Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - FAQ & Questions thread

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich - FAQ & Questions thread

Hm... Better start another new campaign in the meantime. My to-do-list is still several pages long...

Cheers!

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Default Re: Conquering the Reich?

Good idea, actually, but AFAIK Protecorates are disabled in UAI 1.6.

That's probably ok, because this feature is easily abusable and hard to balance.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

well i am fighting the mongols in my Franconian campaign so i guess i might after that

Interesting...

Could you tell us where they emerged, if you know? Sarkel, Abkhazia, or further down in Syria? Just because I want to mod them a little bit.

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

Odovacar's Avatar I am with Europe!

Question: I am the emperor may I destroy a HRR faction by starting a war against them?
    Or should they start themselves instead?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB HORSEARCHER
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

Sorry Armenia, for the rascals who lead us.

Hey, I've been playing Medieval II awhile but just today was the first time I ran into a certain event. It's called "Loyalist Revolt" and it happened in Kiev. I'm playing as Russia and it just gave the city to me. I've only seen this rarely in Rome total war before. Is this something that was always in the original Medieval II, or did you add it to HRR? And is this something that's hardcoded (e.g., if Russia doesn't take Kiev it will eventually be given to them), or is it random depending on certain factors that you can influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    Interesting...

Could you tell us where they emerged, if you know? Sarkel, Abkhazia, or further down in Syria? Just because I want to mod them a little bit.

Cheers!
    Edessa is where they emerged. I owned pretty much all of the middle east at that pt. It took them several turns to do anything but they headed to Antioch which was my best garrisoned city luckily and they sieged it. They did a night attack and i ended up with a narrow victory. Then they dispersed and i went on the offensive killed a couple armies then i had a pretty bad defeat near Damascus. After that they went down to Jerusalem where they are currently sieging. Im pretty sure i can win that one tho and a victory there will surely cripple them. This stuff overshadows my war with the byzantines but i have to say its an exciting campaign.

You may only attack HRR factions subject to the imperial ban. Otherwise, chances are high that the others will raise a counter-king, starting a civil war.

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

@poetnic:

That is a vanilla feature. It can be modded, but only in a VERY limited way (AFAIK).

@pchalk:

Thank you! That proves that the randomized appearence of the mongols works as intended - because In my tests the never showed up near Edessa, only in the other 2 locations.

Nice you are enjoying your campaign. I'll try to make the Mongols a little bit stronger btw. Would you mind telling us your difficult levels? Also, any ideas what to change about the Mongols?

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

i believe my difficulty is medium. im not entirely sure tho.

For changes with the mongols i would have to say their primary weakness is the lack of infantry. The mongol heavy archers serve this purpose well but are still few in number. When they sieged Antioch i used a tactic that i used to use when fighting the steppe factions in RTW BI. The few infantry they had would always man the siege equipment. I would just send limited amounts of my stronger troops out to engage them before they reached the wall or gate. I lose a lot of men this way but once they dont have enough infantry i just go back inside the walls where the cavalry cant get me and let the time run out. Im not saying the mongols are easy to fight against but if u want to make them more difficult then see if they historically had some sort of infantry or u could just add more of those heavy archers. They did surprisingly well on the walls. To my luck the mongols always seem emerge in my territory if I own territory in the east.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

i would also try to give them some siege equipment. the mongols turning up in the west in the 13th century were by no means still relying on steppe tactics only. they had siege equipment, auxilliary infantry troops etc. i cant remember exactly, but im sure the mongols have sometimes trebuchets and stuff in their stacks.

@dimitri

perhaps we could rename some eastern infantry and give the mongols some auxiliaries (for now), a look at on of the eastern mods could be helpful.

Yeah, I agree w/ Hannibal. I'm sure even if it's difficult to turn up hard historical facts about Mongol infantry, there was little chance they conquered as much as they did with only cavalry, as this presents the problem that pchalk has turned against them. As they spread eastward I'm sure they picked up a few indigenous soldiers, so adding some already vanilla existing units such as the Afghan Javelin Men to their armies shouldn't be too much of a stretch. I suppose historically the Mongols would probably just have dismounted during a siege, but hey, we can't do that in Medieval II, so we do our best right? haha sorry for rambling.

-apologies, I think I may have combined the names of two units: Afghan Tribesmen and Kurdish Javelin Men.
    Last edited by poetnic; October 06, 2008 at 06:56 PM.

hehe sweet i just fought three battles near Jerusalem and killed off their family members :-)

oh no!! 3 turns after that 4 more Mongol armies appeared in Edessa. I thought I killed them off! Is that normal?

Ha!

Yes, that's normal...

But from my experience they are rather an annoyance than a threat, unfortunately.

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

Yea looks like they brought siege weapons. But I have better troops this time so itll probably be easier. My biggest battles were fought against mongols. Ill need to screenshot some of these upcoming epic battles.

Good idea!

Visit my homepage.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Really? That can be done? I must try that!

Thank you Dim.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Maybe the question is already asked, but if I install DHRR can I still play other mods installed (Like Stainless Steel).

As long as the other mods you have installed don't mess up the original files - sure!

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.