Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Multiple Roman Factions

Default Re: Multiple Roman Factions

Quote Originally Posted by John-117 View Post
    i think the roman civil war should be represented by something similar to timurids and mongols, with 2-4 factions appearing out of nowhere by historically accurate cities, with private armies that are unbribable. then they would begin attacking your armies all over italy, and wouldn't get navies or anything, and would be limited to only italy. then it could recreate the civil war in a sort of good way.
    Never!
    I'd (and I think most of the EB team, if not every EB member) would dislike it if Roman rebels just suddenly came out of nowhere, even if Rome itself had been destroyed by Carthage, Macedonia or the Gauls. I'd say rebel faction stacks can be utilized just as well, and we could add more factions instead.

Start or hope for someone to make a Rome-focused minimod instead for EB2.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Making all factions "horde" would mean that if their former settlement rebels, it doesn't rebel to Eleutheroi but instead recreates the faction that held this city. It would be a much better way of resurrecting factions than spawning random stacks for them out of nowhere.

So for example a rebellion in annexed by Rome Carthage would respawn Qart-Hadast owning this city instead of making it a rebel city.

I think that might be an excellent feature and if it's not done in vanilla EB2, I'll mod it myself.

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I agree, reemerging factions would make the game better. And more realistic, say that Makedonia has occupied all of Greece. And Sparte rebels then it doesn't go to the Euletheroi but to the Koinen Hellenon. Which will now be at war with Makedonia. It would make the game more interesting as well, as leaving tiny garrisons in occupied territory is a risk.

I agree with Delra. That's a fantastic idea.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

John-117's Avatar Ordinarius

why don't you say sparta? that's the universally accepted name
    Save a stripper, read a Playboy!
    Upon the invention of the internet, the Earth's rotation has been propelled solely by English teachers rolling in their graves.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

There are different dialects. It can be Sparta/Sparte/Sparti. Sparte is how the Spartans would have spelt (transliterated) it during this particular time period.

John-117's Avatar Ordinarius

but that doesn't mean we have to say it like that. if someone says sparta, everybody here knows that it is sparte in EB.
    Save a stripper, read a Playboy!
    Upon the invention of the internet, the Earth's rotation has been propelled solely by English teachers rolling in their graves.

They are going with historical accuracy, they will call it what they want to call it.
    Worst part of trying to express a point is when someone says what you said better and gets praised.

John, it would please most everyone if you stopped arguing semantics.

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

No more than one Roman faction - but the civil wars need to be represented.

And in that, we have the most concise statement and the only necessary one.

Game of the Fates

Quote Originally Posted by John-117 View Post
    but that doesn't mean we have to say it like that. if someone says sparta, everybody here knows that it is sparte in EB.
    john...
    youre starting to piss me off with all these suggestions and things that you dont like about eb2.
    if you dont like eb2 the way it looks and sounds... go and find another mod ...
    dont just troll with posts like those..
    if they call it Sparte , its because they want it likethat not because you didnt like that.

Well said Eddy. John, you are vexing me quite a lot. I ask you again, please stop with your suggestions until you back them up with something more than "coolness".

And as earlier, stop arguing semantics.

Game of the Fates

Quote Originally Posted by vonVince View Post
    but the civil wars need to be represented.
    That is where I disagree with you and I am sure a lot of others do to. The way I look at the Total War series is you taking the steering wheel of a nation in whatever time period and guiding it according to your vision. So who is to say that in my version of Rome they had civil wars. What if my Consuls and Senators placed laws making civil wars more difficult and so Rome's government continued to be a Republic. If you want a civil war let some provinces rebel, edit some text files, give them some troops, and roleplay a civil war.

"I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun."- Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    So who is to say that in my version of Rome they had civil wars. What if my Consuls and Senators placed laws making civil wars more difficult and so Rome's government continued to be a Republic. If you want a civil war let some provinces rebel, edit some text files, give them some troops, and roleplay a civil war.
    You can still represent civil wars, if your unable to maintain the loyalty of you generals and people then civil war will happen, they won't be the same civil wars that happened in history, the Total war series is about making history youself and I don't see how representing civil wars will do anything to stop that.
    Last edited by lenin96; January 14, 2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    You can still represent civil wars, if your unable to maintain the loyalty of you generals and people then civil war will happen, they won't be the same civil wars that happened in history, the Total war series is about making history youself and I don't see how representing civil wars will do anything to stop that.
    Yes, that is very true and although that probably will not become a serious problem it still could cause an inconvienance. Say the general was protecting part of the frontier and he rebeled, thus allowing stacks of the enemies to enter your territory. Anyways nice post +REP.

"I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun."- Andrew Jackson

Icon7 Re: Multiple Roman Factions

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Say the general was protecting part of the frontier and he rebeled, thus allowing stacks of the enemies to enter your territory. Anyways nice post +REP.
    Yeah that would be kind of annoying but it could add more stratergy, you could keep your disloyal generals close and the loyal ones to go on campaigns.
    You posted some good reasons though +REP
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

joemo's Avatar Tiro

you guys are wasting your time (so am i but ohwell) even if there was infinite factions that would not happen i dont think anyway carthage was kind of like rome but worse they lost the punic wars from the rivalry between the barcas and hanno the great (dont think he is great) in the first punic war hanno wanted peace hamilcar(hannibals father) wanted war so while hamilcar was in sicily hanno keeped the fleet in carthage to stop supplys i think alowing time for rome to build up and ultimatly win sea superiority.

in the second punic war when hannibal destryoed rome at cannae hanno did not send reinforcements ultimately unable to seige rome and eventurly defeat then in the thrd punic war carthage had no chance because of the rivalry. and yet no one says make two carthage factions and the point of this was not to say include a second carthage faction but that rome was not the only one and its a mod for fairness and historical accuracy not a all rome mod
    Last edited by joemo; January 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM.
    my zero turn recruitment mod for eb click on the smily
    click on this smiley for no clamour for reform

Well said, Joemo.

Game of the Fates

joemo's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cursed View Post
    Well said, Joemo.
    thanks
    my zero turn recruitment mod for eb click on the smily
    click on this smiley for no clamour for reform

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234