Thread: cant start SS 6.1

Icon5 cant start SS 6.1

I have MTW2 gold and kingdoms is patched to what ever is the most recent. 1.05 i think. MTW2 is not patched though. I installed SS 6.0 and the patch but when i try to start the game securom comes up and says that i have the wrong disk inserted. i have the dvd version and i tried it with both disks and in both trays but it thinks i have the wrong disk.
    P.S i have Burekks (sry if i spelled that wrong) Knights and Knaves and crimson tide 3.0, and custom campaign mod 2 (it dosent work either) but thats it.

P.S.S it does the same thing with custom campaign mod 2
    Last edited by cj1122; July 16, 2008 at 02:45 PM.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: cant start SS 6.1

Try cleaning (carefully) your DVD - dirty DVDs get error reports.

Also make sure you don't have any process monitor / file monitor type progs running in the background as secuROM doesn't like them (you can, however enable them for bug checking purposes, once the game is running.)

Friesian's Avatar Libertus

Also make sure you use the kingdoms disk and not the M2TW disk. SS runs on a clean install of M2TW and Kingdoms.

As rozanov said, SecuROM and similar things can be making the game sad, so also check so you do not run any virtual cd/dvd-rom emulators, like daemon tools or Alchohol120%. I get these messages if I have daemon running. (I have bought both medieval and kingdoms)