37 25.52%
  • Solanki Rajputs

16 11.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WEAKEST FACTION IN BC

anaztazioch's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: WEAKEST FACTION IN BC

Sindh biggest weakness - small number of castles. 1 Starting and 1 bordering with MAD ghodids and Delhi. Barelly can recruit any army.

Makurian weakness - theri cavalry power is weak and dont have good armor, but 3 castles can provide enough troops.

Oman weakness - pooply developed cities, without Calula and ivory they "dont have" economy. Weak units, and Abbassids very likelly to attack. Seljuks/Ghazni also like war if you expand in Iran.

But a good player can win without recruiting units in castles, onyl starting stack, command on battle and mercenaries are enough and isolated position only secures your homeland.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

BLASPHEMY!!!!! Who voted for ERE!?!!! You gotta be on drugs if you think ERE is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by roy34543 View Post
    I like your avatar chilly5. Gotta love that little robot. Do you happen to use it on the mount and blade forums too?
    as for the topic the makurians and the omanites are the weakest in my opinion. just bad units.
    Haha, yah I'm in love with this little robot too. Ever since seeing wall-e I started a whole...revolution every single avatar I have from taleworlds to counter-strike and msn is now EVE.

I still dont get it? Sindh seems very powerful to me, definetly not something I was expecting. Their units are powerful and...I doubt their starting position is that bad?

Btw- As far as Calula goes...is it best to conquer it or just to send merchants there?

Imamate of Oman is leading in this pool. Finally they have something to be

proud of
    Last edited by JERUSALEM; July 16, 2008 at 12:38 PM.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Calula should be conquered. merchant in rebel/enemy regions provide less money, than in neutral or those with trade rights

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

well they aren't that weak,first you have to capture all of Arabia,including mecca,medina,establish good relations with the Abbasids,seljuks.
    if the Abbasids are in bad positions,capture basra without any hesitaion,and Ally yourself with whoever fights the Abbasids.
    also try to co-operate with they Ayyubids to invade the kingdom of Makuria.
    about hormuz -your only foot in persia- try to offer it to the supreme power in this region ''Seljuks/Kwarezm'' and ask Alliance instead cuz you will lost it eventually,and don't forget to sell all the buildings in the city before you surrender it,you will benifit from this Alliance later,when they attack the Abbasids,southern Iraq will be easy to conquer,thus you control all of Arabia+southern Iraq+North sudan not bad at all.

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

Dude, i play as Makuria, and i have Quarahira, Alexandria, Daymut, Bilabers and San'a from Ayyubids.

Does this mean that Makuriansa re strong ? NO!
    I was allies with them and declared war vs KoJ, i moved my army and attacked Luxor with just 3 skirmishers and bodyguard (1 turn of siege and attack), Quarahira with 3 stacks of random cheap units (1 turn of siege, Quarahira gets LOTS of garison spawnings). The turn i captured Luxor and Quarahira i moved to siege Bilabers and Daymut (also 1 turn of siege) after that Alexandria as KoJ put pressure on Gaza and Ayyubids coudlnt reinforce me (allied my self with KoJ at that time). The turn i captured Alexandria i also captured San'a (Yemen, next to Adana and that castle). Ayyubids now have only Arabian shore, Mecca, Medina ans thatc astle, as Abbassids joined me and KoJ.
    Thats not STRONG faction, thats stupid AI. Luxor had 2 saracen militia in garison, Quarahira only 1 general bodyguard and strongly weakened Mamluk Axemans. Bilabers managed to get 3 nubian archers, 1 jund spearman. Damyut had some troops that lost fight with KoJ and retreated there. Alexandria had like 3 saracens in...

Makuria would "never" beat Ayyubids head on, or Ayyubid player.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Makuria would "never" beat Ayyubids head on, or Ayyubid player.
    I agree 110%. There is no way that Makurians will ever beat Ayyubids.
    C'mon, Makurians to beat the soldiers of Saladin.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Voted for them all except .
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

In terms of military might, I would say that the weakest factions are Oman and Sindh, but in terms of starting pos its Armenia and Georga, in Terms of advancement(IE later on in the game) I think that the KOJ and Kyphacks are the weakest simply because they Don't get cataphracts and every other faction around them does.

Well the KOj gets a half-cat but this is very late in the game.

Well, I'm playing as Sindhon VH/H and their starting position is far from ideal.

It's fairly dull though, as all I'm doing is using my diplomats to play the Ghazi, Ghorids and Rajputs off against each other, as my army is totally rubbish.

It will get better when my castles become fortresses, but a strong Ghorid or Ghaznavid invasion will cause me some problems.

I still can't believe someone voted for the ERE!

I voted for Sindh because they get pwned in evry my game (not by me)

I still can't believe someone voted for the ERE!
    Me neither.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

Play as Turks or Kypchaks and rush ERE, you will se that they are one of the weakest faction to rush.

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Maybe a bit OT, but since I mentioned the Malikate of Sindh I'll just ask it here. Why did u guys call them a Malikate, I was talking to someone who lived in Pakistan on hamachi and he mentioned Sindh and I said "oh u mean the malikate of sindh?" and he said that there was no Malikate there, care to elaborate please?

Play as Turks or Kypchaks and rush ERE, you will se that they are one of the weakest faction to rush.
    I did and in many ways ERE was unbeatable. Especially against the Kypchaks.

Maybe a bit OT, but since I mentioned the Malikate of Sindh I'll just ask it here. Why did u guys call them a Malikate, I was talking to someone who lived in Pakistan on hamachi and he mentioned Sindh and I said "oh u mean the malikate of sindh?" and he said that there was no Malikate there, care to elaborate please?
    Because that part of India was ruled by the Muslim prince or Malik. Thats why his realm is called Malikate.

CHEERS
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

@ eggthief

Malik is a king in arabic or something like that. Malikanate is some sort of kingdom, but i dont know weather malikanate was a name, or is a "late" name, like Bizantyum.

@ The Noble Lord

Get assassins before strong troops. Spam them, its muche asier to kill thei Bodyguards with assassins than in combat.

Kingdom of Makuria i belive
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Haha at this moment there is no way you can rush the ERE and be successful, I tried once as Turks and kept getting bogged down in a siege fest in western anatolia. Eventually their stupid bodyguards killed enough of my troops to force my depleted armies back. As well their economy seems to be actually going somewhere unlike mine raking in enough to build decent siege armies per turn whether despite owing most of eastern Anatolia, I cannot beat them back.

As for Kypchaks its meaningless rushing them cause they have bodyguards which attrition you initial army enough so that you have little to no troops left. Also you have craptastic initial infantry so that you cannot do anything but siege the damn town for 5 turns till it surrenders or you force them to come out and fight.

Quote Originally Posted by eggthief View Post
    We went with Malikate (Kingdom, basically) as there wasn't enough information to discern whether the Soomro or Sumra Dynasty ruling Sindh was a sultanate, Kingdom, or whatever. It's quite possible given they remained a Rajput Identity (Rajputs seem to often identify themselves as Rajput first, Muslim or Hindu or Sikh or Jainist second) and would have been whatever the Rajput word for kingdom is.

Try mentioning Soomro or Sumra, however they are relatively obscure enough that people may not know who they are.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast