Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Faction Research Thread] The Bulgars

Default [Faction Research Thread] The Bulgars

Greetings Bulgar fans

Post anything related to the Bulgars here

Units:

Baghaturs

The Baghaturs are a verteran unit of the Bulgar army. In native language translated to "heroes". There are many legends about the unit claiming one Baghatur can kill 40 men by himself, single handed. They are armed with a spear and have a strong charge attack and are vital to the Bulgar roster as the Bulgar roster is 90% cavalry.

Bagaini

Bagains - The Bagains are the people from the lower noble ranks, the so called "fed-men" of the Khan. They are often used as aides to the Boils
    and as means to keep the latter under the Khan's control. Armed with a spear and a bow they pose a serious threat to all foes within an arrow's or a spear's distance. After all, nobility among the Bulgars is bought with the blood of their enemies and the Bagains have a desire to progress even further in ranks.

Boile

Boils - Being the highest noble's class, the Boils are the wealthiest people in the Bulgar state and some of them even form "the Council of the High Boils". Having the need to ensure their power from the careerist attempts of the Bagains, as well as to gain even more glory and wealth on the battlefield, they field one of the heaviest troops in the Bulgar's army, armoured both with lamellar and mail armour.

Chigote

Chigots - Literally meaning "sword-bearers", these men have the prestigous task of being a special unit under the Khan's direct command and usually serving as his loyal guards and law enforcers in peace-time, as well as a special forces unit in war-time, aimed specifically for assault on any types of fortifications which can not be passed by a horse. As a result they're perfectly trained in the art of fighting with spear and sword.

Khans guard:

Khan's guard - The best of the best, only the strongest, most agile and clever warriors have the rare chance to ride with the Khan himself and give their lives for him if need be. But since such great soldiers are rare to find, the Khan has armed and armoured these men with the best equipment in the land, thus ensuring both his safety and his victory.

General:

Family Tree
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Nakharar; July 23, 2008 at 01:53 PM.

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Default Re: Research Thread: The Bulgars

I'll send you the general, boili, bagaturi, bagaini, chigoti units today...

And you should put me in the skinners too, as I'm making the skins of my units too
    Last edited by gogo t; July 13, 2008 at 06:24 AM.
    MORAL

k Thanks Gogo T BTW dont post your units here PM me them so i can make a preview out of them

Aaaah this banner is junk I don't know who's the 2d artist be he is verry bad... I'll make it but it will be other style like this

Careful gogo t, you can critic someones work just not them personally
    Last edited by y2day; July 15, 2008 at 11:19 AM.
    MORAL

Well the 2d artist is very good dont be so commentive his other ones are real nice i tell him to fix it a little bit , we use the one Lewagal did there real nice for the other ones if you see them i actualy didnt like his version of the Bulgars i tell him to redo

Banners
    MORAL

Quote Originally Posted by gogo t View Post
    Aaaah this banner is junk I don't know who's the 2d artist be he is verry bad... I'll make it but it will be other style like this

if it's so bad, make your own. i'm tired of working on those faction symbols anyway, so the least you can do is appreciate the work.

Proud Israeli and supporter of the state of ISRAEL
    WATCH THIS AND THIS AND THIS and after that, tell me who's wrong.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by Lewagal View Post
    if it's so bad, make your own.
    He has, a long time ago.

Now, I'm helping with the "historical research" for the Bulgar faction, though I have to make one note - since the Bulgars were rather dispersed at that time and while some lived to the north of the Caucasus mountains (where the faction itself would be), some of them, especially from the Kutrigur tribes, were in Hunnic domain and thus would probably be a part of the Hunnic faction as well. As for the Bulgar faction in the Caucasus region - since they weren't the only ones living in that region (another prime example are the Alans), I'm thinking if there could be a way to have the "Bulgar faction" represent both the Bulgars and the Alans (especially since there is not much info for a centralised state there and at that time).

well im planning a building called Allied camps in barbarian cultures it could be called Allied Strongholds or Allied lookouts of or something like that. Basicly it provides trainable units which arnt represented in game but played a important roll like you said the Alans , the Bulgars in the Hun faction the Huns in the sassanid army and gengs to in the Sassanian army. So Alans and other minorities can be represented like that using the Allied Camps.The allied camps provides a AOR system its a bit like auxilary buildings just called another name. Like Armenians will always be recruitable from Armenia VIA the Allied Camps , the Albanians will always be recruitable from Albania Via allied camps however the mercenary camps has 2 levels, one decreases prices for mercenaries and increases the availability in the area(and the mercenaries and recruited from it) and the 2nd provides unique units like for the Huns Bulgar mercenaries

The faction symbol thing dont worry we poll them against each other so the public decides which is better
    Last edited by Nakharar; July 14, 2008 at 04:14 PM.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    well im planning a building called Allied camps in barbarian cultures it could be called Allied Strongholds or Allied lookouts of or something like that. Basicly it provides trainable units which arnt represented in game but played a important roll like you said the Alans , the Bulgars in the Hun faction the Huns in the sassanid army and gengs to in the Sassanian army. So Alans and other minorities can be represented like that using the Allied Camps.The allied camps provides a AOR system its a bit like auxilary buildings just called another name. Like Armenians will always be recruitable from Armenia VIA the Allied Camps , the Albanians will always be recruitable from Albania Via allied camps however the mercenary camps has 2 levels, one decreases prices for mercenaries and increases the availability in the area(and the mercenaries and recruited from it) and the 2nd provides unique units like for the Huns Bulgar mercenaries
    Sounds pretty good!

Well i said it wrong its more like if an Armenian region has a Allied camp they get units from the surronding nations like Albanian units Georgian Units and Roman Units, im at the moment seperating the map into the Ally regions
    Last edited by Nakharar; July 15, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

Falcone's Avatar Tiro

Don't worry, this is a good job!

Will religion be a factor? The Bulgars are Orthodox Christians as far as I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellinika View Post
    Will religion be a factor? The Bulgars are Orthodox Christians as far as I know...
    Bulgarians are ortodox since 9th century , but Bulgars \=old bulgarians\ were pagan \Tngrism or Zoroastrism or else :hmmm: this still isn't for sure \
    MORAL

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Yeah, the Bulgar's religion is quite a messy topic (with several possible cults and religions, maybe even several at once), but I guess in the game it would be in the group of Paganism.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=180021

Post 10 is that true if so can the Baghaturs have a skin like that?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=180021

Post 10 is that true if so can the Baghaturs have a skin like that?
    Ahmmm it's not, bagaturs were heavily armured...
    MORAL

well what does that unit look like??

well what does that unit look like??
    might be a bagain :hmmm:
    or "heavy bulgar horseman merc" for the huns
    Last edited by gogo t; July 30, 2008 at 11:31 AM.
    MORAL

Here

MORAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast