Thread: Where to retrain my units?

Default Where to retrain my units?

Hi! I hope My question hasn't been answered before - if so, I apologize, but I have searched the forum and read the readmes but have found nothing.

What I am looking for is some sort of list or rule of thumb where I can retrain my units. I really love the multitude of different units in IJ but.. it takes a lot of time to find a fitting settlement where you can retrain your 13 veteran legio lanciari.. (haven't found one yet )

To make things worse, there are units with the same name but different pictures which makes retraining even more difficult.

I am trying to relocate troops so that every army can retrain in nearby settlements, but I still don't quite understand what to do in oder to be able to recruit legions or cohorts. It seems like its working in some settlements, in others - especially further away from rome or constantinople - it doesn't.

Other than that: Great mod, I really love it!!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Where to retrain my units?

Quote Originally Posted by Gildesh View Post
    Hi! I hope My question hasn't been answered before - if so, I apologize, but I have searched the forum and read the readmes but have found nothing.

What I am looking for is some sort of list or rule of thumb where I can retrain my units. I really love the multitude of different units in IJ but.. it takes a lot of time to find a fitting settlement where you can retrain your 13 veteran legio lanciari.. (haven't found one yet )

To make things worse, there are units with the same name but different pictures which makes retraining even more difficult.

I am trying to relocate troops so that every army can retrain in nearby settlements, but I still don't quite understand what to do in oder to be able to recruit legions or cohorts. It seems like its working in some settlements, in others - especially further away from rome or constantinople - it doesn't.

Other than that: Great mod, I really love it!!
    To retrain your troops you need to build better training grounds and especially armouries. You will already know that units are limited in where they can be recruited. The mod starts with legio lanciarii, but there are no recruiting grounds as yetas you have to build them. If you want to know where these will be you can look at the export description building txt file.

Hope this helps.

Default Re: Where to retrain my units?

Quote Originally Posted by Gildesh View Post
    What I am looking for is some sort of list or rule of thumb where I can retrain my units.
    Hi Gildesh.
    The complicated IJ recruitement is really great once you know it a little better.

As for the Legio Palatina, there are six different:
    The Herculianii Seniores, the red ones, training in Ravenna.
    The Herculianii Juniores, the light blue ones, training in Nicomedia.
    The Jovianii Seniores, the dark blue ones, training in Verona (Northern Italy).
    The Jovianii Juniores, the yellow-ish ones, training in Constantinople.
    The Lanciarii Seniores, yellow/red lines on the shield, training in Rome.
    The Julianus Armatus, blue/yellow, training in Antiochia.

The Legio Lanciarii you can retrain in the two regions that border Constantinople.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; July 21, 2008 at 07:09 PM.