Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread & Discussion

Default Re: -East of Rome- Suggestion & Questions Thread

The map from the most recent preview does not include the Roman province of Africa (modern Tunisia and Algeria). But Belisarius conquered Africa before Sicily or Italy. See Procopius, History of the Wars of Justinian, books 3 and 4.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

COOL!!!Is here Armenian preview?(I am new here)
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Default Re: -East of Rome-

BUT Armenian culture isn't Caucasian!!!Even we can say that Armenian culture is unique.

Look Im armenian too when i started this mod though i am not leading it any more and this mod as you can see is not in the best state so unfortunately we have to sacrafice historical accuracy of alot of factions

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    Look Im armenian too when i started this mod though i am not leading it any more and this mod as you can see is not in the best state so unfortunately we have to sacrafice historical accuracy of alot of factions
    Yes you are right!!!

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    Indeed, given the current condition it would be a true feet of achievement if this sub-mod ever sees daylight....having that in mind, it doesn't really matter if Armenian culture is the caucasian one of not for many other things will eventually get sacrificed.

This looks very good.

Wait this is not a dead mod right?
    Last edited by justinius; May 22, 2010 at 07:00 AM.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    Wait this is not a dead mod right?
    Nope. We're having a break for a few weeks though, because a lot of the team members have exams. There's actually a fair bit that's been done that's not been previewed, because it needs further refining, such as the Roman roster, the unique buildings, and the map. As ever, we could do with extra help with modelling and skinning!

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Nope. We're having a break for a few weeks though, because a lot of the team members have exams. There's actually a fair bit that's been done that's not been previewed, because it needs further refining, such as the Roman roster, the unique buildings, and the map. As ever, we could do with extra help with modelling and skinning!

Very good news then because I wasn't sure since Nakhratar left. It's looks very good plus it's the only mod planned for MTW2 that covers the region and that timeframe. Looking forward to play as the Lombards or the Sassanid Empire.

you could make a campaigh of the ridda wars, aka the wars of apostasy, based in the arabian peninsula, make it similar to the britania campaighn in vanilla but more funner, with new factions, units, and etc, the ridda wars will have you playing as the caliphate under Abu Bakr, with the goal of reclaiming arabia, the apostate tribes in the forms of musaylama's people in al yamamah, tulayha of the bani assad tribe, malik ibn nuwera in najd, yemeni rebels, apostat rebels in oman, and rebels in bahrayn. re assurt the authority of the caliph and religion of islam in arabia or be one of the rebels and change history and conquer arabia for yourself..... just a suggestion, what do you think? i advice also you ask muslim historians about the event because i cant find articles about it except on wikipedia and you know how reliable wikipedia is......... but its an important part of history that ultimatly shaped the caliphate and allowed it to eventually conquer the eastern roman empire and the sassinads... so a campaighn on it would be splendid....

Good luck with finishing this mod! INVASIO BARBARORVM II and campaigns are great ideas.
    I'm lookin forward to RESTITUTIO IUSTINIANI. Maybe you could made a campaign which plays
    476 Anno Domini ...and where the player can save rome and change the history.

Anyway...thanks for your great work
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; December 20, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro
    City of Lightning, Equator Emerald, 1st Level of Heaven

This mod looks amazing, very interesting timeframe. want to play as Sassanid Persia or The Caliphate, hhhhh... sadly The Caliphate is unplayable
    Last edited by Heeehehe; January 02, 2011 at 04:31 PM.
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

"He who has not seen it does not know the power of Islam." -Ibn Khaldun

Really? The Caliphate is unplayable? Didn't know that. Of course it would be historically accurate to have them unplayable at the beginning. Maybe there could be a Caliphate campaign like RTW Alexander, though it would require extra work which is of course timely.
    Last edited by justinius; January 02, 2011 at 06:53 PM.

Hello!How does it goes, comrades?

thnx iv been looking for a mod that includes the rise of islam and its rapid conquests

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Thats very good news, cannot wait to see what you've done

Signature made by Joar

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Damn,the two things Im most curious about,units and the map.

Is this mod alive, I would like to fight to bring Roman civilization back to the West with my armies!!? This mod was one of the reasons I bought Medieval II!
    Originally Posted by Tyer032392:
    "The problem about having troops killing soldiers is that if CA implemented that, than they will earn the ire of Jack Thompson, and that is something CA doesn't need. If anyone doesn't know who he is, google "Jack Thompson"."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabricus View Post
    Is this mod alive
    that's the question.
    At least Ages of Darkness 2 is still in progress
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

1) Roman army (6th c. eastern front) during the Roamno - Persian wars. 2) Roman archer (6th c.) of Emperor Justinian. 3) Roman (cavalry) Bucellarii 4) Armored Legionnary.

1)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2)

3)

4)

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum