Thread: Internet connection

Default Internet connection

Hi there, I just wanted to know if someone of you knows what's the lowest internet connection that you could afford to play a medium game in multiplayer, I can live with some minor lag. My current internet connection is,,,,hem....let's say max I can download a file is 30 kb/s. Not very fast wouldn't you agree. ( mock me go ahead cuz I used to do that with lagers)

--extra reading---------------------------------------

Playing the campaign is an experience(role playing mostly and admiring the next mod's units), but playing on-line is the ultimate experience you can have with Rome total war in my opinion. Is about testing skills, trying to emulate famous gerals tactics and alot more. And I used to have such an adrenaline rush
    I used to play with a T1 and had alot of fun. I favored though battles with multi opponents, since my connection was good. And was always fun, even if I lost. At least there was someone to share your defeat.

I used to play back in the 2006. There were major players,but I'm afraid most of them don't play Rome anymore., I was an average. But I "invented" a trick, hiding berserkers in two units of cav, which were left far away to lure the enemy into attacking them. Sometimes worked.
    I don't know but reading in these forums that there's still a comunity that plays Rome on-line got me exited and I really want to test my abilities once again, and experience the fear you experience when you know you are playing agaist an experienced player.
    I watched some videos of Prince of Macedon, and I learned a trick to move the units with the alt+click.Thankful for that.
    I hope I'll be able to play on-line again, and meet you guys.

xhaxhi Skenderbeu

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: Internet connection

Well, if you're deciding to re-enter the world of multiplayer, then welcome. As for your connection, I'm not sure if your internet speed actually effects how much lag you get. But occasionally, after lots of downloading, my download rate goes below 30kb/s and I can still play RTW 1 vs 1 fine. But then again, since I'm not a great player against more than one or two armies, I usually don't play anything bigger than 2 vs 2, so I'm not really sure.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

I'm not sure, man. The best thing you can do is to go online, and see how well you can run a game.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Decanus

People play with Dial up even so i am sure your connection will be fine. Rome only really has a problem with routers normally and thats 9 times out of 10 solved by setting a static ip...

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I use errrr...i think its....4mb Fibre Optic Broadband, and i can play in 3v3 Huge battles without hardly any lag at all!!

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by msTubbZ View Post
    People play with Dial up even so i am sure your connection will be fine.
    I think I've played a few people with dial-up. I was so tempted to hit "kick player." But I didn't
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader