Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf Model

Default Dwarf Model

ok so this is a Dwarf model im working on, he does not have a beard yet, and is not skinned yet, please give feed back and any tips, thank you for your time.

screenshots:

Groovy

Default Re: Dwarf Model

the model needs to be improved but it looks good as a WIP. is that milkshape that you are using? You need to add some features to the face and the beard as you mentioned. Keep on practicing and it will turn out great.

^thanks

Groovy

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

keep on going, no mater what others say, practice makes, perfact, and none of the great modelers out there were any better the you when he or she started, +rep for your ability to take criticizem!
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

^wow, thanks, +rep for being so generous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groovy

Its not being generous its the truth. Some people may try to talk you down but dont listen to them. You keep focused and one day they will probably be asking you to join their mod as a modeler.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Do you have a sketch you are working from?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

@unboundhitman thanks, ill take those words into mind, +rep!!!!!!!!!

oh and no, am i supposed to work off a sketch?

Groovy

if you have a front and side sketch it makes the modeling easier

oh ok, ill try it out.

Groovy

but what program is it?

what program do i use to model? if thats what your asking milkshape.

Groovy

I don't recall any horned helmets in Middle-Earth. Gimli and the dwarves at the council at Rivendell didn't have horned helmets as I recall, and this mod is supposed to be based on the movies (I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere).

Well the dwarves at Rivendell weren't all the dwarves in middle earth now were they?

@ kirrix, i accaully based my model on a picture of a elite warrior unit from moria, and they had horns.

Groovy

To UnboundHitman08: True enough.
    To Soul Reapir: Ahhhh. Forgive my ignorance.

The movies didnt show that much of dwarves other than the rivendell meeting and gimli.

yes, no problems kirrix, i acaully had to research a bit on dwarves, the movie shows close to none of the culture of them.

Groovy

What role did they wind up having in the War of the Ring, besides Gimli's role in the fellowship? I couldn't get past Tom something or another when trying to read the books five years ago.

If your looking for information into dwarves then I highly suggest reading "The Hobbit" as it is about (I'm sure you all know, so just for those that dont) a party of 13 dwarves travelling to Erabor. Through most of the journey they wear hooded cloaks (perhaps they could be modeled). However at the end there is a large battle involving dwarven warriors. There might just be some descriptions in there that could be used. Try from chapter 15 (the gathering of clouds) onwards. Hope this helps in anyway

jonny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast