Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread & Discussion

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: -East of Rome-

The Islamic Caliphate will be an emerging faction, though playable in custom battles.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: -East of Rome- Suggestion & Questions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by almansor View Post
    are muslim caliphate playable?
    they will have new unit,unit-three?
    the muslim caliphate play a major role in history,it's a handicap if they will not playable.
    The Caliphate will not be playable, since Islam did not exist in 519AD. They will be a powerful emerging faction though, and will be playable in custom battles. And yes, they have their own new roster, which looks beautiful!

Just saw this mod for the first time, it looks amazing. I need to reinstall the game for when this gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by For Victory View Post
    it looks amazing.
    the preview looks ok. But I wait first until I really saw some ingame screenshots and units (still missing)
    Furthermore I have a question concerning the buildings on the battle field. Did I fight my battles beteen middle age bell-towers and other non-late-antiquity buildings. IMHO looks strange if my Romans attack medieval-like walls.
    That's also the problem of other late antiquity mods like IB and Gathering Storm.

Unfortunatly yes, we are going to have to use medieval buildings, unless theres a breakthrough and building modelling becomes ALOT easier as at the moment none of our team members are up to date with the long process. So maybe version 2.

We will try do our best and mix and match eg: use Lithuania for Barbarians and Huns (the Hill fort), use a mix of buildings for different cultures.

Considering the preview, we have given a preview with ingame shots take a look at the last preview at the bottom theres a mini battle AAR with ingame screenshots of the Alwan and Lombards.

Soon there will be another preview its nearly ready

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    Unfortunatly yes, we are going to have to use medieval buildings,
    That's what I expected
    Well, this takes flair from the game.

cool.
    I hope with some more important stuff like screenshots of the map, building system, some Romans etc etc

Romans are in production

nopasties's Avatar Campidoctor

bump

hi

can you fight in this game???

man this mod looks really good and am greatly looking forward to it i like the focus on the eastern regions as its not totally focused on Europe, is there any reference to the Gepids though?

Hello,

How far to the East will the map extend? I saw a picture, but was hoping that maybe it will extend into India.

Thank you all for your interest!

@ pieman,

sure, you will have to fight a lot. Battlefield action as well as strategic planning, it's all in the campaigne.

@ Ethelfref,

there is unfortunatly very little written source material (short bits from various sources like Procopius or Paul the Deacon), while the archaeological record is far from clear. It's hard to tell if a certain grave was indeed Gepid e.g. The unit roster of the Gepids will be less evolved than other's, but will do our best, since the community obviously likes them. Not sure why, but I do respect it.
    (my opinion as researcher)

@ Silent Ghent,

Currently the map is what it is as outlined on the first page. That's the goal - and trust me, considering the amount of work such a map including its factions, units, coding etc. requires in campaign mode, it's a very ambitious goal as it is.
    (my impression, but I am neither coder, modeller, nor mapper...)
    Ρέζου λογίου πελάτης (Client of the eloquent Rez)

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

What playable faction will be Jewish? Or is it a rebel religion?

none its a rebel religion its debatable if we want it i dont think its ingame

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, it wasn't a major religion except maybe in the Sassanid empire...

Even if it was without a Jewish faction the religion would get removed at the most after the first 70 turns as it has no means of coming back

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Wait, there's a Jewish faction? Awesome.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Unfortunatly yes, we are going to have to use medieval buildings, unless theres a breakthrough and building modelling becomes ALOT easier as at the moment none of our team members are up to date with the long process. So maybe version 2.

We will try do our best and mix and match eg: use Lithuania for Barbarians and Huns (the Hill fort), use a mix of buildings for different cultures.

Considering the preview, we have given a preview with ingame shots take a look at the last preview at the bottom theres a mini battle AAR with ingame screenshots of the Alwan and Lombards.

I don`t know how good the editor is, but there`s supposed to be one. Just jumped through another page.
    You might wanna have a look at an example:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=295483
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

@Nazgul Killer, you mistunderstood there will not be, but for second release we may include a Khazar faction

@Christantius ,Yes that is very possible but will take time, we will see , what DoTS are doing are using a system that uses Tiles, so basicly that map will be the map for granada siege, that may mean many many problems for us, as changing tiles im not sure if it can be done so if theres a script for it, so if the Hun settlement becomes a minor city we dont want it showing a few mudhuts