

As for balance, I could make the knights available with less armour initially, and with lower replacement rate.
    Yup, they were the ones. The mounted ones are okay though.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

hey um i like to mess around and cheat so could anyone give me the original unit names for all the templar guys

Quote Originally Posted by pat2415 View Post
    hey um i like to mess around and cheat so could anyone give me the original unit names for all the templar guys
    Look in data\text\export_units.txt file, and search each new unit name. In the parenthesis {unit name} you can see the old name.

my feelings so far is that there is a very steep power curve. What I mean by this is that the templars feel somewhat weak in the beginning and things can be a struggle, but as soon the heavy knights started rolling in, it was over.

But in a way, I dont think that is your fault...more on the whole sucky nature of the egyptian mid and late game.

My advice would be to smooth out the power curve by gradually offering the knights while putting triggers on increased recruitment/refreshment rates.

i got a question for the installation part. I reinstalled everything and i want to install this .. do i have to download and apply the patch in the first post if i don't have RAJ 1.3 installed. I currently only have SSTC installed, do i still need the patch or not ? thanks in advance ...

@ the42up. I agree, order knights are powerhouses compared to mid-game muslim units. I'll probably tweak the pools/replacement rates as you suggested, so they retain elite level, but are available in lower numbers. I'm also thinking abt shifting back the date at which dismounted knights become available, by 20-30 yrs or so.
    How is their economy going? Are you able to afford many expensive knight units?

@ Knimlot. Yes, you need the patch to fully enjoy the benefits of SSTC.

thanks for the reply ...

i was wondering, if this mod is compatible with battle of the baltic mod, i read that it was in progress but can i combine it without any problems ? i really wanted to try both mod right now ..

Wolfgrin's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by knimlot View Post
    i was wondering, if this mod is compatible with battle of the baltic mod, i read that it was in progress but can i combine it without any problems ? i really wanted to try both mod right now ..
    I was just going to ask the same question. I'd love to go from my Teuton campaign to this Templar one (which, as others have said, looks bloody gorgeous.)

Also, in my SS 6.1 games, the Fatamids, Turks and Kwarezmians are fielding mounted/dismounted ghulams in abundance by mid game. You NEED heavy knights to deal with those dudes, especially when the enemy army is 40-60% ghulam.

i just want the templar units i cant find em all,

Merging the Battle of the Baltic and Templars is a definitive plan. I'll get down to it when I find some spare time.

could you send me the files of the weapons?? if its not to much trouble that is... bc i realy dont ne desire to play as the templar, but do not be mistaken i think your mod is excellent! I just dont want to download the whole thing and the hunt down those weapons to put on other units... but neways even if you dont + rep! and great mod!
    Κροατία μέσα σώμα , Ελληνικός σε καρδιά.

hope thats right...

Great mod Lord_Calidor love the new units ..however I have a question, I want to implement the Solomon templar guard , Rhodes Guard, into the Jerusalem faction I was abble so far to make the units work in custom battle but not in the campaign...besides description unit txt and buildings.txt what other files do I have to modify in order to make them playable in campaign..any help will be appreciate.thank you

@ the42up. I agree, order knights are powerhouses compared to mid-game muslim units. I'll probably tweak the pools/replacement rates as you suggested, so they retain elite level, but are available in lower numbers. I'm also thinking abt shifting back the date at which dismounted knights become available, by 20-30 yrs or so.
    How is their economy going? Are you able to afford many expensive knight units?

The economy leaves a bit to desire, but once the knights start rolling in, they practically pay for themselves through conquest.

And like I said before, I thought about it and really the same thing would happen if you were to situate the german, english, or french faction right in the middle of the middle east. As soon as those 3 hit the mid game, they would just stomp all over the islamic factions as well.

hey i have the units figuered out but i have an idea

but i keep on gettin ignored for some reason ???