Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Teutonic Order campaign to hard?

Default The Teutonic Order campaign to hard?

Hi guys,

I want some honest opinions here from the people that really matter, the fans who have played as the Teutonic Order in KGCM. Do you find the campaign to be a little to challenging? I wanted it to be hard, but if this is to much so then for most people it may kill the fun. Please describe in this thread your campaigns and what became of them.

Since patch 3.2 the TO campaign is even tougher due to the changes in alliances. Lithuania (pagans) can no longer ally with catholics so often form a strong alliance with the Kievan Rus (orthodox) early on. I will listen and decide if any rebalances are necassary.

Dave

Default Re: The Teutonic Order campaign to hard?

I've never finished a TO campaign, but I have played one for a fair amount to at least give a semi-good response. I find that if you can ally with one or two of the Catholic factions to the west, usually Poland, HRE or Denmark, then you can focus on "spreading the word of god" to the pagans. Also, if you can play smart and get a crusade against Vilinus (which happens alot acutally, in many of my campaigns), you get instant Catholic reinforcements . Anyways, I do not think it is too hard to play, but it certainly is one of the harder campaigns I've played, which is all part of the fun.

What rebalances were you thinking of, if I may ask?

Well if everyone is happy with the Teutonic campaign I won't need to change a thing just checking peoples opinions. What I could have possibly done was give TO Visby at the start to make things easier on them. Starting with only 2 regions and being out numbered is certainly hard. Also the addition of Norway has made it harder to grab land in Scandinavia and build up a good income. I guess though its realistic in a way that TO needs a crusade called against Lithuania.

Dave

I thought that playing as the Teutons it was very exciting and challenging, Crusades help a lot and you need to make a lot of friends

I always thought it would be too hard on the computer AI to play, but my recent campaign rid me of those doubts, I don't think theres anything wrong with em at all

The harder the better for me
    Oops, double-post sorry.

Has anyone tried a campaign as the TO since patch 3.2? I guess this is my main reason for the concern.

P.S. I am looking to start another TO campaign soon, can't wait!

regards,
    Dave

The harder the better for me
    You'll be pleased to here then that I intend to up the difficulty for the Antioch campaign in the next patch! I happen to think that this campaign should be the most challenging and the hardest to survive. At the same time the expansion of Antioch under AI control will be slowed.

Oops, double-post sorry.
    Deleted.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 13, 2008 at 01:41 PM.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

I can say sure that Lithunia ally with Rus very quick
    and also many ally is not possible
    I think this is a bit hard but in TO campaign I often choose Kievan Rus to ally first so this is not too effect in my campaign cause after that I may become a viking with the real viking or stay safe because no one invade me
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Hi mate

I got a big campaign going at the Teutonic Order the only thing i have to say is 750 florins for order spearmen who get there asses handed to them by Lithuian hordes is annoying and you always low on cash and your hand is forced to invade Denmark for the iron (helps TO play)

Hi maltesefalcon,

First welcome to the forums and thanks for leaving me a comment.

Well Order Spearmen have been reduced down to 700 florins each since patch 3.2, or was that after patch 3.2? The reason there is such a high price for these early units is the very heavy armour they wear.

As for fighting off the Lithuanian hordes, Teutonic Knights proved to be the key units for me early on. Buy as many of these as you can and always keep them retrained. As soon as Konigsberg becomes a minor city move your capital their and construct another teutonic knights chapter house. Good luck!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 20, 2008 at 10:51 AM.

Ah

Well i just requested a crusaded and horded them back, but it was a nasty fight i mean we both loss a huge amount of men, i even had to use a Church to ensure they didn't hit my flanks (Oh god was with me that day), is it possible to add them a new Milita unit.

They only get three even when it is a Large Town +

Has anyone managed to complete a campaign as the TO yet since the release of version 3.2?

no not yet but ...

I am planning on starting a TO campaign next, my last one was quite good

Heck! it looks like the TO kicked Pagan and Russian ass in that campaign!

Nice to see both the KOJ and Antioch evicted from the Holy land too!

Dave

aye, I gave the Timurids and Egyptians enough money to convince them to attack Antioch, and when they got excommunicated I instantly got a crusade against them and I took several of their settlements

They've been destroyed now as well as have Kievan Rus, and I've now managed to get all my friends in Europe to gang up on the TO who we have been crusading against they get constantly excommunicated lol

aye, I gave the Timurids and Egyptians enough money to convince them to attack Antioch, and when they got excommunicated I instantly got a crusade against them and I took several of their settlements
    Dude they are not Catholic nations :hmmm:

Maybe he means Antioch, although I wouldn't think they would be excomm-ed if they were fighting muslims. Usually that is a way to the top of the Pope's list.

yeh lol I mean antioch getting excommd, never found out why they were, but they were getting a bit big for their own boots, as the TO is now

but when the message came up saying Antioch had been excommd, I seized the opportunity and boom, several turns later their downfall was complete

now I just have to deal with the TO, which is hard considering each stack i send into their territory is met with several of their own

Got a question Mr Chris

How do you keep yourself out of the red when it comes for money, im going broke every turn due to the building prices and the constent warring with almost everyone (playing as BE)

How do you keep yourself out of the red when it comes for money, im going broke every turn due to the building prices and the constent warring with almost everyone (playing as BE)
    If you can deal with the Kingdom of Hungary early on and take most of their regions from them, it will make the going a lot easier later on. Like the TO campaign, the start is critical.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 21, 2008 at 04:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast