Thread: Game CTD Due To Macedonian Model Error

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Game CTD Due To Macedonian Model Error

When ever I go to fight against Parthia and pontus I recieve an error saying failed to find texture 'data/rtr/models_unit/textures/unit_macedon_pike_phalanx.tga'.

Is there a solution or a file which can fix this, perhaps I could get the model file from another user that has no problems.

I cant find it in the export_descr_unit file either so that might be the problem...

Im in the 5-10th year, playing as Armenia and am surrounded by both Parthia and Pontus.
    Last edited by Lord Dakier; July 18, 2008 at 07:33 AM. Reason: New data

Default Re: Game CTD Due To Macedonian Model Error

You`ve done changes to your game. With vanilla RTRPE it shouldn`t happen. Start by posting what have you modded or installed on top and maybe someone can figure out what the issue is.

I have three different folders of vanilla and one for mods.

Originally i had 4 vanillas... I opened up export_descr_unit and looked at the Cretan Archers. i modified information not knowing what it would do in the game. After realising it done nothing I installed all the Total Realisms... up to platinum 1.9 to the point where I had this problem. The file I messed about with at the start should of been modified with RTR mod. I look at the export_descr_unit and the Macedonian pikemen arent even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    I installed all the Total Realisms... up to platinum 1.9 to the point where I had this problem.
    I presume you`ve also installed RTR 6.x or 6 Gold versions prior to RTRPE which may be why you get the issue. Still, you gave no details so I can`t be sure.

This is from a problem I have with Exrm however the Platinum problem spawns from this aswell

I install Rome TW... patch it to 1.3 to 1.5, works fine. Install RTR platinum 1.9... 1st problem Macedonian pikemen model error. *Hmmm is'nt even in the export_descr_unit... ok in Exrm it will replace it anyway...* After installing Exrm I patch it to the latest version where it can no longer find the mount model.

to delete the text you mentioned I went onto edit and replace text... typed in the text e.g. can_swim moved the cursor down to where it said replace. I then left it blank so it would dissappear.

Im lost with whats going on...