Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243

Thread: Bug Thread & Discussion

Nikiforos XMike's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Bug Thread & Discussion

First let me say you made an amazing job, i'm looking forward for the next release of the full campaign

Can I ask is there a bug fixer for crushdowns? I haven't been able to complete a single custom battle...
    The game just crushes after a few minutes, and it's not a graphics error i checked it. The log file doesn't indicate some specific reason for the crushdown

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos XMike View Post
    First let me say you made an amazing job, i'm looking forward for the next release of the full campaign

Can I ask is there a bug fixer for crushdowns? I haven't been able to complete a single custom battle...
    The game just crushes after a few minutes, and it's not a graphics error i checked it. The log file doesn't indicate some specific reason for the crushdown
    I'm glad that you're liking the mod...there are a ton of bugs out there but I cannot think of why your custom battle would have crashed. Did you play as the Avari and open up its unit card? I think that does cause a crash in game... Our team really needs a bug hunter/fixer.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos XMike View Post

Try my fixed edu from here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13569574 it has fixed the custom battle probs for me and others.
    Good luck!

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat

Hey, this isn't really a bug, I just don't know where else to discuss it. I was just wondering if anyone else is getting huge lag spikes in battles? I can't tell if it's my computer or the unit models, my computer normally runs everything else fine though. It seems to be mostly the barbarian units that are causing the issue, the Romans cause a little lag, but not as much as the slavs or avars. Just my observations.

I think that it's probably a result of the close detail that went into making the units. On my old computer the battles did lag quite a bit, but I got a new rig a couple of weeks ago that has much better specs and there is a world of difference...I no longer have any lag in battles. M2TW wasn't really designed for multi-core processors.

I mean I figured that was the case, thanks for the reply Darios. By the way, any news about H.E.L.P yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Gareth View Post
    By the way, any news about H.E.L.P yet?
    Things are progressing

Hi everybody! First of all, a very big rep to the team of this mod, the danube limes is really awesome!
    After encountering the same crashes as other players, I pasted the 3 bug fixers you uploaded (EDU, text.7z and UI fix.7z) but the game kept on crashing, although less often. So I started looking for bugs and I found mainly 2:
    1 - Right click on the unit card of Symmachoi Sklabenoi garrisoned in the Empire's cities causes instant crash (I've not found any other unit doing the same).
    2 - While on the battlefield, crashes are rare if you don't zoom onto the units. They still occur, though, even after pasting the correct EDU without the supposed CTD-maker officers.

My changes were:
    1 - Since I can't deepen too much in the game settings, I deleted Symmachoi Sklabenoi from garrisons from descr_strat, EDB, EDU .txt files and from the folders ui and unit_models.
    2 - I figured out that the problem with the officers is not limited to the ones already deleted, but involved many more of them: after a very sad decision, I deleted all of the officers from the units.

As a result I've not had a single cdt anymore since these changes! I hope you can fix this, because sklabenoi symmachoi and the officers are very well made.
    However there's still something worrying me: I found it too hard to play with the Romans, unless disbanding half of the army at turn 1. It's not a matter of Slavs' aggressiveness (it's the spicy side of the game, instead!), it's about money: another very good side of this mod is the foraging of the armies, which takes away most the income, forcing the player to take choices very carefully about what to develop. What I changed is the upkeep of the roman generals (1200 is way too high! I lowered it to 400), as well as re-establishing for all factions the upkeep slots in settlements and adding "free_upkeep_unit" in the EDU for all the militiamen of the 4 factions.

After these changes another kind of CTD appeared: after pasting the new EDB and EDU with the modifications aforesaid, as soon as I clicked on "Continue campaign" I had a CTD and it was impossible for me to continue the previous game. I'm sure it's not related to something I typed wrong because there's nothing of the kind in the log file. So, I had to start another one, this time definitely without ANY kind of crash. I mean, it's not normal that EDB and EDU changes are not save-game compatible and cause CTD: I did similar kind of stuff with Stainless Steel and with Third Age Total War and CTDs never happened.
    I just wanted to notice this to you because it would be a pity if it caused major problems while releasing the main 1.0 version.

There are still 2 other little things to fix, but this doesn't involve crashes, luckily: mines don't give income and settlements without palisades have no recruitment slots even though some units are available for recruitment. I guess it would be nice to add a single recruitment slot.

Sorry for the long message, I hope this is helpful to you. Keep up with the very good work!
    Tudiano

Ah, I've seen another thing: while laying siege for more than 1 turn troops of the defending army don't lower. Is it something you did on purpose?

Crash report update: unit card of bulgar mizrakli also causes cdt as I click right on it

I have a problem with graphics. The screen is totally ed up when I start the campaign map. I have nVidia GeForce 9400 GT, and I have played other M2:TW mods just fine. Anyone recognises the problem?

Never mind, found it, fixed it. Sorry for double-post, I do not see edit option here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tudiano View Post
    Crash report update: unit card of bulgar mizrakli also causes cdt as I click right on it
    Yes, I also have this problem. Hopefully the H.E.L.P guys can figure out with this unit because it works perfectly in custom battles.

One crash solved: slavic symmachoi crash when clicked on because armour_ug levels in EDU are too high (7, 9, 14, 23) and can't be converted into text on the unit card. If you change values to 1,2, 3, 4 crash disappears and you are informed that next upgrade is "light mail" or something. Same with bulgar mizrakli. Quite a few units have these high armour_ug levels, but because they are not starting units, the problem is not so obvious. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by pons View Post
    One crash solved: slavic symmachoi crash when clicked on because armour_ug levels in EDU are too high (7, 9, 14, 23) and can't be converted into text on the unit card. If you change values to 1,2, 3, 4 crash disappears and you are informed that next upgrade is "light mail" or something. Same with bulgar mizrakli. Quite a few units have these high armour_ug levels, but because they are not starting units, the problem is not so obvious. Hope this helps
    I can confirm that this does the trick. Good Job pons (+Rep)

Could you please upload your EDU file here on the forum so people can update their game files with it? We really need to gather all of the "fixes" that have been created since release and post them on a single thread so everyone will have access to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I can confirm that this does the trick. Good Job pons (+Rep)

Could you please upload your EDU file here on the forum so people can update their game files with it? We really need to gather all of the "fixes" that have been created since release and post them on a single thread so everyone will have access to them.
    Er, I would if I knew how. How does one upload a file please?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by pons View Post
    Thanks for your fix of the right-clicking issue. I've fixed alot of those bugs in my EDU of EOR. Many unused units had that bug too! Plus rep!

This will help when testing them out, as i now can actually click their unlocalized placement-portraits.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 04, 2017 at 10:12 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Bagabigna's Avatar Civis

Hi there,

I've been having a crash CTD whenever I do an "All" era custom battle with the Romans. This same error also happens when I try doing a battle with non-playable factions made playable.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Bagabigna View Post
    Hi there,

I've been having a crash CTD whenever I do an "All" era custom battle with the Romans. This same error also happens when I try doing a battle with non-playable factions made playable.
    Yes ,the released beta named East of Rome: Danube Limes isn't playable in "all eras"-mode. Also, only four factions do work - no unlocalized placement units will work.You are only supposed to play as the Avars, Maurekian Romans, Antes and the Schlavenes.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal