Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - FAQ & Questions thread

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Das Heilige Römische Reich - FAQ & Questions thread

Please ask any questions (not relating to bugs) about the mod here.

As the old thread got messed up by moving around some posts (and spamming ), ive set up a new one.

-HxM

-------

LAST EDIT by HannibalExMachina (17.4.10):

PLEASE guys: 90% of the questions asked in this forum could be answered by reading the readme, the 'features' thread or the 'HRR 0.6 overview' thread. So please spend a minute on doing that before asking a question.

"I am curious why this has all these cool features, and it is centered around Germany, but why cover half the world? Shouldnt it just be part of France, Italy, all of Germany, and some of the Baltic?"

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    It covers more of the world just in case you get bored of playing with the German states. However, at some point we may just make a Germany entered map.

Some FAQ here:

1)
    Q: When I click on the 'custom battle' button, the game crashes! Why is that?

A: As stated in the readme, custom battles are disabled in dHRR.

2)
    Q: Will you add Bulgaria/Lithuania/Ireland/Wales/Teutonic Order/K.o.Jerusalem/P.o.Antioch?

A: No.

3)
    Q: Does my factionleader become elector count if I conquer an elector count?

A: No.

4)
    Q: Which version of M2TW do I need for the mod?

A: HRR 0.4 is for Medieval II 1.3, HRR 0.5 & HRR 0.6 are for Kingdoms 1.4 or Kingdoms 1.5. I recommend the latest patch.

5)
    Q: Could you change the map this way or that / focus more on the HRE / cut out area xyz?

A: The extend of the early 1080-1300 campaign map will not be changed any more.

6)
    Q: Help, i can't build Gothic Knights/Carracks/Musketeers. And i can't upgrade my city to large!

A: HHR is using an era-system, to which all units and some city/castle levels are tied. So you have to check from time to time (or look at the events) if new units are available, eg a musketeer wont be available before around 1500.

7)
    Q: Evil jews are screwing up my settlement's religion! How may i get rid of them?

A: You won't. But max 15% of the population can be jewish.

8)
    Q: province/settlement xy has a weird/name location.

A: we are currently working on a new map. due to problems with region id, some settlements are messed up in 0.8.

9)
    Q: Can i look up the various titles?

A: ATM, only the HRE titles http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329448

More about titles in the DL Thread!

10)

Q: I am using steam.......

A: When you run the mod's Setup.exe, the setup process asks you which installation path you want to use. The default path is in the Sega folder - which is going to be trouble since you purchased Kingdoms through Steam. So instead, you want to change the installation path to the one you actually installed Kingdoms in. Most of the times this is ProgramFiles/Steam/SteamApps/common/[name of game folder] - remember it should be your root game folder. And while I'm typing this I'm realizing you have a non-Steam Medieval II game. So make sure to check into which map you need to install - the install process will say if it needs the Medieval II or Kingdoms folder - I don't remember, it's one map for me because I purchased both on Steam.

If you do have to run Kingdoms through Steam, you want to go to it's Mods folder. Here you will find the original four Kingdom campaigns; Britannia, Americas, Teutonic and Crusades. And any mods you further installed. In this case, HRR. However, the only way Steam runs the game is through the Launcher - which only shows the original four campaigns. So you will want to change the HRR folder's name into one of the four campaigns. Just pick the one you play the least. And change that campaign's name to anything you want.

11)

Q: I can't run 0.8.....

A: Re-downlaod and Re-install.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; May 16, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Default Re: Campaign map

In addition to what Icefrisco said, I'd like a proper representation of the HRE on any map.

Cheers, D.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Questions

@Ice: Seems you lost Kull Warrior's question while moving around the posts
    Here it is:

I was just wondering if this mod indeed changes the age rate of characters to 1 year per turn from the orginal 0.5 years a turn. This messes be up since i always change my campaign to 0.5 years per trun and now my generals are aging at a rapid rate. Can someone tell me how it done so i can change it back
    And the answer:

Look for the 'Aging one year per turn script' in campaign_script.txt and delete it. But you have to be aware that you mess up all events by changing the timescale.

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

ciderson's Avatar Foederatus

Now, I've captured a city, clicked on it, but I still didn't get an offer to give a title to named character
    Is there a way to mannualy 'summon' that 'give-a-title' screen?
    'If I am unrighteous, why does God not stop me?'

No. If you don't get the option to give a title, this city does not offer a title (Just make sure you have title management turned on). For a list of available titles, see the appropriate thread.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

Yeah not all settlements give titles, ciderson. Its probably more like 1/4 or less of them that do...
    Terror of the Steppes: a Kypchak AAR
    Check out my tutorial: how to change one faction into another HERE

I updated the first post to include some FAQ.

Visit my homepage.

Default Das Heilige Römische Reich: We've Been Featured in a German Magazine (again)

Yup. As the title says this mod was featured in a German magazine.

Link to magazine

From the magazine's site:
    Im Magazin-Teil untersuchen wir wieso, weshalb, warum Windows als Spieleplattform lange ungewöhnlich war. Wir starten einen Erklärungsversuch zum Erfolg vom Landwirtschafts-Simulator 2008 und in der Mods & Maps-Abteilung wird es historisch, denn neue Texturen, Regelwerkänderungen und überarbeitete Karten bringen Schwung in Medieval 2: Total War - Das Heilige Römische Reich.
    Translated:
    'In the Mods & Maps department we get 'historic', because the mod 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' peps up Medieval 2:Total War with new textures, game features and a revised map...'
    In addition the mod is on a DVD which the magazine comes with and there mod will be in an article.

UPDATE:

HRR has also been featured in the September issue of German Magazine 'PC ACTION'.
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; July 24, 2008 at 08:40 AM. Reason: update: HRR also featured in PC ACTION

Default Re: Das Heilige Romische Reich: In a German Magazine

wow... pretty horrific translation.

The sentence about HRR should read something like:

'In the Mods & Maps department we get 'historic', because the mod 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' peps up Medieval 2:Total War with new textures, game features and a revised map...'
    In defense of your automatic translator I have to say that the original sentence is somewhat chaotic.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

Default Re: Das Heilige Romische Reich: In a German Magazine

Edited. I thought it seemed crappy.

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Icon14 Re: Das Heilige Romische Reich: We've Been Featured a German Magazine

you guys really deserve that attention after all the hard work you have put down on this

Default Re: Das Heilige Romische Reich: We've Been Featured a German Magazine

Thank you very much

Visit my homepage.

Stickied.

Shall I ask for an HRR frontpage news-entry too?

Visit my homepage.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Das Heilige Romische Reich: We've Been Featured in a German Magazine

definitely

but keep that for 0.7, it will surely need an entry.

Default Re: Das Heilige Romische Reich: We've Been Featured in a German Magazine

Nice! Congrats.
    Under the Patronage of Belisarius

Member of S.I.N.
    = Fidei defensor =

Consider yourself conservative? Five Conservative Classics

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich - v0.7 Discussion

Congratulations to the HRR team.

The mod got an review in the latest version of the german PC mag PC Games.

moved to the appropriate thread
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; June 26, 2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Thank you!

Visit my homepage.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default How's the work on the HRR go?

No pressure at all here, just curious how is your magnificent work progressing so far. Could we have an indication about when we could expect 0.7? Or even... HRR 1?

I'm anxious to play the full thing.

Moved to questions thread
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; June 30, 2008 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks for your kind words!

As always, we don't give a release date for many reasons. But I'll open a 'HRR 0.7 preview thread' soon.

Rest assured that I'm at least as anxious as you to play 0.7 or even 1.0!

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast