Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread & Discussion

Default Re: -East of Rome-

Quote Originally Posted by trenchwirez View Post
    but still nobody has done a serious one that encompasses the Far East/Southeast Asia.
    Hello ?

East of Rome covers the timeframe of 519-700 and has a map stretching from Italy to India and from Egypt to the Steppes.

no göktürks, khazars?

-

The actual map does not go as far as India, so the Göktürk territory is only in parts on the map. But the reason for not making them playable is gameplay, other factions seem more promising and more unique.

This might interest you:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272155

Thanks for your interest in EoR!
    Ρέζου λογίου πελάτης (Client of the eloquent Rez)

hahaha is this the mod understanding from you guys here.

mod start: East of Rome covers the timeframe of 519-700 and has a map stretching from Italy to India and from Egypt to the Steppes.

Huns (Hunnic Empire) CE.370–469

maybe Gokturks in place of the Huns

the Gokturks (Gokturk Khaganate) 552–747

-

im afraid not, the Huns in this game is not the Kingdom but it is the remnants such as the people, thyey are a weak kingdom...
    Anyhow not enough land for us to include the gokturks

Oh, yes, it's a pity that you don't include Gokturk Khanate (or Turkut, like Lev Gumilev said)
    PER ASPERA AD ASTRA

Dr.McNugget's Avatar Laetus

I am soo excited for this mod! I joined this forum specifically for it! Keep it up guys its gonna be a great mod.

Nice to see you joined the forum just for us, it is appreciated... If you really want to see the mod quicker, learn modding...

Dr.McNugget's Avatar Laetus

Sure ill try anything, do you know where I can get a guide to modding I would love to learn.

Nice. I hope this mod will be finished until I reach the timeperiod in my AAR.
    Good luck with the work.

One question though. Will there be only one main campaign or also subcampaigns? (Like a Islamic expansion campaign, since that didn't start in 519 )

edit: reading the preview the question is obsolete.
    Last edited by Fixiwee; December 20, 2009 at 01:12 PM.

haha, yea theres one main campaign, sub campaigns would be rigfht up our street if i was a full mapper but i aint so for now 1 main campaign and maybe for second version a islamic sub campaign

I see.
    Well good luck! I hope this mod will be ready when I reach the timeline in my AAR campaign, so I'll keep following the progress here.

hey, someone mentioned they would like to learn modding, i think the best way to learn any modding skill is have a mentor. I dont mind taking a student, i am the new EoR modeler BTW.

Artful

Default Re: -East of Rome- Suggestion & Questions Thread

Whats the progress mate?

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: -East of Rome- Suggestion & Questions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    Whats the progress mate?
    We're currently ironing out the problems with the Roman roster (a preview isn't too far off!), and once this is done, we will turn back to the Sassanids and give them some new units. After that, it'll be the turn of the Ostrogoths.

Meanwhile, work on the map is ongoing from Nakh and I, I am doing family trees, and some basic scripts and traits are being prepared. Good to know?

Why is it the EASTERN Roman Empire by the way? There is no Western Empire anymore. The former East is all what's left. They called themselves "Romanoi" after all, that is Romans. They are Rome. And they want it back

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

EOR will be merging with IBII as a sub campaign focusing largely on the Emperor Justinian. Not a lot to say at this point other than most of the stuff that you've seen so far will remain in this mod. More information to follow at some point when more is established. I'm now mod leader.

Well, I guess it is time to reveal myself.

I've been here for a year, but couldn't remember my password. I just started posting here a few weeks ago.

I used to be a member of an alternate history website, but decided to get myself banned.

I don't know jack about modding, but I do have an interest in the time frame of this mod.

So if anything is needed, I will try to find it.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shouldn't the ERE rebels be called bacaudae?
    That's what they were in the west

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

The name bagaudae reappeared in the early fifth century (basically it was a term from the 3rd century crisis), when they are mentioned as in control of parts of Gaul and the Ebro valley (spain). During the time of Aetius they were indeed able to deploy armies in Gaul and Spain.
    source
    J. F. Drinkwater, reviewing Léon, Los bagaudas, in The Classical Review

That means the Bagaudae were a local "problem" of the west - and classical rebels were never called like that in the east.